Author Topic: OT: Playoff Tix  (Read 10254 times)

OT: Playoff Tix
« on: March 30, 2011, 08:00:16 AM »

Offline Rich

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
Hi All,
What are the pricing "tiers" for playoff tix?  I want to try today and tomorrow to get some to round 1 and I just want to know ahead of time what each tier is...I believe the cheapest are $12...But what does the next tier jump to from there?
Best,
Rich
Let’s go Celtics!!

Re: OT: Playoff Tix
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 08:48:05 AM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
$12 is only going to get you the upper balcony directly behind the baskets.  Expect it to jump significantly from there.  That's a 20% increase over the regular box office price.  I expect the more desirable seats to have much more than a 20% markup over box office.

The regular season box office price is (as printed in the pocket schedule):

$10 $48 $58 $68 $78 for balcony (end to corner to sideline to lower sideline)

$88 $98 $118 $128 $148 $178 $188 $198 $228 $298 $318 is for the loge (end to corner to sideline to center court to floors) 

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 11:07:44 AM »

Offline Rich

• Payton Pritchard
$12 is only going to get you the upper balcony directly behind the baskets.  Expect it to jump significantly from there.  That's a 20% increase over the regular box office price.  I expect the more desirable seats to have much more than a 20% markup over box office.

The regular season box office price is (as printed in the pocket schedule):

$10 $48 $58 $68 $78 for balcony (end to corner to sideline to lower sideline)

$88 $98 $118 $128 $148 $178 $188 $198 $228 $298 $318 is for the loge (end to corner to sideline to center court to floors) 

Thanks...totally just got shut out and got ZERO seats...i even couldn't get 70 dollar seats
Let’s go Celtics!!

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 11:12:22 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I got tickets but didnt like them so i gave them up, prob shouldnt have done that
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 11:15:27 AM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
I got tickets but didnt like them so i gave them up, prob shouldnt have done that

Wwwwhhhhhyyyyyy??????   ???
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 11:18:59 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

Wwwwhhhhhyyyyyy??????   ???

15th row, corner of the balcony for 78 a piece.  Not really interested in that
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 11:19:40 AM »

Offline Dr H

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11

I couldn't even really get ANY tickets..tried in home game 1, and got absolutely NOTHING to come up, and that was at exactly 11 o'clock. Only ticket I could get was if I searched for 1 ticket, best available and I forget which section it gave me, but it didn't matter because I'd be going with my girlfriend.

Tried game 2, got a match for a pair of tickets in loge 8 row 18...which is the corner loge, closest to the visitor's bench. But they were like $175/ea. plus the processing fee's and everything which is just a bit above my price range..I was hoping/praying to get an end seat behind the backboard which is a little bit cheaper, as that's where I usually get my seats. Thinking about it now I probably should've gone for it...and sacrificed in other areas lol

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 11:29:52 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

I couldn't even really get ANY tickets..tried in home game 1, and got absolutely NOTHING to come up, and that was at exactly 11 o'clock. Only ticket I could get was if I searched for 1 ticket, best available and I forget which section it gave me, but it didn't matter because I'd be going with my girlfriend.

Tried game 2, got a match for a pair of tickets in loge 8 row 18...which is the corner loge, closest to the visitor's bench. But they were like $175/ea. plus the processing fee's and everything which is just a bit above my price range..I was hoping/praying to get an end seat behind the backboard which is a little bit cheaper, as that's where I usually get my seats. Thinking about it now I probably should've gone for it...and sacrificed in other areas lol

DAng, i totally would have take the loge's haha.  Oh well they will have some more tomorrow when they go on sale to the general public

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 11:35:13 AM »

Offline Dr H

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11

DAng, i totally would have take the loge's haha.  Oh well they will have some more tomorrow when they go on sale to the general public

My thought process when they showed up: "Dang, I should do it but I don't think I have the money..I don't think my girlfriend will want to pay that much for her ticket, either. I'll pass."

My thought process after I passed it up: "son of a biscuit! this could be the last chance I get to see KG/RA/PP etc in person and I just passed it up..you can't put a price on that! kickin' myself now for not buying them"

So I'll probably do like you and everyone else and check again tomorrow and/or just save up in the short amount of time we have left and splurge for some tickets in one of the later rounds of the playoffs.

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 02:22:44 PM »

Offline Rich

• Payton Pritchard
If anyone has 2 they are selling for a "decent" price please PM me...round 1 game 1 or 2...or email: richmilleriii@yahoo.com
Let’s go Celtics!!

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 04:27:46 PM »

Offline Rich

• Payton Pritchard
Hi Guys,
After failing yesterday as well to get tix, I just wanted to check in here again.  If anyone has 2 extras to either rd 1 home game 1 or rd 1 home game 2 please contact a fellow Celtic fan...I am coming from NY like I do every year...Thanks all!!

Rich
richmilleriii@yahoo.com
Let’s go Celtics!!

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2011, 11:04:27 PM »

Offline Rich

• Payton Pritchard
Just bumping this b/c the game is next weekend and I am still looking for 2 tix to round 1 game 1...
Let’s go Celtics!!

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2011, 12:08:17 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Stubhub has tickets that are actually slightly better tickets than what Rondo says he got a chance to buy on ticketmaster.  Also, there is another broker site called www.bigstub.com that I bought tickets from last week.  I found online there is a discount code "APRILVIP" that saves you $20 off your order.  I forget when it expires, I think the 20th?  Ticketliquidator.com had a similar discount code too, if you google search it you can find it.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2011, 09:11:58 AM »

Offline Mike

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 18
There are some tickets available on ticketmaster for game 2 in section 325 still: http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/01004678AC087EC3?artistid=805903&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=7

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2011, 04:01:56 PM »

Offline Rich

• Payton Pritchard
I am looking for Game 1 only.  I know there are people out there who got the really cheap seats, let a true fan experience the game for a reasonable price!!!!
Let’s go Celtics!!