Author Topic: Kenneth Faried  (Read 8337 times)

Kenneth Faried
« on: March 20, 2011, 06:43:07 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
Fun player to watch - energy hustle guy who gets a ton of boards - I think he could be there near the end of the 1st round (or for a pick that could be bought) - Could he be the next Ben Wallace? 

When you love life, life loves you right back

Re: Kenneth Faried
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 06:47:37 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I haven't started thinking about the NBA draft yet, but I did like the hustle that I saw from him in the NCAAB tournament.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 07:11:39 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
There has been some talk lately about Faried moving up to the #16-#22 range in the first round. An early pick in the second half of the first round. It'll be interesting to see how his draft stock changes over the next couple of months.

If he is available, he sounds like a terrific pickup for the Celtics.

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 08:22:27 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
I didn't catch the Morehead Louisville game, but I did see him agaisnt Richmond and wasn't very impressed.

Ik he's the all time leading rebounder in college basketball, so the guy has to be pretty good.  I definitely wouldn't mind getting the guy just for his rebounding one of our biggest needs.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 10:38:54 PM »

Offline husker

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 0
he reminds me of paul millsap...big time rebounder coming out of a smaller college

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 07:38:30 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
After reading a bit more about Faried, I am a bit worried about his defense and what position he'll play in the NBA.

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 07:46:41 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
If possible I would love to get Chris Singleton.  Excellent Defender, great size for a SF, and has really improved his jump shot.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 09:21:28 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He might be a poor man's Dennis Rodman but I don't so.  I have been wrong before.  He is short for PF and C.  He doesn't defend super well and his offensive game is downright offensive.  Purely one dimensional and the perfect guy for MIA.

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 09:37:34 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Having watched faired, i think he will be a great nba rebounder but his other skills will make it tough for him to hold down a starting job like humphries is doing this year.Would be able to be a double double guy on a bad team just by his effort.On a good team Faried will be a guy who is a sold off the bench making hustle plays, getting rebounds, and finishing on the break but he will struggle in the half court offence and while defending bigger PFs.

I think he is a cross between reggie evans and jerome williams

If Big Baby isnt in our future plans then faried might be a nice option for us to fill his role 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 09:52:06 AM »

Offline Eeyore III

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 48
I agree that he'd be a sensible choice at the end of the first round. Or, among the sensible choices.

He's a cross between a poor man's Dennis Rodman and Hakeem Warrick.  He's a PF whose NBA skills are (1) ability to defend PF, (2) rebounding, and (3) he can run like a deer.  I can see him as a spare part on a running Rondo team in a couple of years.

You can't judge him on his conf. championship or NCAA appearances because, being The Man on his team, he got double- and triple-teamed the whole time.  That will never, ever happen in  his NBA career.

There's other decent choices where the Cs will be drafting, but Faried is one of them.
"People don't understand, if you can't live the rest of your life off one year in the NBA, you can't live off 21." -- Keon Clark

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 10:21:56 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
I want Jeremy Tyler.  Two years ago, everyone thought this kid was going to be the #1 pick in his draft, now he's really slipped.  He's playing Japan averaging 10 and 6 in about 15 minutes per game. 
do it

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 10:26:38 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I want Jeremy Tyler.  Two years ago, everyone thought this kid was going to be the #1 pick in his draft, now he's really slipped.  He's playing Japan averaging 10 and 6 in about 15 minutes per game. 

I think he would be an intriguing pick at the end of the first round.  Honestly, I don't think anyone knows what to expect from him at this point.  Even the draft web sites have almost nothing on him from the last year+.  But we do know he was a heck of a talent in highschool, and has some potential. 

Considering how weak this draft is, and that the C's will be way at the bottom of the first round, I would not mind taking a flyer on someone like that at all.

As far as Faried goes, he will be gone well before the C's pick, and I am not sold on him enough to consider trading up.  I think he will end up in the early to mid teens as teams start working guys out, and more and more underclassmen start dropping out under rumors of a lockout. 

I do think he will be an NBA player, but I am not sure he is much better than a guy like Balkman, who has been an end of the bench guy for the most part. 

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2011, 07:50:29 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
If possible I would love to get Chris Singleton.  Excellent Defender, great size for a SF, and has really improved his jump shot.

Don't know him too well but I like the profile alot....

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2011, 09:11:09 AM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Faried or Singleton in first would certainly upgrade defense....my sleeper in the second is Jackson emery of BYU....better d than Bradley

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2011, 04:09:21 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Don't know him too well but I like the profile alot....
I don't see us taking a SF this year now that we have Green.  I wouldn't mind a flyer on Marshon Brooks as a 6-5 SG.  Can create off the dribble and has good range.  Then again, with the fragility of our current big men, a center wouldn't be a bad idea but at that late in the first round you're looking at a project (and in a draft this weak, it'll be a major project).