Author Topic: All time best cameo playing self in a movie  (Read 11686 times)

Re: All time best cameo playing self in a movie
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2011, 03:45:36 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
That show wasn't elite, but it's definitely a little overlooked as far as great comedies go. Literally, every single cameo was fantastic.

Yeah see, I like Ricky Gervais's comedy, but his shows...I don't like his acting, or his friends' (his manager in Extras mostly) acting.

When they had a cameo they nailed it 100% of the time..otherwise, meh.

I loved Gervais in 'The Office', and thought he was fine in 'Extras" when given a much more subdued role. Maybe it's his ability to tell a story well , but I thought there was enough good to outweigh points where he was clearly overacting. Unfortunately that storytelling ability hasn't really translated well in his films.

I thought his friend (Stephen Merchant) was fine as well, but could definitely see why his style might rub some people the wrong way. For reasons I don't really understand, he's one of those guys that I kind of want to like - so that might be why I enjoy him.

« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2011, 04:19:16 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Oh god, I've got the winner. Starts a minute in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yluZgzkA8MM&feature=player_detailpage

Though, I don't know if that qualifies, not clear if he's being Charlton Heston.

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2011, 05:23:58 PM »

Offline jimmehx

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 166
Bill Murray in Zombieland!
I liked that.

Also, if we can chose from TV, I love Matt Leblanc in 'Episodes'.

If we're extending it to TV I'd have to throw in just about everyone who appeared on Gervais' 'Extras.' Haven't watched it in a while, but off the top of my head I'd say Orlando Bloom or Patrick Stewart would be my top. Also, Carl Weathers story arc on 'Arrested Development' was pretty hilarious.

Movies-wise I'd have to agree with Bill Murray.  I'll throw Billy Zane in 'Zoolander' into the ring also. He literally did nothing, but the line "Put a cork in it Zane" always slayed me.

Orlando Bloom in Extras and Daniel Radcliffe in Extras both made me strain a muscle from laughing.

TP IP. Radcliffe in extras was incredible.

"Uhhh... Wife makes chicken..." - Brian Scalabrine 2007.

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2011, 06:00:12 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Not my favorite, but cameos galore:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX4DjaCW4c0

I vote for Mike Tyson in the Hangover, with Bill Murray in Zombieland coming in 2nd.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2011, 06:32:56 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Bob Barker in Happy Gilmore has got to be up there too

Edit: I see we agree on that one Roy, Didn't see your comment back at the beginning before I posted.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2011, 06:55:50 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Alfred Hitchcock appeared in all of his movies...I don't think I was ever able to spot him...just an interesting tidbit.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!