Author Topic: Anyone see pic of the Joker?  (Read 29717 times)

Re: Anyone see pic of the Joker?
« Reply #75 on: December 25, 2007, 04:33:15 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
This is one of those threads that never dies lol
Hahaha  ;D ;D  very true

I was wondering where this thread would go after the photos ... cool photos ... brilliant thread. Very interesting to read over.

« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2008, 09:49:10 AM »

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Here is the new Dark Knight poster.

The page that leads to the poster goes on to say "two days" at the bottom of the page.  When clicking on the pictures it comes with a location and says to gather with 300 of your closet friends which is accompanied by a clock counting down to the 28th.  Could be a new trailer being released, it the text you have capitalized "TRAIL" and "ER".

http://www.whysoserious.com/itsallpartoftheplan/

« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 10:10:47 AM by Scott »

« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2008, 11:45:30 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I'm just as excited for this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL5H2-iOsUY
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2008, 01:17:39 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
I'm just as excited for this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL5H2-iOsUY

Wow that looks amazing, can't believe I haven't heard about this until now, looks like it will be in the animatrix style, with different interpretations of the same theme. Batman has been my favorite since I was a very little kid, and will always have a special place in my heart, I love seeing him finally getting treated with the respect he deserves.

« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2008, 01:28:43 PM »

Offline Moneyshot

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
I love the new poster. It's a perfect representation of everything I heard the film will be like. Also that anime looks like it will be amazing too. They actually got the person who voiced Batman in the original Batman Animated Series to voice him in this. And yes, that new viral game is going to lead to the new trailer. At the New York Comic Con a week or so ago they made a surprise showing of it and said that it was going to be out in a couple weeks. Here's some descriptions from multiple sources about what's in the trailer for those who want to know:

- After a breathtaking shot of Batman perched high above Gotham, a voiceover from Heath Ledger’s Joker asks “Where do we begin?” Batman glides through the city.

- “Kill the Batman,” the Joker states to an adjoined meeting of mob bosses, before an explosion is shown and the subsequent showing of a Joker card. This seemingly gels with the suspicion that the Joker is controlling the mob through ransom (after robbing the mob-run bank in the IMAX preview).

- The Jokers first appearance has him at a meeting with the heads of all the mob families (kind of like in Batman 89). In a kind of insulting manner, he questions them how a few months ago they ruled the city, but how now can't even show their faces. Then says the "Kill the Batman line".

-The trailer revealed what appeared to be the genesis of Joker's rise to power in Gotham, with him meeting with a group of people (the mob?), saying the answer to their problems is to kill Batman.

- They also show a little more of the sequence where he and his goons raid Bruce's penthouse. He says something along the lines of "Ladies and Gentleman, we'll be your entertainment for this evening!" right before the shot of him cocking his gun up in the air shown in the previous trailer. He sounds almost playful, in a very wrong sort of way. The "Ladies and Gentlemen!" line is 100% pure Joker concentrate. It then shows him advancing towards Rachel, combing through his hair in an attempt to look somewhat presentable, and he makes some kind of remark on how pretty she looks. Uber-creepy.

- The shot of him approaching Rachel and combing through his hair (while holding a knife) is CREEPY. He's got this innocent schoolboy look on face, like he's about to ask his first crush out on a date.

- After several shots of Harvey Dent in District Attorney mode, we finally get everyone together as the Joker invades a fancy bash with Bruce Wayne (Christopher Nolan), Alfred (Michael Caine), Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart) and Rachel Dawes (Maggie Gyllenhaal). Sadly, the scene wasn’t topped off by the Penguin crashing through the floor on a giant duck.

- “The dawn is coming” says Dent in a voiceover.

- The Joker mutters “Here we go” before walking down a city street blowing stuff up in one particularly awesome scene.

- In one of the most foreboding moments of the trailer, Dent emphatically states “You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” Harvey Dent, of course, backwardly referencing his future transformation into super-villain “Two-Face.”

- Overall, I'd say the trailers split up pretty equally between Bruce/Batman, Joker and Dent. Again, not a lot of fighting, but you get a sense of the relationship between all three.

-Dent really comes off as a man trying to do what is right. Juxtaposed with the shots of him on floor screaming "NOOOOO!!" and the acid or gasoline spilling on the floor around him, you feel sorry for him, knowing what his fate is.

- Not a whole lot of Batman's story-arc is revealed. Bruce's relationship with Rachel is brought up, but most of the shots of Batman are just visually stunning, and epic rather than informative of his role in the plot (like we don't know anyways).

- Our eyes may have been playing tricks on us, but it certainly looked like the Joker drops Dawes at some point. The length of said drop is uncertain.

I can't wait to see the part where the Joker is combing through his hair at the party.

« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2008, 10:12:16 AM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
here is the new trailer...leaked.  pretty poor quality, and it is going to get taken down soon.  watch it while you can.

http://www.cinemablend.com:80/new/Dark-Knight-Trailer-Leaked-Online-8669.html

« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2008, 10:28:40 AM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
funny how they skipped the death of robin...i read the comic back in the day....that would be a kool story..

also i've read about batman vs superman...in the comic i think superman had an heart attack or sumthin while they where scrappin..also the comic spiderman vs wolverine was classic...that would be a good flix...

« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2008, 10:37:16 AM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
funny how they skipped the death of robin...i read the comic back in the day....that would be a kool story..

also i've read about batman vs superman...in the comic i think superman had an heart attack or sumthin while they where scrappin..also the comic spiderman vs wolverine was classic...that would be a good flix...

they havent skipped robin (although i doubt they will include him in these new sets).  the new set of batmans started before bruce wayne was batman.

i think batmna v superman or spiderman v wolverine is stupid.  first, it lacks any creativity to just take two already established characters and pit them against each other.  second, why would two 'hero's' fight each other.  thats my take anyway.

« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2008, 10:09:55 AM »

Offline Moneyshot

• Brad Stevens
New Dark Knight Trailer is up here: http://whysoserious.com/happytrails/trailer.htm

In the trailer there is a brief pic of Two-Face, although you can only see a little scarring because of the side they are showing. In the trailer they hint at Two-Face by showing that liquid tip over and Dent screaming "NO!!!":

« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2008, 11:21:00 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Two-Face will definitely be the main villain in the third movie.  I'm curious what they do about the Joker, though.  Rumor has it that the Joker had a fairly large part in the third movie, as well; if that's the case, how will they handle that, with Ledger's death?

I can't wait for this movie.  My girlfriend said "Oh, there's a new Batman movie coming out this summer?"  I felt like dumping her on the spot. ;)  I've been looking forward to this ever since they announced the sequel.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2008, 11:39:35 AM »

Offline bostonfan23

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 115
  • I just might be a basketball machine. -MS
I have an uncle who is an executive producer, lives in Hollywood. Chris Nolan, the director of the movie, lives next door.. he invited my uncle to a private screening of the movie about a month ago. He told me it was possibly the best film he has ever seen.

« Reply #86 on: June 17, 2008, 03:07:09 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
First glimpse of Two-Face:

http://www.whysoserious.com/myhero/

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2008, 09:25:16 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
I'm so excited for this movie.  Like, unhealthily so.  I can't remember the last time I was this pumped for a movie.  Maybe The Phantom Menace?

Here's the newest trailer.  Some great stuff in there:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1e5h8zo2N_U

One more week.  Can't wait.

« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2008, 09:39:22 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

they havent skipped robin (although i doubt they will include him in these new sets).  the new set of batmans started before bruce wayne was batman.

i think batmna v superman or spiderman v wolverine is stupid.  first, it lacks any creativity to just take two already established characters and pit them against each other.  second, why would two 'hero's' fight each other.  thats my take anyway.

If you read "The Dark Knight Returns" (what Thumper is referring to), you'll see an excellent buildup to a final Superman/Batman showdown.  Without spoiling too much, suffice to say Superman is firmly on the side of the American government, who frown upon an out-of-retirement Batman's return to vigilantism.  So both are still heroes, but have aligned themselves with different stances about the appropriate use of their powers.

Dark Knight Returns was one of the first major works by Frank Miller (who also wrote the original Sin City and The 300 graphic novels), and is BADASS.  What seems less plausible is the very human Batman standing a chance against the nearly invincible alien Superman, but the books make a good fight out of it anyway.

« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2008, 10:22:18 PM »

Offline Moneyshot

• Brad Stevens
Here's the review from Ebert & Roeper:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UELDTKPC-lo

Roeper isn't the only critic to say that the movie should be in consideration for Best Movie of the Year and Ledger for Best Supporting Actor. Man, I hope this week just flies by fast.