Author Topic: Celtics (1-3) at Heat (3-1) 5/11 Round 2 Game 5  (Read 106395 times)

Re: Celtics (1-3) at Heat (3-1) 5/11 Round 2 Game 5
« Reply #795 on: May 11, 2011, 09:56:16 PM »

Offline The DarkPassenger

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
It was a good game but at the end of the day injuries caught up to them. Mistakes, refs and some other things didn't help but I do believe that injuries really hurt us. Going forward Danny should keep these guys together but dump every other guy except Green and West. Rondo and the Big 3 played too many minutes this season, especially after the trades so Danny has to put together a solid bench.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." - Michael Jordan

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."- Red Auerbach

« Reply #796 on: May 11, 2011, 10:01:50 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
Thank you Celtics for a very entertaining season!  Rest and good fortunes to the players, and to all of you during this off season.  :)

« Reply #797 on: May 11, 2011, 10:03:10 PM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Like with Rondo in game one, Pierce's second foul early on a James breakaway put each player in a hole

« Reply #798 on: May 11, 2011, 10:10:32 PM »

Offline DKClassic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 177
Just throwing this out there, but if a trade goes down next season, can we refrain from making 95% of the posts in the ensuing months about whether it ruined the team or not?  I'd like to get back to reading quality threads/posts.

« Reply #799 on: May 11, 2011, 10:11:45 PM »

Offline Andrew Celtic Nation

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 105
I'm satisfied with this season even if it didn't turn out how I wanted it too, I'm not gonna blame our guys simply because they had too much to go up against in this series, DWade and Lebron are two of about 5 guys in the NBA who are allowed to do things and get calls that no one else can get and when you combine them on the same team in the playoffs it is nearly impossible to stop, the referees give them the calls that they whine for and it's the way the NBA works but it really leaves a bad taste in my mouth that they feel like they have to allow these guys to get away with violations just because of who they are when they called things on Pierce and Glen Davis that even on replay Reggie acknowledged were missed calls, why do they go out of their way to try to make these traveling calls on 99 percent of the league but not on Lebron and Wade?

« Reply #800 on: May 11, 2011, 10:11:52 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
Did DOC just say he was coming back next year after the game?
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #801 on: May 11, 2011, 10:13:16 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
im done with the NBA. I rarely hard on officating. I wasnt with all of you last year in game 7. Yea game 7 had some bad calls but the Celtics lost the game.

This whole series has been gift wrapped to the heat. We can't drive to the basket and get a call but they get a call everytime they are in the lane. Last game jeff greene didnt get the rebound near the end of regulation because chalmers pulled him down.

This game was pathetic. Bosh passing for a 3 while standing out of bounds. Wade getting an and1 throwing the ball over his shoulder and NEVER getting touched, just fell.

Wade gets a foul when Kristic goes straight up and doesnt touch him. 2 non travel calls that would have been 4 points.
Lebron mauled pierce on that last steal and that last offensive foul just put the iceing on the cake. I will no longer watch the NBA until they do like every sport and hire a company of referees who are not under stern and who dont have betting on the side with a game of a 8 point spread and a 180 total score. Pretty close to it.
What was with that idiot doing the dance after calling an offensive foul on Delonte? 

« Reply #802 on: May 11, 2011, 10:17:23 PM »

Offline Tenacious D

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 232
Celtics will lose because they have been playing 5 on 8 all night,:

Whatever makes you feel good but the fact is the Cs failed to execute and failed to stick their shots. Bron did. End of story/

Fine, but how do you win when it's impossible to breathe on Whistle wihout getting a foul called on you?  That is at least part of what took Pierce off his game.  I now know how Mavs fans feel.
Deosnt matter if Cs executed and hit shots, or better still, worked inside and forced fouls. and held onto the rock.  You have to make your luck.
"Celtics Bring Structure And Discipline To A Chaotic World"

« Reply #803 on: May 11, 2011, 10:19:14 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
the last 3 minutes of games 2, 4 and 5 were all the same. boston holding a lead only to fumble it away with turnovers and poor offense....that was the series..boston played well enough to win the series for all but 3 minutes in the 4th quarters

« Reply #804 on: May 11, 2011, 10:29:29 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Well, it's still been a fine season, even if it didn't end like we wanted it to.

The bench showed up Big Time, but also made some key mistakes. Jeff fumbled that one pass at the end, but I think he played well despite that one. Overall, I'm happy with what the bench showed me, at least.

KG started out like a man on fire.

Jeff, Nenad, Delonte, Glen are all Keepers, to me. I'd love to see JO come back with a few months under him to recuperate, too.

There was some mention of Glen suffering with a knee injury from a couple of months ago in a similar thread here earlier - I can attribute that to his sub-par play here lately.

But - he played well, tonight - to me.

I think the refs played a part in this game...I watched the entire game, like many of us here did - and while they played a part - we still could've pulled this out.

I hope (and expect) Doc to be back - I cannot think of anyone else I'd like to have for the upcoming training camp.

To see our new bench actually get a full training camp? Yes - this fine team of ours will be back next year. No question, in my mind.

But even with tonight I cannot be upset with this team of ours, not in the least.

« Reply #805 on: May 11, 2011, 11:04:55 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Attrition took its course and so did World Wide Wes and George Soros in gifting My Hammy the king of basketball. We need more young legs with heart and a passion for the game.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #806 on: May 11, 2011, 11:08:46 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
It seems like Paul, Ray and Doc are all on board for another run anybody hear about KG?

He left and didn't speak to media supposedly I hope that wasn't KG's last game  >:(
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk