Author Topic: Draft Jimmer to play Point.  (Read 18935 times)

Draft Jimmer to play Point.
« on: March 19, 2011, 11:45:46 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I'm not saying he would start or he's better that Rajon, but he is 100% Yin to Rondo's Yang.

And the pick would make Rajon mad, which I think is a good thing.

I think for sure he makes it in the NBA as a point guard. Similar to Steph Curry.

He is a MUCH better athlete that I thought, he is  at times three feet  off the floor on his Jumpshots and that will translate to the NBA.

And the thought of having a legit shooting threat with the big three is very interesting.

And if we keep Delonte they could play with each other in the Backcourt.

He's a special player, he won't fail in the NBA, IMO.

Also a great passer, He's unselfish yet he knows he's the man and has Supreme confidence. (unlike Jeff Green) He's also stronger that Kristic looks   8)

Re: Draft Jimmer to play Point.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 11:47:20 PM »

Offline Megatron

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 136
Overrated in my opinion

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 02:32:05 AM »

Offline steve

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
Overrated in my opinion

He's not overrated as far as a college player.  He's really good.  And nobody can stop him. 

And actually he's not really overrated as far as an NBA prospect... he's projected around the 8th pick in a weak draft.  At worse he's JJ Redick.   

He's better than Nash was when Nash was in college... I'm just saying, you never know.   

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 03:18:09 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Considering his best comparison is JJ Redick he might struggle to adjust to the NBA for a while. It took Redick years to get to where he could defend enough to earn minutes.

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 03:35:38 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Yeah, I think he'll be JJ Redick or Kyle Korver, probably.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 04:16:15 AM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"

How does his game resemble these players' games?

Besides race.

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 04:22:17 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
Considering his best comparison is JJ Redick he might struggle to adjust to the NBA for a while. It took Redick years to get to where he could defend enough to earn minutes.

Adam Morrison's NBA comparison was Larry Bird, so that goes both ways.

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 04:32:23 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

Besides race.

Excellent college shooter/scorer but doesn't have the body to be a star at the next level. Will be a great shooter in the NBA, but will suck so back defensively that he can't start on a contending team.

Sounds like Korver and Redick to me.

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 04:44:53 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228

Besides race.

Excellent college shooter/scorer but doesn't have the body to be a star at the next level. Will be a great shooter in the NBA, but will suck so back defensively that he can't start on a contending team.

Korver and Redick are shooting guards. Jimmer is a true point guard, not a combo guard or a shooting guard. He is a phenomenal shooter and scorer, with tremendous basketball intelligence. Why not compare him to Steve Nash? Doesn't that make more sense?

There's more to basketball than having a "great body" or "great athletic skills." When you draft for those things, sometimes you end up getting Kwame Brown, Gerald Green, Michael Olowokandi, Darko Milicic, Kedrick Brown, etc., etc., the list goes on and on.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 04:50:22 AM by KungPoweChicken »

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 07:46:08 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

Besides race.

Two points:

1 - Does that accurately describe Redick?
2 - How come only white guys get mentioned together on topics like this? There are so many black players who are far more one dimensional (shooting only) than Redick.

Sometimes people even lump in multi-dimensional guys like Mike Miller just to satisfy a stereotype. The most outrageous was when people used to do it to Hinrich, though everyone seems to have learned that he can D over the last two years - perhaps due to our playoff matchup.

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 08:59:22 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I also think you could compare him to Stephen Curry.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 09:04:43 AM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
Jimmer is special, and I don't think that it's easy to tell how he will fare in the NBA. Wojnarowski did a breakdown of him a few weeks ago. The most used comparison is Curry.

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 09:37:22 AM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Mute point....he will be drafted long before C's pick, but, in my latest mock draft, I have C's taking his teammated in the second round....Jackson Emery....sleeper with excellent "d"

Unfortunately, I took Gonzaga over BYU in my bracket

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2011, 10:17:21 AM »

Offline ballin

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105

Besides race.

Two points:

1 - Does that accurately describe Redick?
2 - How come only white guys get mentioned together on topics like this? There are so many black players who are far more one dimensional (shooting only) than Redick.

Sometimes people even lump in multi-dimensional guys like Mike Miller just to satisfy a stereotype. The most outrageous was when people used to do it to Hinrich, though everyone seems to have learned that he can D over the last two years - perhaps due to our playoff matchup.

I've got to agree that I'm sick of people saying "player x is like player y" simply because they're both white. That said, Fredette probably WILL be similar to Redick in my opinion; I think the comparison is apt.

But as far as my evaluation of his talent is concerned, dude is definitely a chucker. He is not a point guard by any means... I've never seen somebody so unwilling to pass.

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2011, 11:14:53 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Adam Morrison's NBA comparison was Larry Bird, so that goes both ways.

Wasn't the same true for, ulp, Michael Smith?