Author Topic: Celtics (51-21) at Pacers (32-42) 3/28  (Read 105933 times)

Re: Celtics (51-21) at Pacers (32-42) 3/28
« Reply #510 on: March 28, 2011, 10:27:41 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 627
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Why do you guys as fans take HCA and the #1 so seriously?

The Celtics dont, and they prove they dont care by their play.

Celtics having to beat Miami and the bulls without home court isn't happening. I could see both those teams stealing a game at boston...meaning u have to win twice on the road.

« Reply #511 on: March 28, 2011, 10:29:28 PM »

Offline Megatron

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 136
Why do you guys as fans take HCA and the #1 so seriously?

The Celtics dont, and they prove they dont care by their play.

Celtics having to beat Miami and the bulls without home court isn't happening. I could see both those teams stealing a game at boston...meaning u have to win twice on the road.

And thats what they Celtics want.

If they cared and were scared of facing the Bulls and Miami then they wouldnt be playing like trash.

« Reply #512 on: March 28, 2011, 10:32:42 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
They are playing like trash because they are done. Finished. They beat philly maybe in six...they lose to Miami in six. Just don't have it this year...doc knows it

« Reply #513 on: March 28, 2011, 10:32:45 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
The trade is just an excuse for a lot of people but certainly not a cause.

So the slump coinciding with the trade, and the players talking about the loss of physicality and chemistry, is all just a big coincidence?

chemistry is one thing (back to your psyche comment).

but, to beat a dead horse, the Celtics were winning games without Perk at the start of the season.    I don't buy the physicality argument.

Edit: or at least, I don't buy that it's not something that can't be fixed with the addition of Shaq or JO.
Shaq or JO will not restore the chemistry rut and wreck that has become post-trade it's too late. That is besides the point mark my words those guys will be in constant foul trouble and give us hardly anything. 
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #514 on: March 28, 2011, 10:35:38 PM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215
They are playing like trash because they are done. Finished. They beat philly maybe in six...they lose to Miami in six. Just don't have it this year...doc knows it

Don't you want to at least see how this team plays in the playoffs before making statements like these again?

« Reply #515 on: March 28, 2011, 10:44:03 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Don't you want to at least see how this team plays in the playoffs before making statements like these again?

I have seen enough. I don't think shaq nor Jo will make a difference. Both will be gimpy. This team has lost its way...and I don't think they are good enough to just flip it. I don't trust them. I will go into the playoffs hoping to win some games...and will be shocked if they get on any kind of run

« Reply #516 on: March 28, 2011, 10:46:23 PM »

Offline dlpin

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 183

See you next year, then.

I am sorry, but it is so obvious that the celtics are saving up their legs for the playoffs and that is the real reason for the "slump."

Every game, the celtics absolutely destroy the other team for one quarter. Then they don't struggle. They simply don't put in the effort. They settle for 3s on one end and don't chase 3s on the other.

Now, does that mean we will beat Miami? Not necessarily, because Miami is good enough to beat anyone.

But to me it is so clear that they are simply slacking off to save their legs that it is hard to take the doom and gloom seriously.

« Reply #517 on: March 28, 2011, 10:49:31 PM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215

I have seen enough. I don't think shaq nor Jo will make a difference. Both will be gimpy. This team has lost its way...and I don't think they are good enough to just flip it. I don't trust them. I will go into the playoffs hoping to win some games...and will be shocked if they get on any kind of run

Honestly you could've written the same thing last year (you probably did?)...anyways, it's clear that the teams playoff hopes ride on Shaq and/or JO.

I won't make an opinion on this team until we see them come back.

« Reply #518 on: March 28, 2011, 10:53:31 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
It is more than saving their legs. I would buy that last year. Look at their body language...it is awful...watch doc....he doesn't know what to do. These guys are lost mentally...soft physically and not anywhere on the same page. Problem is a lot bigger than just saving themselves for the playoffs. I expect we see these same attributes when the playoffs start

« Reply #519 on: March 28, 2011, 10:55:36 PM »

Offline dlpin

• Jayson Tatum
It is more than saving their legs. I would buy that last year. Look at their body language...it is awful...watch doc....he doesn't know what to do. These guys are lost mentally...soft physically and not anywhere on the same page. Problem is a lot bigger than just saving themselves for the playoffs. I expect we see these same attributes when the playoffs start

I am pretty sure similar things were posted last year about last year's team.

« Reply #520 on: March 28, 2011, 11:02:26 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Last year they had a team that had been together forever and could afford to to save it....this year they have a new team pretty much other than five guys. They need this time to get it together not coast

« Reply #521 on: March 28, 2011, 11:09:38 PM »

Offline dlpin

• Jayson Tatum
Last year they had a team that had been together forever and could afford to to save it....this year they have a new team pretty much other than five guys. They need this time to get it together not coast

No. Last year the celtics had 6 guys in the rotation who had been on the team long term, and then Sheed, Daniels and Nate who were all with the team for less than a year.

This year we have 5 guys in the rotation who have been with the team long term. I doubt that 1 guy having been with the team long term makes a difference in this.

« Reply #522 on: March 29, 2011, 11:22:38 AM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32

You flip your point every post.

First, it was that the guys are tired.

Now it's that they have a new team, even though it seems like they have new guys every year since 07-08.

Very simply, wait until the playoffs to say they're done.