4 (20%)
Jimmer Fredette
0 (0%)
Kyrie Irving
6 (30%)
Derrick Williams
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: After watching last night's games, who do you think becomes the best NBA player?  (Read 19572 times)

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
All these guys had some amazing games last night and all are highly regarded in what is being considered a bad draft talentwise. So who do you think will be the best pro of the four.

Walker might be the fastest guy to come out of college since Rondo and he can shoot but is rather undersized.

Jimmer can shoot the lights out but has otherwise poor PG skills and poor defensive skills and not enough height or athleticism to convert to a 2 guard.

Kyrie Irving might be the total package, real deal as a PG but how concerned should one be that we have only seen him play 10 games at the college level and has played half those games versus poor competition?

Williams might be the best front court prospect in this draft yet is only 6'8" but he has a pro offensive game being able to shoot from outside, create his own shot, play in the post and rebound.

Me, I'm preferential to big guys with talent and Williams might not be huge but he has loads of talent. Irving might be the best overall talent in the draft and Fredette the best shooter while Walker the most intriguing player.

But who will be the best pro?

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Kemba and Jimmer are both undersized, Jimmer cant guard at all.

I haven't seen Kyrie play too much so I can't really judge him in context.

I think Williams will be the best in the Pros.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I don't think Walker and Fredette should even be in the discussion.  Both of those guys are 3rd guards at best in the NBA, while Irving and Williams could be real stars.

Gun to my head, I will go with Irving, but Williams has really impressed me.

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Tie for 1st between Irving/Williams.

I really need to see more of Irving but you can tell the kid is gifted.  Williams is a heckvua athlete.  I just hope he doesn't come down with Marvin Williams syndrome.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Williams sealed it for me when he outran Irving for a loose ball from an equal start.  Dude is like a slightly less powerful Blake Griffin with much better range.  If his head is on straight he could be very good. 

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
I threw Walker and Fredette in there because all four guys had some amazing nights(though I guess Jimmer's night could have something to do with throwing up 36 shots, FTs and FGs combined). I agree though that Walker and Fredette aren't in the same league as the other two but I think you would be amazed at the amount of people who would think otherwise.

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Williams might be the best front court prospect in this draft yet is only 6'8" but he has a pro offensive game being able to shoot from outside, create his own shot, play in the post and rebound.

People were saying similar things about Landry Fields (although clearly not as much). I think the NBA is moving towards an era where guys with Fields' skill set, or Jeff Green's, or Ryan Gomes/Jared Dudley will find a home out of what would've been considered their 'natural' position in college.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
I threw Walker and Fredette in there because all four guys had some amazing nights(though I guess Jimmer's night could have something to do with throwing up 36 shots, FTs and FGs combined). I agree though that Walker and Fredette aren't in the same league as the other two but I think you would be amazed at the amount of people who would think otherwise.

I wonder if Jimmer's night hurt his draft stock.  I know I came away thinking for the first time he was a total ball hog with terrible shot selection.

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I agree though that Walker and Fredette aren't in the same league as the other two but I think you would be amazed at the amount of people who would think otherwise.

Big scoring numbers and media attention go a long way. 

I will say though that while Fredette has looked like a pure volume scorer, Walker has a much broader skillset and can play pretty good D at times too.  I think he'll have to rein in his offensive game a lot to fit in on a good team, but he'll be a NBA starter at some point.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
I agree though that Walker and Fredette aren't in the same league as the other two but I think you would be amazed at the amount of people who would think otherwise.

I will say though that while Fredette has looked like a pure volume scorer, Walker has a much broader skillset and can play pretty good D at times too.  I think he'll have to rein in his offensive game a lot to fit in on a good team, but he'll be a NBA starter at some point.

I am not so sure with Walker.  I don't think he is a good enough shooter or floor leader to make it as an undersized PG in the NBA.

I mean, I don't think he does anything better than Nate Robinson for example, and is reportedly, not much bigger (it will be interesting to see actual measurements).

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

I am not so sure with Walker.  I don't think he is a good enough shooter or floor leader to make it as an undersized PG in the NBA.

I mean, I don't think he does anything better than Nate Robinson for example, and is reportedly, not much bigger (it will be interesting to see actual measurements).

I wouldn't dismiss Walker by any means, I could see him being a very effective two guard. Maybe a smaller, faster version of Ben Gordon.

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I think Singler is going to be the best out what we saw last night.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

I wonder if Jimmer's night hurt his draft stock.  I know I came away thinking for the first time he was a total ball hog with terrible shot selection.
He's always been that guy.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Not to mention he showed a serious lack of passing skills and a whole lot of tunnel vision in that game last night. Is he a ball hog or does he just not see the floor well and/or have a great BBIQ for a PG?

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

I wouldn't dismiss Walker by any means, I could see him being a very effective two guard. Maybe a smaller, faster version of Ben Gordon.

The problem is, Ben Gordon is a great shooter.  Walker is average at best.  Plus, Gordon is probably 4-5 inches taller than Walker (who I have heard is closer to 5'9" or 5'10")...that is significant.  

If we were talking about an early second round pick, I would be all over Walker, because you can't teach heart, however, as a lottery pick, I would be beyond disappointed if my team took him.  

I think Singler is going to be the best out what we saw last night.

I like Singler as a late first round sleeper.  He will be a quality role player in the NBA.  But, I don't think he will be anywhere near as good as Irving and Williams.