Author Topic: Celtics (0-1) at Heat (1-0) 5/3 Round 2 Game 2  (Read 120765 times)

Re: Celtics (0-1) at Heat (1-0) 5/3 Round 2 Game 2
« Reply #780 on: May 03, 2011, 09:42:25 PM »

Offline GrandTheftRondo

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
People still expect Shaq to play huh? LOL....

« Reply #781 on: May 03, 2011, 09:42:49 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
Keys to Game 3

1. Change our defense: we MUST block out their rebounders (including Wade and Lebron). A high scholl team would do that better than the Celtics did in this game. Furthermore, KG needs to be more vocal.
2. Hard fouls: if Wade and Lebron want to fly over us, no problem, but we must make them pay!
3. NO KRISTIC PLEASE: I am 5-11 and pretty sure would defend better than him. We really NEED Shaq back.

Obviously finding a way to keep Ray going and Rondo making some shots would not hurt too...

doesnt matter what boston does. the heat are just better

Agreed...people need to just start accepting it.  I know its hard but it'll make life so much easier if you just admit to yourself that the window has now closed on this team to win a championship and rebuilding needs to start.

Don't start talking about Shaq.  At this point, he won't play more then 10 minutes IF he plays in game 3 and we all know he's going to be super out of shape so really, he'll be useless on the floor.

The heat at the end of the day are just a better team, their confidence is through the roof and they just have this swagger right now that is screaming that they KNOW they're going to win this series.  And they're right.

« Reply #782 on: May 03, 2011, 09:43:02 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
I'm off to kill some ghouls and find Lincoln's repeater. ;D
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #783 on: May 03, 2011, 09:43:16 PM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 126
  • Another undersized Celtic...
Next game is Saturday. Rest up, lick the wounds and come out hungry. Being down 2 games isn't ideal, but we gotta keep playing. If the Red Sox stopped playing after being down 3-0 to the Yanks, we'd still be talking about the curse. Keep the faith guys, its a 7 game series, not 3.

« Reply #784 on: May 03, 2011, 09:44:22 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
heat defense is much much better than i expected.

I agree.  I also think part of the problem is that our guys are still not respecting it.  I mean, they aren't taking it to the hole with authority -- floaters, alley-oops, deflections and blocked shots.  Gotta go stronger, gotta understand the Miami strengths and athleticism.  They start to respect the Miami D and I think we'd see better shooting. 

« Reply #785 on: May 03, 2011, 09:44:54 PM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 120
7:10 left we have just erased a five point deficit to tie the game up at 80. We have Garnett,Baby,Green,Pierce and Delonte West on the floor and have just stopped them twice on defensive.

He brings in Ray Allen and Rondo and the Heat go on a 8-0 run to make it 88-80.

When we have a good rhythm you dont interrupt it to go back to the regular rotations. You let it go and maybe we go up on them then if things start to slip then you sub in to make a adjustment for a mismatch or fatigue. Doc Rivers worst in game substitution coach in the playoffs hands down.

I agree Baby cannot cover Bosh and it was evident since the first quarter dont let it go all game my gosh. Play Jermaine and Green

WAKE UP DOC.

« Reply #786 on: May 03, 2011, 09:45:29 PM »

Offline CaliCeltics

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • Splaaaaash
I want Serge I-Block-a. He's great.
Heroes Get Remembered, Legends Never Die.

« Reply #787 on: May 03, 2011, 09:45:45 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I hate going there but this all goes back to the trade ever since that happened this team went down the shet hole
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #788 on: May 03, 2011, 09:45:56 PM »

Offline GrandTheftRondo

• Don Chaney
Its still possible we win the series....we take both at home, come back to Miami and they take game 5, go back to Boston for a game 6 win then back to Miami for a hard fought game 7....difficult? Yes. Impossible? No. But if the team from Games 1 and 2 show up there is absolutely NO chance.

I'm about 60% optimistic at this point.

« Reply #789 on: May 03, 2011, 09:45:57 PM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
7:10 left we have just erased a five point deficit to tie the game up at 80. We have Garnett,Baby,Green,Pierce and Delonte West on the floor and have just stopped them twice on defensive.

He brings in Ray Allen and Rondo and the Heat go on a 8-0 run to make it 88-80.

When we have a good rhythm you dont interrupt it to go back to the regular rotations. You let it go and maybe we go up on them then if things start to slip then you sub in to make a adjustment for a mismatch or fatigue. Doc Rivers worst in game substitution coach in the playoffs hands down.

I agree Baby cannot cover Bosh and it was evident since the first quarter dont let it go all game my gosh. Play Jermaine and Green

WAKE UP DOC.
I agree! I don't mind going small, just don't go FAT!

« Reply #790 on: May 03, 2011, 09:46:44 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
sixers matched up better with miami than boston...younger and athletic...that is why the bulls and lakers will not beat them

« Reply #791 on: May 03, 2011, 09:46:51 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Ugh. Tough one to swallow. What makes it harder is that everytime we made a comeback and looked ready to take control of the game we coughed the ball away stupidly and the 1 point deficit or tied game always turned into a big Heat run. They appeared in control in two consecutive games now, answering all our comebacks in impressive manner.

Getting Ray only 7 shots is unacceptable, KG was great in the 3rd but awful all along, he has to stay consistent and in the post, Pierce was bad too (his foot didn't help but the results are all that matter). The bench came through though and if not for them we would have never been in this one. Kudos to Delonte and Green, and semi-kudos for Baby (too many blown layups and poor choices).

Now... First time in the Big Three era we're down 2-0. Obviously I'm less optimistic than before but we have to defend homecourt and go on from there. Suddenly Shaq's return as a "bonus" turns out to be critical. So I just hope he will really play in game 3, his mere presence could change the momentum swings in our favor for once and make a difference in close situations.

Things are looking bad but we can still do it, until the Heat hasn't won in Boston we're OK. Keep faith!

« Reply #792 on: May 03, 2011, 09:46:58 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Have to win 4 out of the next five games to advance to the next round....not impossible...but very very difficult. :(
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #793 on: May 03, 2011, 09:47:18 PM »

Offline GrandTheftRondo

• Don Chaney
I want Serge I-Block-a. He's great.

I wonder why we couldn't have gotten him instead of Green...

« Reply #794 on: May 03, 2011, 09:47:30 PM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
I hate going there but this all goes back to the trade ever since that happened this team went down the shet hole
The way Perk is defending Z-BO, I'm sure he could shut down LeBron & Wade, too. ;)