Author Topic: NBA Cancels Summer League  (Read 1299 times)

NBA Cancels Summer League
« on: April 13, 2011, 09:58:01 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
obviously we don't have a lot of young players and I'm not sure we'll get much out of the draft this year, but on principle alone this is sad

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/2011/04/13/2011-04-13_nba_readies_for_lockout.html

In two more signs that the NBA is gearing up for a lockout starting July 1, the league has scrubbed its annual Las Vegas summer league and has also scuttled its annual summer internship program, according to league sources.

so, will Avery Bradley ever see a summer league court?
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

Re: NBA Cancels Summer League
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 10:00:56 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
It's sad on both counts.  I would have liked to see Bradley and whatever draft picks we have in the summer league.  Just as upsetting, it's unfortunate that they canceled the internship program.  Some great people -- at least Steve Weinman -- have gone on to bigger and brighter things through that program, and it's too bad others won't be getting the chance this ear.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes