Author Topic: Celtics (0-1) at Heat (1-0) 5/3 Round 2 Game 2  (Read 121093 times)

Re: Celtics (0-1) at Heat (1-0) 5/3 Round 2 Game 2
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2011, 08:42:03 AM »

Offline thebat

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 17
I hate James Jones. He killed Ray and Paul in the 3 point shootout last All Star. He killed us game 1. I hope if there will be anymore killing, it's gonna be by us starting tomorrow!

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2011, 09:10:13 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
I hate James Jones. He killed Ray and Paul in the 3 point shootout last All Star. He killed us game 1. I hope if there will be anymore killing, it's gonna be by us starting tomorrow!

I concur.  This travesty should never had happened, we beat the Heatless had we limited Jones to his average, or even up to 10 points from him and we win.  Hope doc and the coaching staff has learned their lesson. I would rather have Wade and Lebron shooting acrobatic two pointers than a free reign of three's from the 3 point king.

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2011, 09:24:56 AM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
It goes from bad to worse.  The officials for today's game are Joe Crawford, Jason Phillips and Greg Willard. Tom Washington is the alternate.   I'll be posting the full official report in a little bit.

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2011, 09:31:09 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 652
  • MASTER OF PANIC
a few things:

1. Boston gave miami 25 points off turnovers...that needs to be sliced in half..at the least

2.Win the first quarter..win the game. Boston has been slow starters the second half of the season. they play well for 8-9 minutes and then let other teams close out the first quarter on nice runs...

3. I highly doubt Wade scores 38 again or Jones scores 25. If they do..then Boston's defense is dead man walkin

4. joey crawford is reffing tonight  :'(...My biggest fear is the refs controlling the game giving the Heat FTS anytime they drive the ball in the paint.

5. DRIVE the basketball...that means you paul pierce and KG please don't settle for the 18 foot jumper time and time again.

and I do believe this is a must win. Miami is more than capable of winning one in boston.

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2011, 10:10:33 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
2) The Celtics are 10 and 2 since the 1987 Finals when faced with an 0-1 deficit including 6 and 1 on the road.
6) Win Game 2 tonight and take care of 346 at home......

To make the Q's prophecy come true, we must cover those 3 point shootahs like James Jones, Chalmers, and whoever scrub Miami guard Coach Goober Boy throws out there. That is what kicked our arse in Game One and prevented a chance at an ugly victory.

Another problem area was that our Veteran Stars P, G, and A did not get to their spots quickly to have Rajon Rondo pass to them for open J's so that messed up the Ball Movement and caused unneccessary turnovers and easy chances for Miami and Rondo rotated back to take hard fouls on Lebron.....

Fix up these two problem areas and get a draw on the boards and this game is ours. Then TDBanknorth has to deliver Sat, Mon and next Friday.

Better get outta here before Sheriff Joe finds me and my Leprecahn (heheheheeee!!!!)
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2011, 10:22:53 AM »

Offline manbehindtheman

• NCE
  • Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 11

You didn't know, Miami has legit fans now. They actually show up on time and they wear white for support.

lol, Miami had "legit" fans too back in 2006 when they made to finals.

Anyway, Celtics better win, I'm missing my uni classes for tomorrow's game lol
go to your classes man!  it is a double whammy if the c's lose and you miss your classes!

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2011, 11:04:33 AM »

Offline shoyukenn

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 2
First post

You guys remember how earlier in the season, about maybe a month into it, the Miami organization released a video on how to be a fan... ridiculous that they had to do that in the first place

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2011, 11:08:17 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
no Shaq tonight, per Sherrod Blakely's twitter. He arrived with a noticeable limp.

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2011, 11:57:08 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I know I felt great about game 1 too but this time I'm sure the Celtics will come out like we expect them to and hold on to their lead till the end to tie it. They have never been down 2-0 in the new Big Three era and I don't think the trend will be broken tonight (although it's not going to be easy either). Maybe Miami will be overconfident too and rely on their isos.

Anyway, TP FL and go Celtics, can't wait for tipoff! I'm sensing big games from the Captain, the Ticket and Rajon.

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2011, 12:05:42 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 652
  • MASTER OF PANIC
winner of tonight will win the series..if it is boston..they win in 6..if it is miami..they will win it in 5. this is it tonight. 0-2 against the heat might as well be 0-3

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2011, 12:22:47 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Official Report
Joe Crawford
Playoff Games: 6
Home Team win % in playoffs: .667
Fouls called per game: 43.8
Percent of calls on Road Team: 48.3%
Technical fouls called per game: 1.4
Crawford has been officiating games since 1977 and has officiated more play-off games and NBA Finals Games than any other active referee. There is no shortage of controversy surrounding Joey Crawford, the biggest of which was a suspension for tossing Tim Duncan for laughing on the bench and then challenging him to a fight. He is known for his quickness to call technical fouls but also doesn't tend to be influenced by the home crowd as much as many other refs seem to be. In the 2008 Playoffs, Crawford was chosen to officiate Game 4 of the Western Conference final between the San Antonio Spurs and the Los Angeles Lakers. In the closing seconds of the game, there was a no-call where the Spurs' Brent Barry was unquestionably fouled by Derek Fisher. Crawford was the closest official to the call, and the NBA later apologized for the lack of a call but that was too late to reverse the outcome of the game. Crawford was also one of the refs who was involved in the income tax evasion convictions and was suspended at that time as well. And in the Suns 2010 first round against the Blazers, Crawford made what was possibly the worst foul call of all time when he called Marcus Camby for a foul and put Steve Nash on the line. Camby was nowhere near Nash, but that didn't stop Craawford from calling the foul on him. (video evidence below)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaZIAXJJDKQ&feature=player_embedded
Perhaps the most notable example of Crawford's poor officiating was last season's Game 7 between the Celtics and Lakers. With Boston leading going into the 4th quarter, Crawford and his cronies completely changed their style of officiating. For 3 quarters, the game was called loosely and they were letting the players play. Suddenly in the 4th quarter, they began to call it tight and all the questionable calls went to the Lakers with the result being a 21-6 4th quarter free throw disparity. Joey showed his quick technical trigger when he called 7 T's in the OKC/Clippers game, most of which were ridiculous. The Celtics are 4-2 this season, including game 2 against the Knicks when the Celtics shot 16 free throws to 27 for the Knicks, and 5-5 in their last 10 games with Crawford as a referee. The Heat are 3-4 this season, including the game 4 loss to the Sixers in the first round. Crawford is one of the few refs who doesn't appear to be affected by the home crowd with a home W/L record that is fairly even at 38-31. He also is one of the few refs who calls a higher percentage of fouls against the home team. He is quick to call techs so the Celtics must keep their composure.

Jason Phillips
Playoff Games: 5
Home Team win % in playoffs: .800
Fouls called per game: 44.2
Percent of calls on Road Team: 53.4%
Technical fouls called per game: 0.2
Phillips has been in the league for 8 years. He has officiated 380+ regular season games. This is Phillips' second season officiating in the playoffs. Before landing in the NBA he worked for the CBA 6 seasons, the WNBA 3 seasons, 2 years in the Dallas Pro-Am, and 5 seasons in high school level in Texas. The Celtics are 2-2 this season and they are 6-4 over their last 10 games with Phillips as a ref. It was Phillips and crew in the Celtics loss at Houston that got Tommy to swear on the air about the refs falling for all the blank blank flops. In the loss at Atlanta, he ignored a charge directly in front of him that would have given the C's the ball with 10 seconds remaining. In that game Atlanta took 10 more free throws than the Celtics. He was on the crew that officiated game 1 of the Knicks series. The Heat are 2-3 this season and 7-3 with Phillips over their last 10. He is pretty much a homer ref, calling a higher percentage of the fouls on the road team and with a homer W/L record of 45/28.

Greg Willard
Playoff Games: 3 as lead official, 2 as crew
Home Team win % in playoffs: .667 as lead official, .000 as crew
Fouls called per game: 41.3 as lead, 41.5 as crew
Percent of calls on Road Team: 46.8% as lead, 49.4 as crew
Technical fouls called per game: 1.0 as lead, .5 as crew
Willard has officiated over 1,100+ regular season games and 75+ play-off games. Willard also officiated the 1992 Japanese Opening Games in Yokohama. Before working for the NBA he accumulated 4 years of CBA officiating experience, 7 years in college level and 22 years in high school level in California. He called a technical on Yao Ming in a game in 2007 for saying "ahhhh" after a dunk. He is known for being wildly inconsistent in calling charges/blocks. Willard was also on duty in what Bill Simmons called the most atrociously officiated game of the 2007 playoffs. Of course, much of that could have been Donaghy who was betting on the game and Rush who is completely incompetent. Here is Simmons' description of that "atrociously" called game:

Congratulations to Greg Willard, Tim Donaghy and Eddie F. Rush for giving us the most atrociously officiated game of the playoffs so far: Game 3 of the Suns-Spurs series. Bennett Salvatore, Tom Washington and Violet Palmer must have been outraged that they weren't involved in this mess. Good golly. Most of the calls favored the Spurs, but I don't even think the refs were biased -- they were so incompetent that there was no rhyme or reason to anything that was happening.

Willard has only officiated 2 games for the Celtics this season and that was a home win against Atlanta where the Celtics shot 11 free throws to 24 for Atlanta and a home win over Detroit in which the free throws were even at 17 and they let them play throughout the game. The Celtics are 8-2 in their last 10 games with Willard. The Heat are 6-1 this season and 9-1 in their last 10 games with Willard The only loss was against the Thunder in which the Heat shot 8 more free throws than OKC. He is a homer ref with a home W/L record of 46-22.

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2011, 03:14:06 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Lets Go Celtics!!!!

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2011, 03:29:58 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Official Report
Joe Crawford
Playoff Games: 6
Home Team win % in playoffs: .667
Fouls called per game: 43.8
Percent of calls on Road Team: 48.3%
Technical fouls called per game: 1.4
Crawford has been officiating games since 1977 and has officiated more play-off games and NBA Finals Games than any other active referee. There is no shortage of controversy surrounding Joey Crawford, the biggest of which was a suspension for tossing Tim Duncan for laughing on the bench and then challenging him to a fight. He is known for his quickness to call technical fouls but also doesn't tend to be influenced by the home crowd as much as many other refs seem to be.... Crawford was also one of the refs who was involved in the income tax evasion convictions and was suspended at that time as well.....Perhaps the most notable example of Crawford's poor officiating was last season's Game 7 between the Celtics and Lakers. With Boston leading going into the 4th quarter, Crawford and his cronies completely changed their style of officiating. For 3 quarters, the game was called loosely and they were letting the players play. Suddenly in the 4th quarter, they began to call it tight and all the questionable calls went to the Lakers with the result being a 21-6 4th quarter free throw disparity. ...... The Celtics are 4-2 this season, including game 2 against the Knicks when the Celtics shot 16 free throws to 27 for the Knicks, and 5-5 in their last 10 games with Crawford as a referee. The Heat are 3-4 this season, including the game 4 loss to the Sixers in the first round. Crawford is one of the few refs who doesn't appear to be affected by the home crowd with a home W/L record that is fairly even at 38-31. He also is one of the few refs who calls a higher percentage of fouls against the home team. He is quick to call techs so the Celtics must keep their composure.

Jason Phillips
Playoff Games: 5
Home Team win % in playoffs: .800
Fouls called per game: 44.2
Percent of calls on Road Team: 53.4%
Technical fouls called per game: 0.2
Phillips has been in the league for 8 years. He has officiated 380+ regular season games. This is Phillips' second season officiating in the playoffs. Before landing in the NBA he worked for the CBA 6 seasons, the WNBA 3 seasons, 2 years in the Dallas Pro-Am, and 5 seasons in high school level in Texas. The Celtics are 2-2 this season and they are 6-4 over their last 10 games with Phillips as a ref. It was Phillips and crew in the Celtics loss at Houston that got Tommy to swear on the air about the refs falling for all the blank blank flops. In the loss at Atlanta, he ignored a charge directly in front of him that would have given the C's the ball with 10 seconds remaining. In that game Atlanta took 10 more free throws than the Celtics. He was on the crew that officiated game 1 of the Knicks series. The Heat are 2-3 this season and 7-3 with Phillips over their last 10. He is pretty much a homer ref, calling a higher percentage of the fouls on the road team and with a homer W/L record of 45/28.

Greg Willard
Playoff Games: 3 as lead official, 2 as crew
Home Team win % in playoffs: .667 as lead official, .000 as crew
Fouls called per game: 41.3 as lead, 41.5 as crew
Percent of calls on Road Team: 46.8% as lead, 49.4 as crew
Technical fouls called per game: 1.0 as lead, .5 as crew
Willard has officiated over 1,100+ regular season games and 75+ play-off games. Willard also officiated the 1992 Japanese Opening Games in Yokohama. Before working for the NBA he accumulated 4 years of CBA officiating experience, 7 years in college level and 22 years in high school level in California. He called a technical on Yao Ming in a game in 2007 for saying "ahhhh" after a dunk. He is known for being wildly inconsistent in calling charges/blocks. Willard was also on duty in what Bill Simmons called the most atrociously officiated game of the 2007 playoffs. Of course, much of that could have been Donaghy who was betting on the game and Rush who is completely incompetent.
    Willard has only officiated 2 games for the Celtics this season and that was a home win against Atlanta where the Celtics shot 11 free throws to 24 for Atlanta and a home win over Detroit in which the free throws were even at 17 and they let them play throughout the game. The Celtics are 8-2 in their last 10 games with Willard. The Heat are 6-1 this season and 9-1 in their last 10 games with Willard The only loss was against the Thunder in which the Heat shot 8 more free throws than OKC. He is a homer ref with a home W/L record of 46-22.

First of all I had to set your TP count to a x33 number for luck. It sounds like if anything Joey Crawford might be our friend tonight but if anything, it might be to screw us later this series or next. The other two refs might be bad cops but if we take care of the fundamentals like covering their 3 point shooters and to run with Rondo for quick spot ups that I have repeatedly discussed earlier the referees should not bother us at all. I would rather see LeBron Wade and Dwayne James try to drive on us and hit that tree stump who wears #11 for us.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2011, 03:33:51 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
winner of tonight will win the series..if it is boston..they win in 6..if it is miami..they will win it in 5. this is it tonight. 0-2 against the heat might as well be 0-3
Yup I mean they got homecourt, 2 of the best players in the NBA if we go down 2-0 were just basically handing it to them to advance
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2011, 05:24:58 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Go Celtics! The clock has apparently frozen on my computer as it is not moving that fast- I cannot wait to see our team come through in the clutch tonight and bring it back to Boston, tied at 1. Today I am having a wee bit of trouble concentrating on anything that is not green.

Either way, we are winning this series as I have a hunch(a crazy one) that Shaq is coming back for Game 3 and from that point on, we will not lose as the team comes together with consecutive wins(whether it is 3 straight or 4, it does not matter..in the end, we will win!)

Final Score tonight in Overtime, Celtics 103- Heat 99