Author Topic: Rd. 1 predictions vs the Knicks  (Read 19856 times)

Rd. 1 predictions vs the Knicks
« on: April 11, 2011, 10:20:14 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 660
  • MASTER OF PANIC
any thoughts?

Re: Rd. 1 predictions vs the Knicks
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 10:22:08 PM »

Offline throwedoff

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
Celtics win in 5 their defense is trash and they live and die off jumpers if Rondo can play up to his potential we smash the knicks

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 10:22:31 PM »

Offline PseudoElite

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 42
4-3 Celtics.

Worst possible draw for the Celtics, they are gonna have fight tooth and nail for every game and it doesn't get any easier after Round 1.

No HCA vs ANYBODY past Round 1.

STUPID STUPID STUPID.

Celtics' turn on switch for the playoffs: the last bastion of hope for battered Celtic fans.

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 10:23:04 PM »

Offline Marcus13

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 119
I definitely feel that New York is going to take two or three and play us tight most of the way.

Carmelo and Amare is a lot of offensive firepower for a team who struggles to score in the fourth quarter

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 10:23:29 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I like to think that it will be like the Miami match up last year. We limped into the playoffs and were going against a very decent team with a superstar and pulled it out with ease. Unfortunately for this Celtics team, though, they don't like to close teams out in less than 6 games. I just hope Billups doesn't have a big series - he was basically a throw-in in the deal.

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 10:24:24 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'll say Celts in 6.  Maybe 5.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 10:24:47 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 874
  • GOT IT!!!
C's in 5 maybe 6. Knicks defense is just what this team needs to get the offense back on track. Really don't even need Shaq in this series.

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 10:25:13 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I think Knicks in 6 or 7. I think they steal game one in boston and hold serve at home. the Cs have shown me nothing to think otherwise at this point...esp on offense.

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 10:25:44 PM »

Offline JerseyKid.

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Our heart will prevail.
I definitely feel that New York is going to take two or three and play us tight most of the way.

Carmelo and Amare is a lot of offensive firepower for a team who struggles to score in the fourth quarter

Thats exactly what i fear, especially with Mr. Big Shot too.

Going to be nail biters for sure.

:-X

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 10:27:22 PM »

Offline ballin

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105
C's go down in 7. I've been really pessimistic and negative on this thread since the trade, and I hate to continue to be that way, but losing Perk killed this team emotionally and structurally.

If there's one matchup that's ripe for an upset, this is it right here. I hope I'm wrong though.

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 10:29:21 PM »

Offline DaDoc02

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
tell U the truth I wanted us 2play 76ers.. But it really does not matter... Bring on the Knicks!! Somebody tell Spike Lee to wear his Russia hat again....LOL

Lets Go Bos !!!!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2011, 10:29:41 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
biggest fear is boston down 2-1 going into a game four in NY. that place would be out for blood. sure the knicks dont play defense but the Cs don't really play offense anymore so that is a wash.

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2011, 10:30:00 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Celtics in 5. Not a doubt in my mind.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2011, 10:30:56 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Celts in 6 or 7. No delonte could be a big problem, however.  Hope he can play.

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2011, 10:31:00 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
I made a couple of comments in the game thread. I'll transfer them here.

Garnett is one of the most problematic defenders for Amare to face. Amare is at his best when he has a quickness advantage against slower defenders (Perk) or when he can overpower smaller/no length defenders (BBD).

Carmelo and Pierce are the third and fourth best wings in the league respectively. They should cancel each other out for the most part.

Rajon Rondo has an advantage over Chauncey Billups. Billups does not fit into D'Antoni's uptempo PG centric heavy playmaking responsibility offense + Rondo is far too quick for Chauncey's old legs. Also, New York's team defense, interior defense and transition defense are all shoddy which should create surplus opportunities for Rondo to get into the teeth of the defense and create shots for everyone.

Then there is New York's horrific supporting cast which is without a doubt the worst of any team in the playoffs.

A lot of reasons to feel confident about the matchup.

playing the knicks isn't going to be fun. i am scared the Cs can't score enough late in games vs them
A team's ability to score is dependent upon matchups. Both individual matchups and the defensive ability of the opposition.

Looking at the Knicks characteristics defensively, one should feel confident in the Celtics ability to create high percentage shot attempts.

The next series against Miami, who are a serious defensive team, will require a lot more offensive cohesion from the Celtics players.

--------------------------------------

In other words, the Knicks are a great antidote to the Celtics offensive struggles.

I think it'll be a pretty short series. I think the Celtics have a great chance of sweeping the Knicks.

Maybe NY steals a game if their scorers/shooters get hot enough.

I think the Knicks will be tough competition while their starters are in (Billups, Fields, Melo, Amare, Turiaf) but I expect them to fall apart on a regular basis whenever their bench starts to enter the game.

Their lineups weaken considerably whenever they have a couple of bench players on the floor even if they are alongside their main guns. They simply do not have enough quality depth to hold serve with a team of Boston's quality.