Author Topic: Socom 4  (Read 4283 times)

Socom 4
« on: March 30, 2011, 06:58:52 PM »

Offline outcry

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 133
Let me just preface this by saying that I've been a socom fanatic since socom 1. I have a love/hate relationship with Zipper Interactive, the creators of the socom franchise. Socom 1 and 2 were the two best video games I've ever played, bar none. It's not even close. The addiction factor with those games are unmatched and I'll never have that same type of feeling with any other game ever again. Socom 3 was an abomination and should never be talked about.

Now, about socom 4. I've been playing the beta for the past two days and I'm liking it quite a bit. I don't like a few things about the game like the camera being way too close to the player. Also, the cover system. Socom never had and should never have a cover system. That's not what socom is, but it's definitely not a game-breaker for me and I understand why Zipper integrated that feature into the game. The greatest thing that Zipper did with this game is not throwing in vehicles like they did for socom 3. That was a HUGE game-breaker for that game. Socom 4 feels like socom 1 except with more players. I wish Zipper would go back to 8v8 but it is what it is. The respawn system is fine and I understand why Zipper would integrate this into the game considering every shooter is respawn nowadays. I'm glad they're catering to the hardcore socom fans like myself and to the people who have never played the game. 

Anyone else playing the beta?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 07:06:58 PM by outcry »
2011 PAPOUG CHAMPION

Re: Socom 4
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 07:49:05 PM »

Offline DKClassic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 177
Oh man, I haven't played SOCOM since the PS2 online days with the first one.  Good old ladder glitch.

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 07:58:40 PM »

Offline outcry

• Bill Walton
Oh man, I haven't played SOCOM since the PS2 online days with the first one.  Good old ladder glitch.

The Socom wall slide was one of the best glitches of all time. Also, the reload slide was great/frustrating. Those were the type of things that made socom amazing and unique.
2011 PAPOUG CHAMPION

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 08:47:23 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!

The Socom wall slide was one of the best glitches of all time. Also, the reload slide was great/frustrating. Those were the type of things that made socom amazing and unique.

istill rock my ps2..

i jus got dat marvel vs capcom 2..ya heard me..?

socom was fun..i jus send the dudes out and id follow with a huge machine gun..fun that way..stealth is fun but i prefer goin in like rambo 3..

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 08:58:20 PM »

Offline outcry

• Bill Walton

istill rock my ps2..

i jus got dat marvel vs capcom 2..ya heard me..?

socom was fun..i jus send the dudes out and id follow with a huge machine gun..fun that way..stealth is fun but i prefer goin in like rambo 3..

Did you play online?
2011 PAPOUG CHAMPION

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 09:15:59 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
naw man...i played that story mode..

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 09:21:49 PM »

Offline JerseyKid.

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Our heart will prevail.
I've been playing the beta, i don't think ill be addicted to it like i was with socom 2 ( played that from day 1 for YEARS ) but im definitely going to buy it.

As silly as it sounds, i really do miss the socom 2 days - made alot of friends on there. Nothing can bring back how great that game was, and it was in the perfect time for me.

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 10:14:25 PM »

Offline outcry

• Bill Walton
I've been playing the beta, i don't think ill be addicted to it like i was with socom 2 ( played that from day 1 for YEARS ) but im definitely going to buy it.

As silly as it sounds, i really do miss the socom 2 days - made alot of friends on there. Nothing can bring back how great that game was, and it was in the perfect time for me.

Same. I remember vividly the the last day of freshman year of high school. I couldn't wait to get home to play Socom 1. I played that game the whole summer, all day and every day. Socom 1 and 2 were a HUGE part of my growing up. I actually still have contact with some people I played with in Socom 1 and 2. It's kind of weird.
2011 PAPOUG CHAMPION