Author Topic: Celtics (50-21) at Timberwolves (17-56) 3/27  (Read 71557 times)

Re: Celtics (50-21) at Timberwolves (17-56) 3/27
« Reply #345 on: March 27, 2011, 10:17:26 PM »

Offline jimmywolfrey

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
Also, I legitimately think Jeff Green isn't that good. I'm not sure that I want him playing more minutes.

Though I would like Garnett to get some rest--fat chance of that with no depth on the frontline. Love that Jermaine O'Neal signing! How much did the Wolves spend on Darko? I'd rather have him!

Jeff Green ISS that good...but Doc is in love with Big Baby...

« Reply #346 on: March 27, 2011, 10:18:01 PM »

Offline IrishGreen

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17
Whoever JeffGreen4Prez is commenting on the Blog Post is an absolute moron.

Someone actually done that. That's comical!

« Reply #347 on: March 27, 2011, 10:20:58 PM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
the reason to play pierce less...he needs more rest. he hasn't been shooting well the last month. and we need green to get more acclimated to the team for the playoff run. you do that through playing time. green isn't better than pierce. but pierce could use some rest. he's had a few great games, but his shot has generally been pretty bad for the past month. maybe he needs some rest to get his legs back (one of the only things i can think of that is messing with his shot).

« Reply #348 on: March 27, 2011, 10:22:25 PM »

Offline jimmywolfrey

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
Delonte has only had 1 assist this half. Only 5 total for the team.

Same number assists rondo had in 10 more mins last game (with 4 fewer turnovers). I dont think he's playing badly at all.

I agree.
How can anyone honestly say something negatively about Delonte's assist totals for tonights game and compare it to Rondo's assists totals?   I mean come on.  All Delonte was really allowed to do was dribble the ball down the court and start the play which was for anyone besides him.  Delonte was lucky to have the 5 assists and 6 shots he did.  He played well enough with the opportunities he had and made some opps out of nothing with his defense.  

« Reply #349 on: March 27, 2011, 10:33:51 PM »

Offline JohnBagleyValueMeal

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 176
  • It's not hard to work hard.
the reason to play pierce less...he needs more rest. he hasn't been shooting well the last month. and we need green to get more acclimated to the team for the playoff run. you do that through playing time. green isn't better than pierce. but pierce could use some rest. he's had a few great games, but his shot has generally been pretty bad for the past month. maybe he needs some rest to get his legs back (one of the only things i can think of that is messing with his shot).

FYI: Pierce has actually posted his third best shooting month of the season in March. There doesn't seem to be a drop-off you could attribute to fatigue.

October: .462
November: .521
December: .481
January: .541
February: .429
March: .482

That doesn't mean that he doesn't need rest, of course, but the stats show his shot isn't declining.
McHale's favorite ruse is putting paper in the mouths of sleeping teammates. "Try using one of these cocktail napkins," he said. "When just the edge sticks out of a guy's mouth, it looks like he's got fangs. The best part is when he wakes up."
-- Sports Illustrated, 12/19/1983

« Reply #350 on: March 27, 2011, 11:00:53 PM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
FYI: Pierce has actually posted his third best shooting month of the season in March. There doesn't seem to be a drop-off you could attribute to fatigue.
October: .462
November: .521
December: .481
January: .541
February: .429
March: .482
That doesn't mean that he doesn't need rest, of course, but the stats show his shot isn't declining.
my fault. on the aggregate, that is correct then. i did recall a few more horrid shooting nights this past month than normal, and that is true, but on the average, i guess this hasn't been as bad a month as i thought it was. still, yeah, i think we need to play green a lot more and cut down pierce's minutes a little. not because green is better, but because we need green to get more minutes before the playoffs and pierce could afford to get a little more rest. i assume once the o'neals are back next week that KG's minutes will go down slightly. hopefully delonte will be able to spell both ray and rondo, too.

« Reply #351 on: March 27, 2011, 11:12:40 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
There's no killer instinct w/these guys now. It's like they forgot how to bury teams after putting them on their backs.

I agree.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #352 on: March 28, 2011, 05:01:58 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Well losing a 25 point lead to the Wolves wasn't good but we got the win and that's all that matters, although I really thought Minny was going to hang on and actually win this one at some point.

Hopefully we will be OK for tonight's back to back but I'm bracing for the worst.

« Reply #353 on: March 28, 2011, 09:02:28 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
think positive
we won, rondo got a break
I would like to see all our guys that get good minutes get a game&practice off until the end of year.  All 3 ray, paul and kg do not look like themselves.  If our bench is THAT good lets get guys rested for playoff series.  Rondo comes back start green and have paul help coach.  Ray rests start dwest. etc etc