Author Topic: How is Lebron a better player than D-Wade??  (Read 22410 times)

How is Lebron a better player than D-Wade??
« on: June 07, 2011, 07:56:56 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
Throughout the season/playoffs I keep hearing about Lebron the best player on the Miami Heat
Pardon my french but.... what??

Besides passing, D-Wade is better in every facet of the game

-Wade is a better finisher
-Wade is a better ball-handler
-Wade is a better slasher in traffic
-Wade is a more consistent shooter
-Wade is a better defender (averages about 100 blocks a season, best for a guard)

-And mostly, Wade is more clutch. Game 3 is the most recent example. He had 29 pts and 11 rebs and hit all the big shots. Took over offensively as well as defensively. And let us not forget that 2006 Finals

I cringe everytime I hear on ESPN or NBA TV that Lebron is the best player on the Heat. Anyone agree?

Re: How is Lebron a better player than D-Wade??
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 08:25:16 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Aren't you the same guy that would rather have Marc Gasol over Dwight Howard?

You start your team with Wade. I'll start mine with Lebron.

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 08:37:06 PM »

Offline dmopower

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
He isnt better!! Ill take D Wade first every time.
He is the toughest guard in the league. To strong for any quick guards to play against and to quick for any strong guards and I dont think there are any stronger guards out there. D Wade is the best player in this league and he has been for a few years now!

blind optimist or GENIUS

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 08:40:53 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
Throughout the season/playoffs I keep hearing about Lebron the best player on the Miami Heat

-Wade is a better defender (averages about 100 blocks a season, best for a guard)

-And mostly, Wade is more clutch. Game 3 is the most recent example. He had 29 pts and 11 rebs and hit all the big shots. Took over offensively as well as defensively. And let us not forget that 2006 Finals

I cringe everytime I hear on ESPN or NBA TV that Lebron is the best player on the Heat. Anyone agree?

No, I don't agree.  In fact, I disagree with all of the points you use to say that Wade is better.  LeBron is a superior passer and rebounder, has both a higher FG% and 3P%, and is more durable.  I dispute your claim that Wade is the better defender - Wade isn't the one I saw shut Derrick Rose down in the ECF.  Wade also isn't the one turning Terry into a fourth quarter nonfactor in the Finals.  Blocks don't mean everything.

I don't think Wade is a better finisher, slasher or ballhandler, and even if he is the difference between the two is nearly nonexistent - both are among the best in the game at all three categories.  I think they're very equal in those categories.

As far as 'clutch' goes, I find it hard to believe that any Celtics fan would question LeBron's 'clutch' ability after what happened in the second round.

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 08:51:13 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Aren't you the same guy that would rather have Marc Gasol over Dwight Howard?

You start your team with Wade. I'll start mine with Lebron.
So so far we have

OsirusCeltics with: marc Gasol and Dwyane Wade

Mr. October with: Lebron James and Dwight Howard

Right now Mr. October has the better team by a landslide.

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 08:54:36 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell

No, I don't agree.  In fact, I disagree with all of the points you use to say that Wade is better.  LeBron is a superior passer and rebounder, has both a higher FG% and 3P%, and is more durable.  I dispute your claim that Wade is the better defender - Wade isn't the one I saw shut Derrick Rose down in the ECF.  Wade also isn't the one turning Terry into a fourth quarter nonfactor in the Finals.  Blocks don't mean everything.

I don't think Wade is a better finisher, slasher or ballhandler, and even if he is the difference between the two is nearly nonexistent - both are among the best in the game at all three categories.  I think they're very equal in those categories.

As far as 'clutch' goes, I find it hard to believe that any Celtics fan would question LeBron's 'clutch' ability after what happened in the second round.

I think you're reaching
Durability has nothing to do with how good a basketball player you are. If thats the case, then Karl Malone is better than Bird. Wade is a better defender in the passing lanes as well as one on one. His defense on Ray Allen was underrated
And for Lebron shutting down Derrick Rose, which player has he shut down that was his size?

I don't know how you can say Lebron is more clutch. Those impressive shots against the Celtics were just little blip on his career.
While Wade has shown clutch-ness his entire career. From his game winning shot against the Hornets in the playoffs as a rookie, to his Game 3 performance in this Finals

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 08:55:59 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
He isnt better!! Ill take D Wade first every time.
He is the toughest guard in the league. To strong for any quick guards to play against and to quick for any strong guards and I dont think there are any stronger guards out there. D Wade is the best player in this league and he has been for a few years now!

Thanks you! Exactly, totally agree

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 09:16:52 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
The media is only helping the OPs argument and always has been, but I believe Lebron is the better player and better team player. Wade's teams was pretty average before this year, while Lebron's teams were consistently top ranked in the conference/league - and this is with pretty even overall team talent.

I like Wade and think he is probably a top 5 player in the league, but Lebron is pretty amazing. Most people seem to hate the guy, but I think it is mostly just jealousy because of how good he actually is.

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 09:26:00 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
The media is only helping the OPs argument and always has been, but I believe Lebron is the better player and better team player. Wade's teams was pretty average before this year, while Lebron's teams were consistently top ranked in the conference/league - and this is with pretty even overall team talent.

I like Wade and think he is probably a top 5 player in the league, but Lebron is pretty amazing. Most people seem to hate the guy, but I think it is mostly just jealousy because of how good he actually is.

I don't get it, is Lebron better because of basketball highlights on ESPN?
Wade is the better basketball player and is more clutch

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 09:26:39 PM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
LBJ is a better team player and is always a triple double threat.  Wade can only take over a game by taking all the shots.  Also I don't agree that Wade is a more consistent shooter; not saying LBJ is better, but Wade certainly has his fair share of off nights.  

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 09:29:05 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

I just don't see where the stats or the "eye" test(just watching them) is behind you in this argument. Lebron is the best player on the planet and has been by a decent margin and has been for at least three or four years.

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2011, 09:29:07 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Marc Gasol better than Dwight Howard.

Wade better than LeBron.

What's next? Danny Granger better than Kobe?
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2011, 09:31:11 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell

I just don't see where the stats or the "eye" test(just watching them) is behind you in this argument. Lebron is the best player on the planet and has been by a decent margin and has been for at least three or four years.

Yeah, cliche stuff like best player on the planet
But whyyyyy?

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2011, 09:41:02 PM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
But whyyyyy?

Career averages of 27 points, 7 boards, 7 dimes, 1.7 steals, 0.8 blocks, 48% FG, 33% 3FG, 9 FTA, 75% FT.  How many players can match that?  I bet Lebron's career team winning percentage is one of the highest for active players.  And his CLE teams were considered deep.

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2011, 09:49:06 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

But whyyyyy?
Do I really need explain?

Lebron 2-time NBA MVP
Wade No MVPs

Lebron 3-time 1st team All-Defense
Wade 3-time 2nd team All-Defense

Lebron 5-time 1st team All-NBA
Wade 3-time 1st team All-NBA

Lebron career 3PT% .329
Wade career 3PT% .292

Lebron career REB% .103 and career RPG of 7.1
Wade career REB% of .080 and career RPG of 5.1

Lebron career AST% of .342 and career APG of 7.0
Wade career AST% .333 and career APG of 6.3

Lebron career PPG of 27.7
Wade career PPG of 25.4

Stats and awards say Lebron is a better scorer, passer, rebounder, and defender than Wade and the most valuable and best player in the league 2 of the past 3 years  and my observations say the same thing.