Author Topic: Randolph not impressed with Perkins  (Read 16444 times)

Re: Randolph not impressed with Perkins
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2011, 07:32:10 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
He at least delivers harder fouls than Mr. Krstic. :D

If anybody delivers a hard foul on the messiah's team you saw the result in the last regular season game we played them and yesterday.  IMHO, Perk would/would have been marginalized in this series.  We're getting called for flagrant fouls for simply holding our ground instead of flopping. 

agreed, this series is about skill and intelligence vs speed and athleticism, none of which Perk is known for

Where we will miss Perk is in the semis and the finals.  He'd be a non-factor in the Miami series.  The way things are being called in the Miami series, Perk would be good for two fouls  per game and he'd be ejected.  Based on the standard of the last regular season game and game 1, any contact by Perk would be a flagrant foul.

which also means that even if Shaq is healthy, he isn't going to help much either in this series

I don't know about that.  Shaq would be a big help, because he can actually create easy offense.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2011, 08:12:21 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
He at least delivers harder fouls than Mr. Krstic. :D

If anybody delivers a hard foul on the messiah's team you saw the result in the last regular season game we played them and yesterday.  IMHO, Perk would/would have been marginalized in this series.  We're getting called for flagrant fouls for simply holding our ground instead of flopping. 

agreed, this series is about skill and intelligence vs speed and athleticism, none of which Perk is known for

Where we will miss Perk is in the semis and the finals.  He'd be a non-factor in the Miami series.  The way things are being called in the Miami series, Perk would be good for two fouls  per game and he'd be ejected.  Based on the standard of the last regular season game and game 1, any contact by Perk would be a flagrant foul.

which also means that even if Shaq is healthy, he isn't going to help much either in this series

I don't know about that.  Shaq would be a big help, because he can actually create easy offense.

I hope so. That's assuming he can stay in the game long enough when Wade and Lebron keep driving into him.

« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2011, 08:25:53 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Z...Thunder-050111

“Perk’s good, but all Perk can do is foul me. That’s the only thing he can do. The best thing about his defense on me is to foul me . . . He can’t stop me. He’s too slow. He’s a big body. He can foul.

“I don’t think nobody in the league can stop me. Not only Perk. I tell Perk to his face. I already told him before.’’

Randolphs right.  Although there isn't many in the league that can stop him at this point.  Perkins is barely getting up and down that court though.

He's 100% right.

Collins in ATL just proved that Perkins was overrated, all you have to do is have balls not necessarily skill. Sack up and focus on defense and your a decent defender... pretty simple stuff.

« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2011, 08:32:56 PM »

Offline 18isGREATERthan72

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 34
Randolph has been underrated for a few seasons now.  Now that he's on good squad, you can see him start to shed that "immature, chucker" identity that he had.  Much like Paul Pierce, actually.

« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2011, 08:37:29 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

“Perk’s good, but all Perk can do is foul me. That’s the only thing he can do. The best thing about his defense on me is to foul me . . . He can’t stop me. He’s too slow. He’s a big body. He can foul.

“I don’t think nobody in the league can stop me. Not only Perk. I tell Perk to his face. I already told him before.’’

Randolphs right.  Although there isn't many in the league that can stop him at this point.  Perkins is barely getting up and down that court though.

He's 100% right.

Collins in ATL just proved that Perkins was overrated, all you have to do is have balls not necessarily skill. Sack up and focus on defense and your a decent defender... pretty simple stuff.

Haha. Want to try and compare Dwight's numbers vs Perk and his numbers vs the Hawks? Yikes.

« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2011, 08:45:54 PM »

Offline Celticsfan336

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 44

He's 100% right.

Haha. Want to try and compare Dwight's numbers vs Perk and his numbers vs the Hawks? Yikes.

Exactly. Celtics beat the Magic by stopping Howard. (ALA PERK) Hawks did the opposite to win the series.

« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2011, 08:51:34 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Z-Bo is out of his mind... great offensive player, but playing beside a huge guy like Marc Gasol, who knows how to shoot the ball, and is a great passer (maybe better than Pau, and that's something), and is strong as Shaq, doesn't hurt his chances.

Marc is the player I'd love to get from the Grizzlies... maybe OJ Mayo at the right price, he's a great offensive player. He's like an in his prime Shaq, only without the out-of-this-world athleticism, but with shooting skills. I just hope the Laker fan that is Chris Wallace won't work against Memphis one more time, giving another great player to "his team".

Perk can't defend Randolph, but Randolph can't defend (hopefully I'm wrong) any of the Laker bigs. If he could, the Grizzlies would be the favorites to get out of the west.

« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2011, 08:57:44 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
He's like an in his prime Shaq, only without the out-of-this-world athleticism, but with shooting skills.

In other words, he's not like Shaq at all. ;)

(Gentle sarcasm aside, I don't see that particular comparison.)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2011, 08:58:07 PM »

Offline dasani

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 32
hmm. I agree with ZBo. Perk's defense is a bit overrated but Zbo is playing out of his mind right now. Don't think many could stop him. Knicks and Clips are probably mad they got rid of him....but he wasn't showing this side of his skill. goes to show you what winning does to a player.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 09:45:52 PM by dasani »

« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2011, 09:10:56 PM »

Offline Celticsfan336

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 44
Randolph has always been a favorite player of mine. Always knew he could score, but I never thought in a million years he would be as cool as ice at the end of games like he has been. Great to see from Zbo, hopefully he gets to be an allstar next year.

« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2011, 09:40:47 PM »

Offline RedsCeltics34

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 45
  • Lets Go Celtics!
Randolph has always been a favorite player of mine. Always knew he could score, but I never thought in a million years he would be as cool as ice at the end of games like he has been. Great to see from Zbo, hopefully he gets to be an allstar next year.

Yup & if he does make it it wouldnt be his 1st time though, he made it last year.

« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2011, 09:50:13 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
He's like an in his prime Shaq, only without the out-of-this-world athleticism, but with shooting skills.

That's like comparing a healthy Brandon Roy to Jordan. Wow.

« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2011, 10:09:34 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell

In other words, he's not like Shaq at all. ;)

(Gentle sarcasm aside, I don't see that particular comparison.)

Ok, did you watch Tim Duncan against Marc Gasol in the first round? I didn't remember Duncan struggling to play his game and being overmatched and outhustled by a 7'1" player. He reminded me of another era, where Centers were really good.

Of course Shaq was an out-of-this-world athlete. But he was a force in the post, and a great passer, and Marc is evolving into that kind of Center. I'm not comparing them like they were the same kind of player, because Shaq is a HOF and Marc is still a long way to be an All-Star.

That said, I think Marc is the perfect complement to an athletic PF who has range. Z-Bo is great but if he was a bit faster, they would be unstoppable in today's NBA.

By the way, comparing him to Shaq may be a reach, but he's way better than Perk, and that's something good to say about him.

« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2011, 10:28:06 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell

That's like comparing a healthy Brandon Roy to Jordan. Wow.

I dislike both of them, so there could be a link between the two ballhoggers. Roy is more like Co-b.

« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2011, 10:30:53 PM »

Offline manbehindtheman

• NCE
  • Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 11

Perk can't defend Randolph, but Randolph can't defend (hopefully I'm wrong) any of the Laker bigs. If he could, the Grizzlies would be the favorites to get out of the west.

I think the length of gasol or bynum would be a big problem for Randolph...I think he can be defended better by the lakers than any other team and he really would have trouble defending gasol.