Author Topic: Trade Idea: Rondo for Rubio, #2, and filler  (Read 15297 times)

Re: Trade Idea: Rondo for Rubio, #2, and filler
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2011, 06:12:59 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
It's very important that we trade away our best player.

This thread is not about trading Pierce.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2011, 07:40:12 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

It's also not about 2007 or 2009.

« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2011, 08:47:34 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Just when I thought I had seen it all, I log on, read this, and my day is completely ruined...

« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2011, 06:32:43 PM »

Offline Big Joe Slow

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
I like this trade overall. Wolves would not do it, but they would if we sweetend it with like our first rd 25 etc. Rondo is not high paid and would be worth it to them. He is a sure thing while Rubio a mystery here. Rubio will be good. How good tuff to say..but Williams could help us. I think we would be better with Kanter though. He would plug the middle well.

« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2011, 07:06:27 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
I like this trade overall. Wolves would not do it, but they would if we sweetend it with like our first rd 25 etc. Rondo is not high paid and would be worth it to them. He is a sure thing while Rubio a mystery here. Rubio will be good. How good tuff to say..but Williams could help us. I think we would be better with Kanter though. He would plug the middle well.

If you go through with this trade, make sure any future firsts you throw in are lottery protected.

« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2011, 09:10:01 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Rondo is to good and to young to trade away for two rolls of the die at this point. 

« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2011, 10:24:59 PM »

Offline Big Joe Slow

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
I watched Rubio play for Spain at like 18 years old against team usa and he was impressive. Quick, gutsy, and a gifted passer. Good shooter too! His defense would be my worry.

« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2011, 11:18:10 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
I watched Rubio play for Spain at like 18 years old against team usa and he was impressive. Quick, gutsy, and a gifted passer. Good shooter too! His defense would be my worry.

I can remember Carlos Arroyo looking very impressive against team usa. I guess Rubio should be at least *that* good.

« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2011, 11:51:33 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Well, this trade would at least make us a lot worse moving forward.  We'd be sure that the #2 pick is not the last high pick we'd be getting in the next few years.

(being kind of facetious -- I don't think this is a good trade)
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2011, 12:24:48 PM »

Offline Overrated

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 218
Of all the Rondo trade ideas here, this is the silliest one in my opinion. It doesn't make sense to give up a great, young point guard in Rondo for an unproven, young point guard in Rubio. I know he's hyped up and I can't wait to see him play, but he hasn't done anything yet.

Then what do you take with the #2 pick? Another guard wouldn't make sense, and the big man situation isn't exactly a hot bed of talent. Maybe Derrick Williams, but Rondo's still worth more than Rubio and Williams to me.

« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2011, 12:46:46 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
Of all the Rondo trade ideas here, this is the silliest one in my opinion. It doesn't make sense to give up a great, young point guard in Rondo for an unproven, young point guard in Rubio. I know he's hyped up and I can't wait to see him play, but he hasn't done anything yet.

Then what do you take with the #2 pick? Another guard wouldn't make sense, and the big man situation isn't exactly a hot bed of talent. Maybe Derrick Williams, but Rondo's still worth more than Rubio and Williams to me.

You don't think potentially bringing Rubio, Green, and Williams off the bench significantly improves your team? Throw some MLE money at Dalembert or Gray and hope to get lucky.

This is your starting lineup: West, Allen, Pierce, Garnett, and Gray. This is your bench: Rubio, Bradley, Green, Williams, and O'Neal. This is an improved, more athletic, and more versatile team than last year.

« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2011, 12:50:42 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

TP for a mind read. If Rondo is truly our "best player" - which no player with his offensive limitations seriously is - then this franchise is in big trouble. I'd hope Danny is making and fielding calls about Rondo, but this is not a deal that interests me.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2011, 01:02:27 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

You don't think potentially bringing Rubio, Green, and Williams off the bench significantly improves your team? Throw some MLE money at Dalembert or Gray and hope to get lucky.

This is your starting lineup: West, Allen, Pierce, Garnett, and Gray. This is your bench: Rubio, Bradley, Green, Williams, and O'Neal. This is an improved, more athletic, and more versatile team than last year.

The only improvement this team makes over last years team is getting younger. Other than that... This team looks terrible... West running the point with the big three? They would never get the ball. Has Gray even started anywhere before? You want him to start on this team? Rubio, Bradley, and Williams providing us with a significantly improved bench? I don't think Rubio, Bradley, and Williams could make a .500 team in the D league. Absurd.

« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2011, 01:07:01 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228

The only improvement this team makes over last years team is getting younger. Other than that... This team looks terrible... West running the point with the big three? They would never get the ball. Has Gray even started anywhere before? You want him to start on this team? Rubio, Bradley, and Williams providing us with a significantly improved bench? I don't think Rubio, Bradley, and Williams could make a .500 team in the D league. Absurd.

You don't think Rubio (the best European player), Bradley (someone who has already dominated the D-League defensively), and Williams (The consensus best college basketball player) could be a .500 team? Hyperbole much?

And to add, West often looked better playing with the Big Three than Rondo did.

« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2011, 01:08:57 PM »

Offline Marcus13

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 119
Oh no.

Nope.  Dont like this one at all