Author Topic: Where's the best (and worst) places you ever traveled?  (Read 113829 times)

Re: Where's the best (and worst) places you ever traveled?
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2011, 12:52:13 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Beach wise

Have to bee the reef barrier of the atlantic, of course i dont know the australia one, but from Belize to Utila this is wonderfull
I also love the mangroves in my country very underrated scenary.

Others :
For some reason i Loved Lucerna
I loved All the Alps area in spain frontier with france too

Cultural:

I do like the Old Rome, and venice.
I loved Florencia And Brujas

Party:

My 20s in Cancun no way I regret that one

Relax and Romance:

Maybe Atitlan Lake in Guatemala in San Pedro or San Pablo
Its as calmed and a Heaven lake can be.

Shopping and Kids:

Nothing beat Orlando and Tampa

Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2011, 12:54:49 PM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
  If I had to say someplace though, I would go with Philly.  Just an uglier version of Boston.
Yup. He's been to Philly.  Good Vietnamese food though.

Had to be in Philly this weekend and I agree with this description but not sure if I would use uglier or simply dirtier--some great architecture but [dang] clean the place up.

Favorite place not mentioned Ottawa.
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2011, 12:54:56 PM »

Offline Rondo9dunx

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 4
My 2 favorite places to go are actually here in the U.S.

The first is a small, coastal town in Maine called Harpswell. My family owns a small cottage in the middle of nowhere that's right on the ocean, it's paradise. There are natural springs everywhere and all the seafood you can eat just a 10 foot walk from the backdoor.

Second is Joshua Tree. I always camped on the east coast and loved it. But in the last few years i've gone to Joshua Tree a couple of times and absolutely loved it.

I don't really like going to big cities on vacation. I grew up in a big city and got my fill of it.

If I could travel anywhere I would love to go to Greece, Italy, Spain, France, Great Britain and Australia. Maybe when the kids are out of school and playing for the Red Sox/Pats/Celtics w/e :P

*EDIT** oooh I got my 100th TP overnight XD
Andy Bernard doesnt lose constests. He wins them, or he quits them because they're unfair.

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2011, 12:56:56 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
There's too many places for me to list without it just being a list of everywhere I've been, and that would be stupid.  So instead I'd say the place that I expected the least from and got the most out of was Prague, in the Czech Republic.

Didn't know anything about the place before I went but the City is like something out of a fairytale.  The city is beaming with beautiful architecture which is hundreds of years old and largely survived WWII (unlike many other European cities,) they've got great food, great beer, absinthe bars, fantastic museums, beautiful squares, and unique monuments and statues.  They've also got great music clubs, dancing clubs and bars, and lots of stuff to do on the more mild tourist attraction side of things.  The people are very friendly and best of all it's one of the cheaper places you can visit in Europe.  I spent 11 amazing days there a few years ago and I've been dying to go back every since.

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2011, 01:03:46 PM »

Offline Rondo9dunx

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 4
There's too many places for me to list without it just being a list of everywhere I've been, and that would be stupid.  So instead I'd say the place that I expected the least from and got the most out of was Prague, in the Czech Republic.

Didn't know anything about the place before I went but the City is like something out of a fairytale.  The city is beaming with beautiful architecture which is hundreds of years old and largely survived WWII (unlike many other European cities,) they've got great food, great beer, absinthe bars, fantastic museums, beautiful squares, and unique monuments and statues.  They've also got great music clubs, dancing clubs and bars, and lots of stuff to do on the more mild tourist attraction side of things.  The people are very friendly and best of all it's one of the cheaper places you can visit in Europe.  I spent 11 amazing days there a few years ago and I've been dying to go back every since.
i've heard nothing but good things about prague
Andy Bernard doesnt lose constests. He wins them, or he quits them because they're unfair.

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2011, 01:06:54 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
The best are 2 places in Queensland, Australia:

1. Fraser Island

2. Whitsunday Islands

Just absolutely incredible places and I'm shocked that I didn't know about them until a friend went abroad and told me about them and shocked in general that you never hear about these places

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2011, 01:35:18 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Best:  Anywhere in Alaska.  Malaga.  Bermuda.

Worst: Morocco...Spent a day there and was terrified the whole time.
Amazingly Morroco actually fits my theory of travel I think.  No wait. It doesn't. It wasn't in the Brit empire I don't think.   Please expand

Our stay was in Malaga....Which is beautiful and fun.  Our travel agency took a group of us on a boat to Morocco to shop for rugs.  Our tour guide in Morocco was filthy and smelly and told us to keep our heads down as we walked from the bus to the markets.  Those of us who didn't buy rugs were followed, harrassed, and intimidated by the merchants.  Fortunately, one of the people in our group was a big ex-professional wrestler and got in between those of us being harrassed and the merchants.  The rug shop was nice.  But the rest of where we were at was filthy and very unfriendly.

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2011, 01:54:20 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Best:  Anywhere in Alaska.  Malaga.  Bermuda.

Worst: Morocco...Spent a day there and was terrified the whole time.
Amazingly Morroco actually fits my theory of travel I think.  No wait. It doesn't. It wasn't in the Brit empire I don't think.   Please expand

Our stay was in Malaga....Which is beautiful and fun.  Our travel agency took a group of us on a boat to Morocco to shop for rugs.  Our tour guide in Morocco was filthy and smelly and told us to keep our heads down as we walked from the bus to the markets.  Those of us who didn't buy rugs were followed, harrassed, and intimidated by the merchants.  Fortunately, one of the people in our group was a big ex-professional wrestler and got in between those of us being harrassed and the merchants.  The rug shop was nice.  But the rest of where we were at was filthy and very unfriendly.
A place with palm trees unfriendly to Americans?  Unbelievable.

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2011, 02:29:17 PM »

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
There's a lot of good places, but I have to single out Austria.  That place is simply beautiful.

The worst place I have been is easily Afghanistan.

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2011, 02:44:53 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
BEST: Vegas
WORST:Vegas

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2011, 02:47:26 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
BEST: Vegas
WORST:Vegas
sssoooommmeeeebody had an incident in Vegas    :o

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2011, 03:01:59 PM »

Offline Master Po

• Author and
  • CelticsBlog Relic
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 242
  • The Man behind the Curtain
If I told you all it might too crowded...but is has palm trees, warm water, beautiful beaches, not many people but friendly, and no phones....

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2011, 03:24:55 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
If I ever get around to doing a "bucket list" Australia and New Zealand will be on it.  In the meantime, I love short junkets in the U. S.  Going to NH (I live in FL) in June. Hoping to get to Puerto Rico (never been there) on a short 4 day cruise with a friend in July or August, and maybe this will be the year I get to Winfield, Kansas in September.  (If I do, I hope to meet Master Po!)  And, Edgar, I am a big amusement park lover...don't even need kids for an excuse, although they are welcome too!  Disney, Busch Gardens, Universal, Sea World...I may never grow up.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2011, 03:41:14 PM »

Offline Master Po

• Author and
  • CelticsBlog Relic
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 242
  • The Man behind the Curtain
The door is always open for you Tboots

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2011, 03:52:16 PM »

Offline Tnerb02

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
Best:
San Diego - Great weather, nice city.
Grand Canyon - Really beautiful place

Worst:
Helendale, CA 116 degrees is HOT, Felt like I was in Hell.
Vegas Strip - I felt like I was in an episode of the Jersey Shore. Everything I hate about the world all rolled up into one place.