Author Topic: 2011 NCAA Tournament  (Read 26477 times)

Re: 2011 NCAA Tournament
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2011, 08:41:31 PM »

Offline IrishGreen

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17
I loves me some Kemba Walker.  ;D  And the Huskies take a 32-25 lead into halftime.

Only because 'The Beast' Derrick Williams is in foul trouble.

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2011, 09:41:57 PM »

Offline lovely_20

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
  • Jesus Saves
I loves me some Kemba Walker.  ;D  And the Huskies take a 32-25 lead into halftime.

Only because 'The Beast' Derrick Williams is in foul trouble.

Well, he and Arizona had two chances at the three ball to get the win, but couldn't knock it down.  Thus, UConn is headed to the Final Four in Houston.
"Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin' back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?""

Jesus Shuttlesworth, "He Got Game"

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2011, 03:07:58 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
VCU is taking it to Kansas right now... Up 17!  Lovin it!
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2011, 04:51:40 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Crazy.  VCU vs. Butler in the Final Four.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2011, 08:14:22 PM »

Offline lovely_20

• Jaylen Brown
  • Jesus Saves
And UConn vs. Kentucky.   8)
"Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin' back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?""

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2011, 02:56:08 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
I am convinced now that the NCAA Tournament doesn't always determine the best team in college basketball.  It does though determine a true champion and sometimes a champion isn't always the best team. 

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2011, 03:05:57 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I am convinced now that the NCAA Tournament doesn't always determine the best team in college basketball.  It does though determine a true champion and sometimes a champion isn't always the best team. 

Definitely not...single-elimination games always have a greater chance of seeing the better team lose.  One of the nice things about the NBA playoffs is that it's almost impossible to fluke your way into a series win.  You can beat a team once or twice on luck, but to beat them four times you have to outplay them.

The NCAA setup is a lot more exciting, though  :)

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2011, 04:05:24 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen

Definitely not...single-elimination games always have a greater chance of seeing the better team lose.  One of the nice things about the NBA playoffs is that it's almost impossible to fluke your way into a series win.  You can beat a team once or twice on luck, but to beat them four times you have to outplay them.

Definitely not that it doesn't always determine who the best team is or that it determines a true champion?

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2011, 05:07:35 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

Definitely not that it doesn't always determine who the best team is or that it determines a true champion?

Definitely doesn't always determine the best team.  But it's such a gauntlet and so easy to fail that absolutely, the teams that play like champions during the tourney tend to be in the mix at the end. 

Heck, Kentucky and Butler both needed buzzer-beaters just to get out of the first round.  VCU had to play in a round that didn't really exist last year, then go punch a 1 seed in the teeth 2 days after an OT game.  And UConn gelled at just the right time.  All playing like champs in my book.

« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2011, 04:26:57 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
Alright lets here those picks for the National Championship game tonight...

I got another nail bitter this year, like lasts, but with Butler coming out on top this time.

« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2011, 04:38:18 PM »

Offline lovely_20

• Jaylen Brown
  • Jesus Saves

I got another nail bitter this year, like lasts, but with Butler coming out on top this time.

I don't think so! UConn all the way, baby!  ;D

« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2011, 04:40:52 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Do it, Kemba!!

« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2011, 04:45:20 PM »

Offline lovely_20

• Jaylen Brown
  • Jesus Saves

Do it, Kemba!!

Who could very well be going into the draft this summer.

« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2011, 07:11:55 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
Rooting for Butler, but they're the underdog for sure.  But UConn is more beatable than Duke was last year, and Butler almost pulled that off.  Hope they get it done tonight.

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2011, 07:54:57 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
Rooting for Butler! It should be a great game.  I think Lamb is going to be the wild card.  Mack/Howard and Walker/Oriakhi will probably be a wash.  If Lamb comes in, hits some outside shots and opens things up for UConn, it'll make things much easier for Kemba.
do it