Author Topic: Lebron Calls Reporters Question Retarded  (Read 22471 times)

Re: Lebron Calls Reporters Question Retarded
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2011, 11:46:20 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I admit it's one of the words I think of every time I see Lebron, even though I know that's pretty mean and innaccurate of special people. Special people don't think the world revolves around them and don't try to take the easy way out.

The new insult should be "That's Lebron"

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2011, 11:50:04 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I just cant stand this guy. You would never hear MJ or someone say that about a questoin. He just aggravates me so much.. I really cant wait to bounce this sorry sod once again.

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2011, 12:06:38 PM »

Offline Raising 18

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 26
does anybody know who the reporter is? she should have her press pass revoked for the IDIOTIC questions she asked.. Lebron is a jerk (we knew this).. that reporter has no business covering an NBA game.. NONE!! wish i knew who she was... go back and watch spolestra's news conference, her question is cringe worthy... she needs to go away

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2011, 12:16:14 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
does anybody know who the reporter is? she should have her press pass revoked for the IDIOTIC questions she asked.. Lebron is a jerk (we knew this).. that reporter has no business covering an NBA game.. NONE!! wish i knew who she was... go back and watch spolestra's news conference, her question is cringe worthy... she needs to go away

It's a fair question, and I have heard much worse questions throughout the years and never seen a "star," player conduct themselves in such a manner.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2011, 12:18:27 PM »

Offline Raising 18

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 26

It's a fair question, and I have heard much worse questions throughout the years and never seen a "star," player conduct themselves in such a manner.

go back and listen to the question she asked spolestra.. she asked a 5 minute question and wouldnt let him answer it... and the way she asked the question to wade and james was in a rambling matter that didnt make much sense

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2011, 12:20:08 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

go back and listen to the question she asked spolestra.. she asked a 5 minute question and wouldnt let him answer it... and the way she asked the question to wade and james was in a rambling matter that didnt make much sense

I find listening to spoelstra to be alot worse than listening to her.  He isn't exactly the polished public speaker himself.  Go back and listen to his rope-a-dope speech.  One of the more embarrassing moments that "Tnt's Mic'd up" has ever captured
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2011, 12:22:12 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703

I watched it 3 times and there is nothing wrong with how she asked the question, it was a fair, well worded question, and lebron responded like a classless jerk

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2011, 12:45:39 PM »

Offline The4Time2Doctor0

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 18
not a big deal, bryant shouldn't have been punished, and neither should james. what does she want wade to say? " yeah i'm dirty, i wish i broke his back instead of his arm." dumb question from someone who should not be there to ask the question in the first place. the question that should be asked is, "aren't you two embarrassed that a nobody like Anthony is only the reason this game was even close."

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2011, 12:46:30 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
I'm curious who the reporter was and how long she's been covering the NBA to ask that kind of a stupid question.

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2011, 12:51:42 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
It wasn't even really a question, it was almost more of an insinuation that his play was dirty.  So if anybody calls that a terrible question, I agree.  I can understand that he'd (wade) be p---ed at that question, but lebron should let wade handle that.  That was foolish for him to mutter that. 
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2011, 12:52:32 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
CBSsports.com slams Lebron over the remark: http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/29151749

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2011, 02:17:11 PM »

Offline zimbo

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 34
No, it was not a stupid statement/question. She was just giving him a dose of reality by asking what does he think about people thinking his is a "dirty player." Many people assumed he was after the behavior he displayed. He needed to clear up that perception folks may have of him. He handled it immaturely as did his teammate.

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2011, 02:21:42 PM »

Offline outcry

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 133
I hate Lebron, but I got to be honest and say I laughed pretty hard after hearing that. It was a terrible question.
2011 PAPOUG CHAMPION

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2011, 02:45:03 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I hate Lebron, but I got to be honest and say I laughed pretty hard after hearing that. It was a terrible question.

How was it a terrible question? he's getting that rep around the league. If you want to say he plays "with a chip on his shoulder" or "close to the line" and not dirty, fine, that's a different discussion, but lets not pretend there isn't a perception that he does everything he can to make sure his opponents pay the price for guarding him physically every night.

and secondly, it wasn't a stupid question because she got exactly what she wanted. She phrased it in a very confrontational way, basically saying "people say your a dirty player, does that tick you off?" looking for a reaction and she got a great immature sound byte out of both of them that's being replayed countless times. That's her job.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2011, 02:46:46 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
I have literally no problem with that. He's still an arrogant prick, though.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.