Author Topic: Heat (2-0) at Celtics (0-2) Round 2 Game 3 5/7  (Read 134540 times)

Re: Heat (2-0) at Celtics (0-2) Round 2 Game 3 5/7
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2011, 04:56:07 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Yuck, that is one horrible officiating draw. I guess that Stern is rather upset that one of his teams the Lakers are struggling right now. So he wants to make sure his other team Miami Heat makes it.

This could be a rematch of the Mavs vs Heat Finals in Antione Walkers only title season (and Shaq's last NBA championship too come to think of it).

This game has historical significance to me..... I am putting the maximum preperation I can (you know, the lucky charms and what not).... I hope that you fellow bloggers are doing your comfortable routine and Lets Git R Done and not go quitely in the night.

Larry Bird never let his teams lose in this situation. It will be up to Paul Pierce and Rondo to follow the traditions of Bill Russell, John Havlicek, Bob Cousy, Dave Cowens, and of course Larry Bird.

OK Back to work, this is my last appearence with the blog until Celtics Stuff Live at the end of the game.

I'm feeling churlish: if the C's don't advance, a pox on the House of Stern--and may they have a Memphis/Atlanta finals!

« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2011, 06:42:41 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591
People are focused on Shaq making the difference, but Rondo will win or lose the next two games for us imo
Agreed -- Rondo is the engine to this Celtics team especially against this Miami squad.

It's on his shoulders.

Shaq helps Rondo out. Big difference in Rondo's performance when shaq played the first half of the season as opposed to when he sat.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2011, 06:46:58 PM »

Offline jimmywolfrey

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
People are focused on Shaq making the difference, but Rondo will win or lose the next two games for us imo
Agreed -- Rondo is the engine to this Celtics team especially against this Miami squad.

It's on his shoulders.

Shaq helps Rondo out. Big difference in Rondo's performance when shaq played the first half of the season as opposed to when he sat.

def. agree with this... a guy that he can just feed for easy dunks... because the defense is too busy guarding ray,paul and kg.

Think about it... we had Nenad and Big Baby as our centers for alot of the season... no easy points..even they were open underneath it still would take them SOME effort to dunk the ball when someone is even remotely close...same with ray, paul and anyone else on our team.  KG i guess would be okay with easy dunks.

« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2011, 06:56:22 PM »

Offline jimmywolfrey

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
saw this in another forum...

:o

« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2011, 07:02:10 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
A little off topic, but Perk has 11 boards in the 3rd as the Thunder are pulling away from the Griz.

« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2011, 07:17:23 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
"Shaq will play tonight, according to Doc Rivers"

"Doc: "Shaq is a go. With him it will be the eye test and whatever you think he can give you...he looked good this AM.""

"Rivers gave no indication of minutes. "Whatever he can handle.""

« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2011, 07:19:33 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
"Shaq will play tonight, according to Doc Rivers"

"Doc: "Shaq is a go. With him it will be the eye test and whatever you think he can give you...he looked good this AM.""

"Rivers gave no indication of minutes. "Whatever he can handle.""

It's the playoffs, and we're in an 0-2 hole, so there is nothing to conserve him for. Whatever he can handle sounds good to me. I'm sure the refs will keep Doc from playing Shaq too many minutes though.

« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2011, 07:38:58 PM »

Offline lovely_20

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
  • Jesus Saves
saw this in another forum...

:o

Omg...rofl.  ;)
"Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin' back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?""

Jesus Shuttlesworth, "He Got Game"

« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2011, 07:51:14 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
A little off topic, but Perk has 11 boards in the 3rd as the Thunder are pulling away from the Griz.

Looks like the Griz pulled them back.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2011, 07:51:33 PM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

It's on his shoulders.

def. agree with this... a guy that he can just feed for easy dunks... because the defense is too busy guarding ray,paul and kg.

Think about it... we had Nenad and Big Baby as our centers for alot of the season... no easy points..even they were open underneath it still would take them SOME effort to dunk the ball when someone is even remotely close...same with ray, paul and anyone else on our team.  KG i guess would be okay with easy dunks.
If that's true, then it should be relatively easy for Shaq to make an impact.   :D

« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2011, 07:53:42 PM »

Offline Tenacious D

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 232
What will it be?

"we few, this Band of Brothers" {Henry V. Before big win @Agincourt)

or

"Benteen. Big camp. Bring packs, ps bring packs" {Custer. last message)
"Celtics Bring Structure And Discipline To A Chaotic World"

« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2011, 07:58:59 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Shaq looks good in warmups, dunks and layups, and no injury yet ;D

« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2011, 08:08:44 PM »

Kiorrik

LET'S GO CELTICS!!!

Man, this better be as good as the Griz game.

... no wait: BETTER.

« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2011, 08:09:35 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Let's Go Celtics!!!!! It's game time!!!

« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2011, 08:10:46 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
I want this series to go back to MIA 2-2...please make it happen.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi