Author Topic: Perk and Bynum. what's going on?  (Read 21431 times)

Perk and Bynum. what's going on?
« on: April 06, 2011, 11:21:30 PM »

Offline Yogi

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 255
  Perk has become a rebounding machine.  Bynum has become a taller longer rebounding machine.  The numbers lately are ridiculous.  Can we get whatever these guys are drinking for our centers?  KG is our only decent rebounding big.  I hope JO can help us when he gets his legs back. 
CelticsBlog DKC Pelicans
J. Lin/I. Canaan/N. Wolters
E. Gordon/A. Shved
N. Batum/A. Roberson
A. Davis/K. Olynyk/M. Scott
D. Cousins/A. Baynes/V. Faverani
Rights: A. Abrines, R. Neto, L. Jean-Charles  Coach: M. Williams

Re: Perk and Bynum. what's going on?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 11:24:10 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Your point with Bynum is valid.

Perk rebounds free throws and uncontested misses. Don't let the box score fool you.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 11:25:18 PM »

Offline Phil125

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 57
Its easy the C's system is bad for rebounding.  Perkin was never allowed to just stand under the basket and rebound like more centers.  He always had assignments or had to run back.

Now he gets to stand around and rebound all day.

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 11:31:16 PM »

Offline Yogi

• Don Chaney
   10 offensive boards today against Denver of 17 total.  Nene and K-mart no scrubs either.  Does not sound like easy rebounds. I wonder if it was all the conditioning that he did post surgery.  The same for Bynum who looks a solid 10-15 pounds lighter from last year. 
CelticsBlog DKC Pelicans
E. Gordon/A. Shved
N. Batum/A. Roberson

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 11:32:10 PM »

Offline mc34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 40
The numbers look scary for Bynum but go look at the box score of LA playing Golden State right now... Bynum practically has ALL the rebounds. Gasol is the next leading rebounder for LA with 3. Meaning, Bynum is just sucking up rebounds that Gasol or Odom would usually be grabbing. Not to mention they're tied with Golden State (a below average rebounding team) pointwise and reboundwise, AND they lost to Utah last night with Bynum having a career high in rebounding. So Bynum dominating the glass doesn't necissarily mean wins for them

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 11:35:57 PM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
   10 offensive boards today against Denver of 17 total.  Nene and K-mart no scrubs either.  Does not sound like easy rebounds. I wonder if it was all the conditioning that he did post surgery.  The same for Bynum who looks a solid 10-15 pounds lighter from last year. 

LOL; they played the Clips tonight not the Nuggets.  You know the team with the perimeter center, Chris Kaman. 

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 11:39:43 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Perk rebounds free throws and uncontested misses. Don't let the box score fool you.

Interesting. Why don't more players boost their stats this way, I wonder?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 11:42:44 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

LOL; they played the Clips tonight not the Nuggets.  You know the team with the perimeter center, Chris Kaman. 
Kaman is a perimeter center? And how does that affect Perk's offensive boards? I assume he's defending Perk on the perimeter?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 11:46:52 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Perkins entering his prime I don't expect anything less. Bynum is arguably 2nd best Center in the NBA. These two aren't slouches

The C's Offense isn't conducive to O-rebounding. Lakers & Thunder tend to run a lot of one-on-one. It enables their bigs to hover around the rim and get positioning inside. Here with the Celtics, the bigs role is different. Celtics bigs do a lot of screen setting & play for the outside shot.

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 11:49:36 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Perk's rebounding lately has been eye popping. Good for him. But I agree some of this has to do with the Celtics 'get back on D' system.

As for the Lakers. If you look at their last 17 games, not including tonight against GSW, they have only scored 100+ pts six times. Tonight they have 38 points at half against GSW!!!

Also one of those games where they scored 100+ was a triple OT game. Not sure why.. but the lakers are having issues scoring.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 11:52:12 PM »

Offline Yogi

• Don Chaney

oops my bad!  You are right.  Sloppy reading on my part.  But isn't Kaman a 20-10 guy and also there is Griffin and Jordan who are both excellent rebounders.  Those 3 had 27 rebounds in the game which is not too shabby.  But Perk had 17 himself and 10 offensive boards fighting against these guys.
CelticsBlog DKC Pelicans
E. Gordon/A. Shved
N. Batum/A. Roberson

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 12:00:06 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

More players have an offensive game to worry about.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 12:11:52 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

More players have an offensive game to worry about.

While collecting misses off FTs and under the opposing team's basket? What type of offense are we talking about? 85 footers?

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 12:12:39 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
What's so great about Perk's rebounding numbers while he has been playing with the Thunder? 2 more rebounds than his career average, and less than 1 more rebound than he averaged during the 09-10 season. It really doesn't seem so great to me, just seems like regular Perkins.

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 12:18:39 AM »

Offline dtrader

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42

All you need to do is look at his fg% for the game to see where the offensive boards came from.  He kept missing layups, collecting the rebound, and missing again lol.