Author Topic: Celtics (54-23) at Bulls (57-20) 4/7  (Read 135498 times)

Re: Celtics (54-23) at Bulls (57-20) 4/7
« Reply #735 on: April 08, 2011, 05:41:24 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
And I'd rather not say anything about Baby but Doc's decision to play him all the minutes JO should have gotten was mind-boggling and frustrating (Baby's role is to spread the floor and create some offense, he didn't do any of those things and yet Doc stuck with him while JO's D and offense were way better).
If this were the playoffs JO would have played and gotten more of Baby's minutes most likely. Doc has said he wants to keep JO around 15min these few games. Then once the playoffs start hopefully more splitting minutes with Shaq.

Yeah hopefully in the playoffs it will be different but still, it wouldn't hurt to play JO more than 12 minutes a night, even if there is a back to back looming. I think it can only help him to play about 20 minutes a night, to gt more game experience and shake off the rust sooner rather than later.

« Reply #736 on: April 08, 2011, 07:48:51 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Not at all concerned about this result.

This will be a very different contest once Shaq returns + once JO is able to play more minutes.

« Reply #737 on: April 08, 2011, 11:17:55 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

This will be a very different contest once Shaq returns + once JO is able to play more minutes.
Agreed, I don't think Doc will let Boozer destroy Green/BBD in the playoffs.

« Reply #738 on: April 08, 2011, 11:53:58 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Not to mention we had a horrible first half and were only down 5.

« Reply #739 on: April 08, 2011, 12:00:42 PM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
that hail mary 3 point shot by rose at the end of the 3rd with him being in an awkward position in the air (he kind of rotated)  broke our backs.

then when boozer hit an and-one shot to make the score 73-60 that was it for me, couldn't watch this crap no more.

« Reply #740 on: April 08, 2011, 12:51:48 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
And I'd rather not say anything about Baby but Doc's decision to play him all the minutes JO should have gotten was mind-boggling and frustrating (Baby's role is to spread the floor and create some offense, he didn't do any of those things and yet Doc stuck with him while JO's D and offense were way better).
If this were the playoffs JO would have played and gotten more of Baby's minutes most likely. Doc has said he wants to keep JO around 15min these few games. Then once the playoffs start hopefully more splitting minutes with Shaq.

Yeah hopefully in the playoffs it will be different but still, it wouldn't hurt to play JO more than 12 minutes a night, even if there is a back to back looming. I think it can only help him to play about 20 minutes a night, to gt more game experience and shake off the rust sooner rather than later.
I thought he played a little over 15, regardless I agree he's gotta get out there more and we don't have much time same goes for Shaq. While it's easy to say ahh just rest Shaq until the second round NO we need him hopefully he's back Sunday we need to establish some kind of rhythm. Also other guys are playing too many minutes e.g BBD we look fatigued out there and mentally it's killing us.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk