Author Topic: Viewing Suggestion  (Read 2598 times)

Viewing Suggestion
« on: March 25, 2011, 10:21:31 AM »

Offline Cassidy122690

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 18
The wifey and I are headin up to Boston today.  She's interviewing at Mass General.  The "social function" portion of her interview is at a steakhouse, and, unfortunately, significant others are not invited.

And that means I need to find a good bar to watch the Cs.  Our hotel is near Mass Gen, so walking distance of that area would be ideal, I suppose - though, I'm not opposed to grabbing a cab or jumping on the train/trolley (whatever that thing is).

Your viewing suggestions are appreciated.
Out of Ireland have we come, great hatred, little room, maimed us at the start. I carry from my mother's womb a fanatic heart.  W.B. Yeats

Re: Viewing Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 10:32:04 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
The wifey and I are headin up to Boston today.  She's interviewing at Mass General.  The "social function" portion of her interview is at a steakhouse, and, unfortunately, significant others are not invited.

And that means I need to find a good bar to watch the Cs.  Our hotel is near Mass Gen, so walking distance of that area would be ideal, I suppose - though, I'm not opposed to grabbing a cab or jumping on the train/trolley (whatever that thing is).

Your viewing suggestions are appreciated.

The 4's or Hurricane oreillys by the garden, may want to hop on the t to get there but well worth it
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

Re: Viewing Suggestion
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 10:33:30 AM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 126
  • Another undersized Celtic...
Mass General is about a 15 minute walk to the Garden. If you go up Cambridge Street, bang a left on Staniford Street near the top of the hill, you walk down to the bottom of that small hill and you will see the green TD GARDEN sign at street level. Head for that, look to your right and theirs a bunch of very busy bars there like the Harp (go to the basement) or the Fours. If you want to stay really close to the hospital, just go to Charles street (a  block below the hospital) and walk down to Sevens, a tiny hole in the wall where the game will definitely be on. it's about a 1/3 of the way down the street and usually have a bunch of locals in it. Not like a college bar or anything. Stay clear of Harvard Gardens :)