Author Topic: Does the Bruins Success Bother Anyone Else?  (Read 38203 times)

Re: Does the Bruins Success Bother Anyone Else?
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2011, 08:54:26 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I love the B's and C's equally.

Mainly, I equally love my team from each of the four North American sports.  You guys just probablly wouldn't want to know who I root for in football and baseball (well I doubt many of you hate the Braves).

« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2011, 08:56:54 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25635
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
There are some Celts fans who hate the Bruins, and are jealous of their success.  There are some Bruins fans who hate the Celts, and were jealous of their success.

Overall, though, I think there's a ton of crossover between the two fan bases, and there's no reason for a rivalry.  There's plenty of room for both of them.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: So Are The Celitcs Now 4th Most Popular In Boston?
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2011, 08:58:38 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
Today they are, but I don't really consider the B's or the Celtics to be #4.  The Red Sox will always be #1.  This is a baseball town and that's how it always is going to be.  The Patriots are #2.  The Bruins and Celtics are pretty even in terms of popularity I think, so it's more 3A and 3B for them.  Now if the Celtics do go into rebuilding mode, and the Bruins continue to be successful then that may change.
do it

« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2011, 09:05:17 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Today they are, but I don't really consider the B's or the Celtics to be #4.  The Red Sox will always be #1.  This is a baseball town and that's how it always is going to be.  The Patriots are #2.  The Bruins and Celtics are pretty even in terms of popularity I think, so it's more 3A and 3B for them.  Now if the Celtics do go into rebuilding mode, and the Bruins continue to be successful then that may change.

I would have to agree with the Sox being #1. The Pats being #2 is a relatively new devlopement (mostly due to their succes and overall popularity of the NFL).  I am not a Sox or Pats fan, but I don't nessecarily dislike them either.  My point is, most of my friends are, in fact, fans of all 4 teams, and, prioir to the Pats recent succes, they never talked about them.  The Sox, on the other hand, have always ruled this town.

« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2011, 09:11:12 AM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
Must really be bothering you now gpop!  Go Bruins Go C's Go Sox Go Pats there is room to love them all!!
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2011, 09:12:34 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
Since the B's won the cup, are the Celtics now less popular than the Bruins?
Is the NHL bigger than the NBA, hockey bigger than hoops, and have B's surpassed the C's in town for popularity?

This is why I would think C's fans would be upset, you know people like Jack Edwards would LOVE to stick it to the C's that they are bigger currently.
Sounds like Michael Felger or one of his disciples?

« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2011, 09:13:38 AM »

Offline Potapenko Boxout

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
not a Bruins fan, but congrats to them. showed what a team of hard working players can do.

« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2011, 09:26:14 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Honestly, I am not a huge hockey fan, but strangely found myself living vicariously through the Bruins (despite being a Rangers fan) once the C's got eliminated. Overall, I'd say I watched more of the Stanley Cup Finals than the NBA Finals.

I won't say I am a full-fledged hockey fan now, but I will definitely be watching more hockey next season. I love going to the games, but I have very little knowledge of the players other than the megastars and players who have been playing since the '90's.

I expected a banner to be raised in the TD Garden in the fall, unfortunately it's not a green one, though.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2011, 10:51:29 AM »

Offline WBrownTrophy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Thanks Red
I love the B's and C's equally.

Mainly, I equally love my team from each of the four North American sports.  You guys just probably wouldn't want to know who I root for in football and baseball (well I doubt many of you hate the Braves).

Who do you root for in football?

I am not a Bruins fan at all, and the Celts and Pats are 1a and 1b for my favorite teams...but you still have to admire how the bruins won...a true blue collar team that had to fight and scrap for everything they got.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."
                                   -Red Auerbach

« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2011, 04:22:27 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570
No, it doesn't bother me at all. As a matter of fact I freely admit that I jumped on the bandwagon. I never really followed the Bruins or hockey for that matter, but after the Celtics got knocked out I started watching it. At first maybe the last period if it was a close game, than I started liking it. Next thing I know i was watching the whole game and got to the point where I went out to watch game 7 last night.
Now I don't know that I'll start watching regular season next year, but playoff Hockey is pretty exciting. At any time something can happen, a goal, big save, etc. All in all, it beat watching the Heat.

« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2011, 05:43:31 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Not a huge hockey fan but always root for the B's. Would never wish them to do bad at all.

And I am so happy for some of my friends who are die hard Bruins fans. They had a tough run of late and it must feel good. I'm sure it was pretty similar to the Celts winning in 08 for me

« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2011, 05:58:53 PM »

Online JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
I always figured most from around here like myself are a fan of all 4 major sport teams. Definitely a pro sports city.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2011, 06:07:20 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I just saw the Bruins along with the Stanley Cup at Tia's in Boston.

« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2011, 11:44:40 PM »

Offline mucker

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 0
So...

1) All things equal
-Are the Celtics more popular than the Bruins?
-Is the NBA more popular than the NHL in Boston?
-Is hoops or pucks bigger in Boston?

2) As of the start of this past season

3)  As of now

4) As of the foreseeable future...

« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2011, 11:45:09 PM »

Offline mucker

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 0
I just get the sense from Felger and Edwards that B's fans HATE the Celtics