Author Topic: I don't think we're giving the Knicks enough credit/respect  (Read 16393 times)

Re: I don't think we're giving the Knicks enough credit/respect
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2011, 05:14:18 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 365

I mean we have still not got KG established in the post or really got Ray going yet despite some big shots he hit. We won't go far this way.

I agree with KG as he hasnt had a big stat line offensively the last couple games....but ray? really? 24points and 18points, 4/4 from downtown last night. considering his slump the past few games, id say weve got him going

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2011, 05:29:50 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

I mean we have still not got KG established in the post or really got Ray going yet despite some big shots he hit. We won't go far this way.

I agree with KG as he hasnt had a big stat line offensively the last couple games....but ray? really? 24points and 18points, 4/4 from downtown last night. considering his slump the past few games, id say weve got him going

his number of shots is really low, though.  he didn't take a shot in the fourth quarter last night.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2011, 06:26:58 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
I said it another thread, Melo may be harder to guard than LeBron. He's a straight beast. And Amare was a monster in game 1. Add in some role players and you have a tough team..

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2011, 06:31:20 PM »

Offline bound4glory

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 0
the knicks with melo and chauncey all year wouldve ended up much better than a 6 seed i guarantee you that, we're probably playing what should be a 3-5 seed right now

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2011, 06:52:30 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
I agree.  The Knicks played with an intensity that you rarely see last night, and Carmelo in particular was just on another level, and hit many difficult shots in very tight coverage.

I agree 100% with this.  I think the Knicks have been playing pretty good D in this series and have raised their level of play.  I didn't expect that intensity and pressure from them on D, especially in game 1.  They have athletic players who are going all out.  They just don't have the playoff experience and leadership that we have and it shows.

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2011, 06:57:19 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
i honestly think the Celtics aren't giving the knicks much seriousness...they know they can fool around and still win this series

I was wondering when someone would mention the possibility of this, considering the Pacers/Bulls series has pretty much went the same way. The way the Bulls were being hyped, you'd think they would win by 20 the 1st 2 games, and MAYBE Game 3 and 4 would go how Game 1 and 2 went: Pacers have a lead via riding their home crowd, then Bulls come and finally decide to brake hearts in the last two minutes. I mean, Games 3 and 4 could still go that way, but I think the Pacers have more or less proven that they're just this good, and will not go away quietly.

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2011, 07:11:36 PM »

Offline Eeyore III

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 48
Anyone who thinks the Nix look pretty good now, shoulda seen them before the trade.

All they had to do was wait.

But noooooooo, the Odious James Dolan had to do something right now.  Like a 3-year old with no ability to delay gratification.

The result is what you see: a one-step-away Denver team, and a one-and-done Nix squad.  Too bad, really.  I hope Donny Walsh gets a better gig this time around, hopefully in the big TO. 
"People don't understand, if you can't live the rest of your life off one year in the NBA, you can't live off 21." -- Keon Clark

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2011, 08:37:08 PM »

Offline Tgro

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • It's all about the TEAM!
I'm kind of glad we're getting nail biting games at this point. I'm glad the Knicks haven't been a patsy and have given us all we can handle. I think in the long run, it's going to have us more prepared for the likes of Miami/Chicago. If we can let 1 guy dominate on their team each game, be down in the final minutes and come out with victories at crunch time each time, I think that gives us the confidence going forward that some other big name on other teams can go off on us (Lebron, Wade, Rose) and we can still win the game by being the more disciplined, executing and experienced "been there, done that" before team. We didn't crack under pressure. It's great to know this going forward and I think it gives us an edge. I think we'd be worse off in future playoff series if we were blowing the Knicks out each game now. It's good to see us winning the ugly slugfests.   
The Celtics aren't quitters. Why should you be? - blind homer

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2011, 08:45:38 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Knicks are playing all out.  Melo is the real deal in the playoffs.

But if the Celtics showed the energy and urgency of the past playoffs, they crush this Knicks team. 

Celtics are still on cruise control against a team they own. 

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2011, 09:04:17 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

But if the Celtics showed the energy and urgency of the past playoffs, they crush this Knicks team. 

Melo had two unbelievable games. One was unbelievably good and one unbelievably bad. I'd think he's due for an average game.

I'd like to believe the C's still have another gear (or two), but they will have to show it to everyone.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2011, 10:50:40 PM »

Offline Junkyard Dawg

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 51
Defensively, I think they've been much better than advertised.  They've been focused and playing everyone tight for the most part.  For a team that's supposed to be atrocious on defense, they haven't looked that bad.

But offensively they are a joke.  especially without chauncey, it just seems like guys are lost out there.  Melo and Amare go one on one and beast, everyone else hucks up 3's, turiaf stands around the basket, and that's it.. but bottom line I think we should be massacring this team right now, and it concerns me a bit that we're not.

Having said that, I could see the Knicks coming out on a tear on Friday, I hope the C's are ready, they seem like a team that is going to be pumped to play in front of the home crowd.  But even if so I still say C's in 5.

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2011, 10:55:17 PM »

Offline Rondo9dunx

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 4

Melo had two unbelievable games. One was unbelievably good and one unbelievably bad. I'd think he's due for an average game.

I'd like to believe the C's still have another gear (or two), but they will have to show it to everyone.
An average game for melo is 30 points and 10 rebounds.

If Amare goes off we could be in trouble, but I got so much faith in KG to handle that so i'm not worried.

If Rondo and Ray have a good game we win. Paul and KG are a given to show up.
Andy Bernard doesnt lose constests. He wins them, or he quits them because they're unfair.

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2011, 10:57:21 PM »

Offline Rondo9dunx

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 4
And I know that everyonce in a while somebody gets by melo and he may have done something stupid last night against delonte, but he most definitely does play defense. He's super long for his position, he gets blocks and steals and has a huge body to put on guys. I haven't watched a whole lot of his regular season games in denver over the years but i've seen him on ESPN and in playoff games and for the most part he always plays really good defense.
Andy Bernard doesnt lose constests. He wins them, or he quits them because they're unfair.

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2011, 11:40:39 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Melo is the best scorer in the league (or maybe Durant). He can score from anywhere. that said, we almost lost the game because of REBOUNDS!!!!

we're getting the stops (save for some lucky Melo shots that likely won't go in again for a few more games) but we're not completing the defensive possession. Knicks punished us on the boards and that's why this game was close. I know there was a stretch that it was KG and JO in there that got outworked, but i can't help but feel that the BBD-JG frontcourt doesn't work very well either. Both players are pretty weak rebounders and neither protect the paint very well (except for the occasional charge BBD draws)
- LilRip

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2011, 07:26:35 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Eh... If we struggle to beat Carmelo and the Pips just because they played with playoff intensity (despite shooting 36%), then I shudder to think what we would look like against the Heat.

This team needs to play much better if they want to get past the second round.

Apparently I'm in the vastcminority on this one, but I still don't think the Knicks are anything special. No, they're not the Twolves, but they're not good, either.  There can be no complaining about being up 2-0, but this team needs to find another gear against the good / very good teams that stand in their way.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 07:32:45 AM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes