Author Topic: Should Perk fans "let it go", or is there still stuff to talk about?  (Read 38811 times)

Re: Should Perk fans "let it go", or is there still stuff to talk about?
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2011, 02:49:20 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
Someone tweeted that a Facebook page has been created (hit the "like" button) that Krstic leaves bigger tips than Perk, but that Perk would always flush the toilet immediately after using the restroom.  There is a running debate on which of these socially polite deeds is better. 

On one hand, I can appreciate those who flush the toilet...but then again, I can also understand how the big tips could be worthy of higher praise...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2011, 02:51:02 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
So does everyone really believe that comparing EVERY game that Perk plays against every game that Krstic plays is smart debate?

Is it smart to sing Krstic's praises after every rebound he gets or after every game we have a thread that tries to weigh Krstic in gold.

"We made out like bandits" "Krstic, early in trade but what a find" etc.

"Lowly peons" like me are not yet completely sold on this trade either. Sorry, if I don't have blind faith in Danny like you do.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2011, 02:51:57 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
So does everyone really believe that comparing EVERY game that Perk plays against every game that Krstic plays is smart debate?

Is it smart to sing Krstic's praises after every rebound he gets or after every game we have a thread that tries to weigh Krstic in gold.

"Lowly peons" like me are not yet completely sold on this trade either. Sorry, if I don't have blind faith in Danny like you do.

You sure like to follow me around, don't you? :)  I'm honored...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2011, 02:53:07 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

I took that as meaning that neither of them should cause that reaction, whether you are for the trade, or against it... 

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2011, 02:57:19 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides

I took that as meaning that neither of them should cause that reaction, whether you are for the trade, or against it... 

Mostly yes. But I don't see anyone ever say that we are "obsessing" about Krstic. It's only when someone talks about Perk that a lot of the people here suddenly get offended and realise that there are too many Perk threads.

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2011, 02:59:00 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides

You sure like to follow me around, don't you? :)  I'm honored...

No, don't you see what I'm doing...I'm a lowly peon who is simply kissing Roy's behind.

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2011, 03:06:39 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
Wow, tensions seem to be running a little high around here...is it cause the C's have lost some games they should have won?

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2011, 03:24:23 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
I'd say we'll let it go when we win the title.  If we get bounced out by Howard or Bynum going off in a couple games, expect a lot more outraged posts from people.

Bottom line is when a team that has been playing at a championship level you don't go shaking up the roster.  Last year was the opposite, when our team was playing bad everyone was begging for a trade.  We took a huge risk gambling on the health of Shaq and JO and until we see them playing again at a high level not everyone is gonna be happy with the trade.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2011, 05:03:29 PM »

Offline ballin

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105
I'd say we'll let it go when we win the title.  If we get bounced out by Howard or Bynum going off in a couple games, expect a lot more outraged posts from people.

Bottom line is when a team that has been playing at a championship level you don't go shaking up the roster.  Last year was the opposite, when our team was playing bad everyone was begging for a trade.  We took a huge risk gambling on the health of Shaq and JO and until we see them playing again at a high level not everyone is gonna be happy with the trade.

Exactly. I believe that even if Shaq and JO weren't healthy, a team with Perkins starting and Davis + Semih backing up at center could have won a title.

But a team with Krstic starting and Murphy backing up? Highly doubtful.

It was a gamble, and we'll see whether or not it pays off. Frankly, I doubt that it will. This trade makes me think that we'll need Shaq for 30 minutes a night to have a chance.

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2011, 05:05:26 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Exactly. I believe that even if Shaq and JO weren't healthy, a team with Perkins starting and Davis + Semih backing up at center could have won a title.

It was a gamble, and we'll see whether or not it pays off. Frankly, I doubt that it will. This trade makes me think that we'll need Shaq for 30 minutes a night to have a chance.

I don't think either of those combination would win a title.  One of this teams strengths is its depth up front, and without that, I don't think the can compete with the Lakers, Heat, or Magic. 

Perk or no Perk, they absolutely needed at least one of the Oneals to be healthy for the playoffs to compete IMO. 

« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2011, 05:25:58 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Support him any way we can as fans. Still not sure what happened to Leon; but will continue to follow them all. Not a big Nate fan or a Harangody fan; but think we may regret letting Semih go. Also hope we don't forget Marquis. Would be disappointed if we did not support him as well. Solid player who was under appreciated. Now that we know more about what he was dealing with in terms of his earlier injury, have to really appreciate how he came back and gave it his all.

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2011, 05:28:03 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides
I guess there are plenty of Celtics fans who don't want to "let go" of Perk yet...Sherrod Blakely gets asked a lot question re: the trade.

Better 'D' pre-trade. Now, more versatile. RT @goldkiller1: @SherrodbCSN do you have an opinion of pre-trade Celtics vs. current Celtics ?

« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2011, 05:29:36 PM »

Offline Megatron

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 136
If we actually had our full team playing, including Shaq and JO. I dont think people would remember who Perkins was.

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2011, 05:34:14 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

I don't think either of those combination would win a title.  One of this teams strengths is its depth up front, and without that, I don't think the can compete with the Lakers, Heat, or Magic. 

Perk or no Perk, they absolutely needed at least one of the Oneals to be healthy for the playoffs to compete IMO. 
You're saying a young unexperienced Perk + an old hobbled PJ Brown can win a title, but you don't think an older much improved Perk + a 6th man candidate Baby could have?

Perk and Semih might not have been ideal but it certainly would have been better than Krstic and Murphy.  And if Shaq does end up coming back Perk could have completely changed the look of the bench.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2011, 05:36:47 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
If we actually had our full team playing, including Shaq and JO. I dont think people would remember who Perkins was.

I don't think that's true at all, but to each their own.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes