Author Topic: Randolph not impressed with Perkins  (Read 16442 times)

Randolph not impressed with Perkins
« on: May 02, 2011, 02:30:37 PM »

Offline bbd24

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 118
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Z...Thunder-050111

“Perk’s good, but all Perk can do is foul me. That’s the only thing he can do. The best thing about his defense on me is to foul me . . . He can’t stop me. He’s too slow. He’s a big body. He can foul.

“I don’t think nobody in the league can stop me. Not only Perk. I tell Perk to his face. I already told him before.’’

Randolphs right.  Although there isn't many in the league that can stop him at this point.  Perkins is barely getting up and down that court though.

Re: Randolph not impressed with Perkins
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 02:32:59 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Randolph is a great offensive player. Its not just Perk that can't stop him. Perk brings a swagger an intimidation to the Thunder that they were greatly lacking.

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 02:34:22 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Z-Bo is to offense around the basketball hoop as Vincent Van Gogh is to paint and canvas. It ain't pretty, but it has its own genius.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 02:36:40 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Z...Thunder-050111

“Perk’s good, but all Perk can do is foul me. That’s the only thing he can do. The best thing about his defense on me is to foul me . . . He can’t stop me. He’s too slow. He’s a big body. He can foul.

“I don’t think nobody in the league can stop me. Not only Perk. I tell Perk to his face. I already told him before.’’

Randolphs right.  Although there isn't many in the league that can stop him at this point.  Perkins is barely getting up and down that court though.

Yup, I think there are too many fans (also the media) that have a man-crush on Perk. He's really not the defensive monster that everyone thinks he is

To think a team's title chances relies so heavily on a role player who plays average minutes instead of the 4 all stars and future hall of famers is beyond me

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 02:42:22 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
He at least delivers harder fouls than Mr. Krstic. :D
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 02:59:28 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
In my opinion OKC has used Perkins the wrong way so far in this series...he would be better playing on M.Gasol than trying to chase Z-Bo out 17/18'.Perkins could give Gasol more of a problem much like he does D.Howard.Obaka is the quicker of the two and has a better chance of blocking a few of Z-Bo's shots,and possibly causing him to change his spots.If you noticed Z-Bo has figured out his sweet spots on the court and gets to them before Perk has a chance to react.I hope they try changing it up for at least a quarter to give it a chance to work.I don't feel anyone will completely shut him down but making him work harder for his points will help limit other areas of his game.

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 03:01:27 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Perk should never have been put on Z-Bo in the first place. He simply doesn't have the quickness or agility to cover an offensive threat like Z-Bo.

Randolph's jump shooting, pick and roll/pop game, ability to put the ball on the floor and drive + Randolph's superior quickness/agility make Perk an ineffective defensive matchup.

Leave Perk on Marc Gasol. A player who he can actually defend.

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 03:04:04 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Perk's a great post defender, not so great at chasing guys away from the basket. Randolph made 12 shots against the Grizz and 12 shots in has last game vs the Spurs. According to the espn shot charts 7 of the 12 shots he hit vs the Grizz were longer than his longest shot vs the Spurs. If he's hitting all of his 15 footers he's hard to stop.

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 03:41:50 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Perk's a great post defender, not so great at chasing guys away from the basket. Randolph made 12 shots against the Grizz and 12 shots in has last game vs the Spurs. According to the espn shot charts 7 of the 12 shots he hit vs the Grizz were longer than his longest shot vs the Spurs. If he's hitting all of his 15 footers he's hard to stop.

Good Point...so Zach basically took his game further away from the basket. The odds are that he won't hit that many next game.

As for Perk on Gasol? Well, I think Perk is in for a long series. Even though Perk matches up physically with Marc, Gasol has too many weapons for Perk to deal with. He may not be as mobile as say Bogut or Kaman, but Marc's has enough of an overall post game to give Perk some trouble.

It will be a great series! The clash of the Bigs!

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 03:45:07 PM »

Offline hangfan

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 4
Perk was guarding Marc Gasol at first. Ibaka was not having any success guarding Randolph (he made all his shots first quarter; I think Ibaka was guarding him for most of that). I still think this series will be close. I'm rooting for the Thunder to pull through though.

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 03:47:30 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Good Point...so Zach basically took his game further away from the basket. The odds are that he won't hit that many next game.

As for Perk on Gasol? Well, I think Perk is in for a long series. Even though Perk matches up physically with Marc, Gasol has too many weapons for Perk to deal with. He may not be as mobile as say Bogut or Kaman, but Marc's has enough of an overall post game to give Perk some trouble.

It will be a great series! The clash of the Bigs!

A bigger player like Gasol will give Perk problems, much like Brook Lopez does.

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 03:51:58 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I think he can be a little bit overrated at points, but I thought Sebastian Pruiti had a fantastic post displaying Perk's struggles against Memphis pick and rolls.

http://nbaplaybook.com/2011/05/02/oklahoma-citys-poor-pick-and-roll-defense/

EDIT: For clarification, I do really enjoy his site - I just think that some people  herald him as a blogging messiah, whereas I think he's just pretty good.

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 03:57:48 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I think he can be a little bit overrated at points, but I thought Sebastian Pruiti had a fantastic post displaying Perk's struggles against Memphis pick and rolls.

EDIT: For clarification, I do really enjoy his site - I just think that some people  herald him as a blogging messiah, whereas I think he's just pretty good.

Good find.

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2011, 03:58:50 PM »

Offline ballin

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105
Obviously this is just the wrong matchup for Perk... like everyone else said he needs to be on Marc Gasol.

By the way I can't wait to hear the follow-up post when Perkins absolutely shuts down Bynum in the next round. Then we'll see who's valuable or not.

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2011, 04:02:02 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

EDIT: For clarification, I do really enjoy his site - I just think that some people  herald him as a blogging messiah, whereas I think he's just pretty good.

Good find.

lol...a 'blogging messiah'? You had this hyperbole hanging around your head and you never once gave me the crown? Wow Otart, I don't even know you anymore.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner