Author Topic: Refs & Women  (Read 1842 times)

Refs & Women
« on: May 02, 2011, 03:51:07 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 447

Firstly, the management of flagrant fouls in game one by the Referees was one of the worst I have ever seen -

* "Everyone" gets checked coming down the lane in the NBA, sometimes it's a hand check sometimes it's a little shoulder. I watched Carmelo Anthony absolutely level KG on a screen through the lane in the first series such that KG litterally snapped all the way back and had to catch himself with one hand on the floor. Carmelo completely lowered his shoulder and threw himself into KG. Not a whistle, not a foul, nothing...

* Jermaine gives Jones a minor elbow to check him as he came down the lane - that's it. A non call or maybe a foul call is all that should have happened.

* Meanwhile, Jones hammers Pierce above the shoulders on the other end, no flagrant? How is that even possible? And it's Jones on Pierce, who is a hall of fame player...just terrible...

* Do the refs think maybe by the time Pierce got nailed by Wade he was a little hot under the collar? Maybe... possibly? The Refs were horrible and should be fined in this instance for "lack of reasonable management" of a game.

This being said...

Once again, our Celtics came out and played like a bunch of 6 year old girls ( and please, no comments that it's politically incorrect to say chics are weak - I have three sisters, all of whom have knocked me out at one point or another in my life) it's a figurative statement...

* My point is that every time this team loses it's the same story, over and over and over and over again...they insist on just lobbing up hook shots from distance -EVEN WHEN THE SHOTS ARE NOT FALLING!!!!!

* Celtics team note to self "when your jump shots are not falling and you are shooting 25% in Q1 and 36% for the half, turn the game into a fist fight and TAKE-THE-BALL-TO-THE-BASKET!!!!!!!!" Headlong, every time to the rim!!!!! Drive the ball!!!!!! It's basketball 101 and it's just pathetic...I don't know how many times this team has to get punched in the nose with the same thing that causes them to lose before they make a quick adjustment. it's mind boggling to me.

Miami is an athletic, speed oriented defensive team that plays great D on the perimeter and in the passing lanes.

But they are Chics at the rim!!!!!!!!!! LeBron is always one real hit away from curling up in the corner in a fetal position - the same way for Wade.

I don't care if Shaq is here or not -

** We should be absolutely driving the ball down Miami's throat at the rim in this series, and...

** We should be getting really nasty and physical in the paint and on the glass.

We are the bigger, longer team with more beef, but we play like ballerinas half the time and every time we do, it costs us.

We need to play smash mouth basketball at the rim and this is a 5 game, 6 game series, max.

The break down of attack is simple:

1. Pierce and Rondo need to be far more aggressive in their efforts to get into the lane and to the rim - they are our two best slashers.

2. Jermaine, KG and baby need to grow a collective set and start throwing some people around under the basket.

Take the dresses off guys and go get the series.

Attack, Attack, Attack, Attack, Attack....etc...

Did anyone notice that as soon as the game got close in the 4th, Miami started bricking shots? If it weren't for Pierce getting tossed and a couple of real bone headed plays by us, we easily could have won that game from the time it was an 8 point game.

The heat are front runners - smack them in the mouth, take the lead and watch them crumble under the pressure of knowing if they lose game two - they're looking at coming back to Miami down 3-1, or effectively...series over...

Re: Refs & Women
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 04:01:55 PM »

Offline ballin

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105
I agree. Go hard and make refs blow the whistle. And if they don't, well, that's not on us and there's nothing we can do about it except try harder to finish.

The '08 team was great because we DOMINATED in the paint, every game. Rondo especially needs to cut the jump shooting out and attack, as that's literally the only way he's effective.

Re: Refs & Women
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 04:28:16 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25624
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Come on, man.  There's a lot of good stuff in this thread without littering it with stereotypical remarks.  There are a lot of women who read and participate in this blog daily; we don't need all this junk.

As our rules state:

Quote from: CelticsBlog Rules
Disparaging comments, stereotypes, or generalizations made in relation to another’s race, gender, ethnicity, religion or sexual preference are not permitted.

If you want to repost this without the sexist remarks ("chicks", "6 year old girls", "ballerinas", "take the dresses off", "grow a set", etc.), please do so. 

Locked.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes