Author Topic: Celtics (55-25) at Wizards (22-58) 4/11  (Read 66012 times)

Re: Celtics (55-25) at Wizards (22-58) 4/11
« Reply #330 on: April 11, 2011, 10:14:59 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
disappointing loss. I thought Arroyo made poor decisions at the end of regulation and overtime. He seemed to shrug off Green twice. I hope Delonte heals up!
Yeah, I thought Arroyo did a poor job too. Did not like how he ran the team.

Went away from Green in the fourth quarter and from the sounds of it in overtime too (I tuned off then) when Green was the team's most dangerous shot creator and matchup advantage.

« Reply #331 on: April 11, 2011, 10:16:01 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
this team cannot score in the second half anymore

Well, I think we can cut them some slack tonight, with all things considered....

yes and no...the wiz ahad 3 d leaguers on the court in crunch time and the Cs still couldn't score from the field in OT

« Reply #332 on: April 11, 2011, 10:17:10 PM »

Offline YouCantHandleTheTruth!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
6 point lead and a minute to play, you blow it and then lose the game.
I don't see any other team doing stuff like this. There's a general lack of toughness, confidence and condition that really scares me.

Lots of people sure about PO switch based on last year run, amazing..
The Celtic in me.

« Reply #333 on: April 11, 2011, 10:18:34 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I don't see any other team doing stuff like this. There's a general lack of toughness, confidence and condition that really scares me.

honestly i think this team goes out without a whimper in the first round...i just think there is no switch to be flipped anymore. i think this team is what it is

« Reply #334 on: April 11, 2011, 10:18:37 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Eh...  We were playing without our starters, and then Delonte went down.  No big deal tonight.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #335 on: April 11, 2011, 10:19:48 PM »

Offline throwedoff

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16

honestly i think this team goes out without a whimper in the first round...i just think there is no switch to be flipped anymore. i think this team is what it is

wimper in the first round??? wat?? like I said earlier we're gonna beat the knicks EASILY in the playoffs

« Reply #336 on: April 11, 2011, 10:21:16 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

wimper in the first round??? wat?? like I said earlier we're gonna beat the knicks EASILY in the playoffs

the celtics don't beat anyone easily. the knicks have a lot of offense and the Cs have next to none anymore

« Reply #337 on: April 11, 2011, 10:24:12 PM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215

Most other teams would probably have their 4 best players on the court. You think Miami would win without Lebron, Wade, and Bosh or Lakers without Kobe and Pau? Very doubtful.

« Reply #338 on: April 11, 2011, 10:26:36 PM »

Offline Original Creation

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5

Most other teams would probably have their 4 best players on the court. You think Miami would win without Lebron, Wade, and Bosh or Lakers without Kobe and Pau? Very doubtful.
Yup, I concur.  The only bad thing to happen tonight was Delonte's injury.  Otherwise, this was a great ploy by Doc to get guys like Green and JO some extended run to get tuned up.

« Reply #339 on: April 11, 2011, 10:28:59 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Arroyo looked rusty, but even then I can't criticize him too much because he just hasn't played much.

« Reply #340 on: April 11, 2011, 10:31:21 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Would you like to bet on that? :)

« Reply #341 on: April 11, 2011, 10:34:02 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

if they prove me wrong get to round two..i will give you 10 Tps...if they lose in round 1..i don't want anything in return because i will be looking for the nearest bridge

« Reply #342 on: April 11, 2011, 10:34:24 PM »

Offline throwedoff

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16

the celtics don't beat anyone easily. the knicks have a lot of offense and the Cs have next to none anymore
im not impresed with the knicks and there is NO WAY im gonna admit defeat to them, Celtics in 5 or 6

« Reply #343 on: April 11, 2011, 10:41:29 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

if they prove me wrong get to round two..i will give you 10 Tps...if they lose in round 1..i don't want anything in return because i will be looking for the nearest bridge

lol..

« Reply #344 on: April 11, 2011, 11:11:13 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
You guys DO remember that our entire starting five (including Shaq) sat this out, right? 

I thought the bench guys generally displayed good effort tonight.  Had we been able to make a layup (or a dunk), we would have won this game going away in regulation.  I don't put much stock in the whole "this was a good experience for them" thing - none of the players on the court tonight, save for one of JO or Davis, will ever see the court in crunch time. 

They put up a fight, and it was nice to see some guys in green uniforms display some semblance of effort, but in the end a loss is a loss.