Author Topic: Anyone see pic of the Joker?  (Read 29711 times)

Re: Anyone see pic of the Joker?
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2007, 10:06:36 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
i wish studios would do more crossover stuff...like i read dark knight where batman fought superman....also marvel vs dc...

the new joker looks wicked...

I hear that for the new Ironman movie, they may be doing some of that, making tie-ins with new Hulk and Nick Fury movies, etc.  There's a rumor that some of the scenes in the various movies are going to be nearly identical, to tie them all together.

At one point, a Batman vs. Superman movie was in production, but I think that fell through.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2007, 10:13:25 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
There's a rumor that some of the scenes in the various movies are going to be nearly identical, to tie them all together.

that would be sweet...i feel like pulling out my old comics...

« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2007, 11:11:49 PM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
i wish studios would do more crossover stuff...like i read dark knight where batman fought superman....also marvel vs dc...

I hear that for the new Ironman movie, they may be doing some of that, making tie-ins with new Hulk and Nick Fury movies, etc.  There's a rumor that some of the scenes in the various movies are going to be nearly identical, to tie them all together.

At one point, a Batman vs. Superman movie was in production, but I think that fell through.

there is however a League of Justice movie in the works. there will be completely new characters playing superman and batman. one of the interesting casting choices i read was for green lantern which would be played by rapper/actor Common.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2007, 11:14:21 PM »

Offline Moneyshot

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13

Warner Bros. is in production for a Justice League of America movie.  It will have Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, the Flash and Green Lantern in it. But it is going to be completely independent and seperate from the current Batman and Superman movies going on.  So Christian Bale and Brandon Roth won't be playing Batman or Superman since it's not going to be connected to their movies.  In fact Bale said he wouldn't be a part of it if Christopher Nolan (Batman Begins, TDK director) wasn't a part of it.  This movie is going to be targeting kids more.  Someone turned down the role of Green Lantern because the movie was going to be too "popcorn." Although he did say it was going to be a cool movie.  Warner Bros. hopes to use this movie to spin off Green Lantern or the Flash into their own movies.

EDIT: bucknersrevenge beat me to it.

« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2007, 11:18:34 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
one of the interesting casting choices i read was for green lantern which would be played by rapper/actor Common.

common..?..from the justice league cartoon he fits with the goatee...good choice...i liked him in "smokin aces"...i hope these high profile actin gigs dont hurt his rappin...big fan of common since early 90's

« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2007, 11:19:13 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Warner Bros. hopes to use this movie to spin off Green Lantern or the Flash into their own movies.

That sucks, that they're going to try to spin Green Lantern off presumably into a cheesy action movie.  I was a big fan of Green Lantern growing up, and think that they could probably make a cool movie with the right direction.  Instead, they'll make a Fantastic Four / Punisher / Catwoman style disaster.  Plus, I think any Green Lantern movie should be centered around Hal Jordan, rather than John Stewart.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2007, 11:28:50 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
the flash would be boring...all he can do is run fast....simple story line....saves girl....fall in love with gril.....bad guy kidnaps girl....flash saves girl...kiss...the end..*snore*

« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2007, 11:43:46 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
i love catwoman. i think it's so bad that it's great. the one on one game is hysterical. i love how the makeup company has security standoing by and are ready to shoot to kill at a moments notice too. every scene in that movie is hilarious.

« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2007, 11:45:30 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
i thought the justice league was gonna be animation?

« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2007, 11:48:58 PM »

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108

I remember hearing this a while ago.  There was thing I found intersting while watching "I Am Legend."  There was a scene in deserted NYC that had a billboard with Batman's symbol with the red Superman "S" overlayed on it.  It probably means nothing but I'm sure it will get some others fired up.  Looking around the web it appears this is starting alot of discussion on various boards.

Here is an excerpt from an interview with Francis Lawerence (director) and the writers Mark Protosevich and Akiva Goldsman discussing the poster:

Where did the Superman vs. Batman movie poster, with a release date in 2010, come from?

Lawrence: That was Akiva's thing, by the way. He's the man behind all the movie posters, throughout the film.

Goldsman: One of the big changes from the source material, obviously, is the relocation to New York, which was something that we did because, novelistically, it's really very effective to render Los Angeles empty, but cinematically, Los Angeles is always empty, so it's very difficult to kind of really do that sort of stark "Oh, where did everybody go?" Very different in New York. ... And then once we got to New York, we just picked a specific date, and we built a sort of present, and I took every DC poster and character that I could think of that Warners hadn't made, slapped them up there. Some of them we got cleared and some of them we were just, we stalled, so that clearance never saw them, so I'm pretty sure that somebody owes somebody a lot of money for that Batman vs. Superman poster.

Lawrence: But we did some kind of fun stuff, too. There are certain things in Times Square. There's a bunch of the scene takes place around the TKTS kiosk, where you can buy tickets for the Broadway plays, and that's actually not built yet, but we got the designs from the city and actually built our set to be how it will look in the year when our viral apocalypse is supposed to happen.

http://www.scifi.com/sfw/interviews/sfw17559.html

« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2007, 11:56:13 PM »

Offline Moneyshot

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
i thought the justice league was gonna be animation?

That was the original rumor at the beginning, but it is going to be a live action movie.  It is supposed to have a lot of special effects, and maybe even motion capture animation during some scenes.

Scott, yeah that "Superman vs. Batman" poster was also kind of a nod to some comic fans.  One of the writers of "I am Legend" actually wrote a script for "Superman vs. Batman" but the movie never got the greenlight.

« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2007, 12:56:48 AM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
well it wouldnt be to good for the superman 2 and 3 cause in the dark knight i read they fought but in the end superman had a heart attack....then they show bruce wayne at the funeral...they both where a lil up in age..

« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2007, 04:43:24 PM »

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Also this summer "The Incredible Hulk" looks like it can be good.  They have new writers and cast and director behind this new film.  It's sorta like a new start for the Hulk series because it isn't really acknowledging anything from the previous film and the whole type of movie is going to be completely diferent from the first one.

I came across a rumor that is circulating over the net that Iron Man and Hulk will be shooting a scene together.  Please keep in mind that this is an unconfirmed rumor at this point.  Information comes from a report that AICN recieved from a supposed insider. 

There are some fuzzy politics going on with the Iron Man and Hulk movies - they're shooting a scene TOGETHER! The trouble is, I can't tell if its an Iron Man scene with the Hulk in in or a Hulk scene with IRON MAN in it, more interestingly, it's possible that the SAME SCENE or some variation of it might be in BOTH movies lending to the comic book / single universe, many heroes idea seen in the past - uber cool.

There is another bit of news that Sam Jackson will appear in Iron Man as Nick Fury.

This is interesting, and it plays into something we’ve been saying for a little while here at AICN. We broke the story earlier this year that Sam Jackson will appear in IRON MAN as Nick Fury. I heard from a completely different source that there might be a similar scene in THE INCREDIBLE HULK, something that was added late in the process.

Again, I don't know how much stock to put in all this.  In my opinion, the idea of the movies kind of crossing sounds really good.  Maybe too good to be true.  It may signal the start of a possible Avengers movie. 

« Reply #73 on: December 24, 2007, 07:01:13 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
  It may signal the start of a possible Avengers movie. 

i believe this is in the works, with matt [dang] playing capt america.  a black panther movie is said to be in the developental stages, with wesley snipes as the star. i dont like the idea of snipes being the lead role for a marvel movie, as his success with the blade series.

« Reply #74 on: December 24, 2007, 07:24:02 PM »

Offline tb727

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
This is one of those threads that never dies lol
Jay Wingspan Bilas