Author Topic: Anyone see pic of the Joker?  (Read 29713 times)

Anyone see pic of the Joker?
« on: May 21, 2007, 10:16:58 PM »

Offline jbp126

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
A new image from The Dark Knight is online and it is the first picture of the new Joker.  I think it is pretty cool and realistic, maybe what someone might look like after being dropped into a vat of chemicals and coming out alive and psychotic. Like it? Dislike it?

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/752/752133/img_4561410.html
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 10:35:03 PM by jbp126 »

Re: Anyone see pic of the Joker?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 10:46:20 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...

It's ok, It's definitely realistic, but isn't the Jokers face supposed to be stuck in a permanent grin?

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 10:48:56 PM »

Offline blazingarrow

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 45
anyone read "the killing joke"?

they should do it like that, where he happily shoots batgirl in the spine and cripples her.

stone cold pscyho, less cartoonish.

but this is some marilyn manson stuff here...i guess i'll wait and see.

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 11:01:12 PM »

Offline jbp126

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
It looks like someone gave him a Glasgow smile (mouth cut ear to ear) and he put red lipstick on to make it look like he's always smiling.  Hopefully he will be legit crazy in the movie and really smiling.

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 11:13:32 PM »

Offline redd1985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 21
Yeah, I read comics from time to time and follow the Batman movies and television shows closely (Yes, I love the Adam West and Christian Bale Batmans in their own ways).

I think Ledgers Joker reminds me of the Joker from Grant Morrisons "Arkham Asylum" from 1989. Very twisted, all the artwork is done with paint brushes. Its an interesting read.

Banner by Indeed Proceed

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 11:30:25 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
From what some of the talkbackers on Ain't it Cool News were saying, there's a high probability that this pic is a fake.  The site it was hosted on came off of a godaddy.com account (rather than via warner brothers), and was set up by known spammers.

If true, I like the concept.  I'm skeptical, though.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 11:47:17 PM »

Offline Moneyshot

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13

It's ok, It's definitely realistic, but isn't the Jokers face supposed to be stuck in a permanent grin?

No, that was only the Joker in Tim Burton's movie.

I'm a huge Batman fan and they have had a really cool marketing thing going on leading up to the release of this picture. All of the Batman fans on the comic boards had been going nuts for months about what the Joker was going to look like because of the rumors surrounding what the look was going to be. Personally I love the look because it had to be different than the Joker in the 1989 Batman movie. And the director, Chris Nolan, is looking to make him a lot more realistic, creepy and sinister. The character in the movie is inspired by the Joker's first appearance in comics in 1940 when he went around just killing a lot of people. And to prepare Heath Ledger for the role Nolan gave him a a copy of "The Killing Joke" to read. Ledger described his role as the Joker as "more nuanced and dark and more along the lines of 'a Clockwork Orange' kind of feel. Which is... what the comic book was after: less about his laugh and more about his eyes". So I can't wait to see how it comes out.

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 12:58:12 AM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
[link deleted and ban issued - G17]

That's what I saw months and months ago. I heard that the CG people showed up at Heath Ledger's doorstep one day and made a map of his face and this is what they designed.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 12:02:03 PM by Green17 »
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 01:05:59 AM »

Offline tallpaul

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
I thought this thread was about a picure of Danny Ainge with his painted-on smile after the Cs draw pick #4 in the lottery!

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 01:07:23 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I cant wait til we see an actual picture of the costume, both of these look pretty good. Dark and less flashy. Im still upset that Ledger was cast as the Joker however, i was rooting for Depp or Adrien Brody.

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007, 01:16:09 AM »

Offline Moneyshot

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
http://www.evilology.net/uploaded/joker2ge1nx.jpg

That's what I saw months and months ago. I heard that the CG people showed up at Heath Ledger's doorstep one day and made a map of his face and this is what they designed.

Actually that picture you posted was just a manip created by a fan. There are literally hundreds of fan created pictures of Heath Ledger (and other actors from before Ledger was cast) in Joker makeup of how they wanted the Joker to look. That one you posted is of another actor from before Ledger was cast. This is the first official picture of Ledger in makeup.

The only other picture of Ledger in Joker gear was from a month ago, but the shot was of poor quality. It was taken from someone without permission. Here it is:
http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=5530

I think Warner Bros. finally released an official shot of Ledger because they are going to be back in Chicago filming in the future and they don't want the first good pic of the Joker to be leaked, so they did a very cool way of unveiling it now themselves.

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2007, 07:07:41 AM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166
I cant wait til we see an actual picture of the costume, both of these look pretty good. Dark and less flashy. Im still upset that Ledger was cast as the Joker however, i was rooting for Depp or Adrien Brody.

I think ledger will be able to pull off a very good performance as the joker, especially ala killing joke.

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2007, 09:06:20 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
It just to bad for him that he will be compared to Jack's Joker. 

Don't like the look from the picture. 

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2007, 12:39:07 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I like it...I want a gnarly sinister clearly and obscenely psychotic joker...I want crappy make-up and lots of guts...I want a joker with make-up like Sig Haig in House of 1000 corpses...that kind of demented less finished...more crazy/dark/twisted kind of look.

And to prepare Heath Ledger for the role Nolan gave him a a copy of "The Killing Joke" to read. Ledger described his role as the Joker as "more nuanced and dark and more along the lines of 'a Clockwork Orange' kind of feel. Which is... what the comic book was after: less about his laugh and more about his eyes". So I can't wait to see how it comes out.

I also really like that...if Nolan has any sense he won't make this joker resemble Jack nick's at all.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2007, 12:59:40 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I like it...I want a gnarly sinister clearly and obscenely psychotic joker...I want crappy make-up and lots of guts...I want a joker with make-up like Sig Haig in House of 1000 corpses...that kind of demented less finished...more crazy/dark/twisted kind of look.

And to prepare Heath Ledger for the role Nolan gave him a a copy of "The Killing Joke" to read. Ledger described his role as the Joker as "more nuanced and dark and more along the lines of 'a Clockwork Orange' kind of feel. Which is... what the comic book was after: less about his laugh and more about his eyes". So I can't wait to see how it comes out.

I also really like that...if Nolan has any sense he won't make this joker resemble Jack nick's at all.

While I'm still not convinced that this pic is real, I'm a big fan of the scars in the shape of a smile.  It seems like something the truly psychotic Joker would do to himself. The Killing Joke is a classic, and if Ledger draws his inspiration from that, all the better.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions