Author Topic: Computer help...?  (Read 2606 times)

Computer help...?
« on: May 05, 2011, 08:43:44 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
So I got this new used Toshiba laptop a couple weeks ago. It has over 200GB on it, but here is my problem: This space is divided up into "local disk C," which has 93.1GB, and "local disk D," which has 111GB. "Local disk D" is completely empty, but I don't know how to store stuff on it. I'm running out of space on "Local Disk C" and there is tons of space left that I don't know how to use...Ahhh!!

The computer has Windows Vista on it. I'm not great at computers, so if anyone has any suggestions try and simplify it down...

Re: Computer help...?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 08:51:08 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Well, if you were to install new programs you could run and install it from the other drive. Whe you save your files (pictures, documents, ****, etc) save it on drive d.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 08:52:16 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
In "My Computer", it should say "C:" and "D:", correct?  Just drag things you want to move onto the "D:" drive.  That will copy them there; then just delete the original from the C drive.

There's probably any easier way -- I'm not much of a computer guy myself -- but that should work fairly easily.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 10:04:42 PM »

Offline lJesterl

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 35
If it is vista or win 7 you can go to the control panel, adminstrative tools, computer management and go to disk mangement. This will allow you to shink, expand or combine your C and D partitions. If you need help with it just hit me on up AIM LJesterL

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 08:22:42 AM »

Offline Yusuf Mohammed

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 0
you can make new partition from the space that you don't want