Author Topic: Jimmer Fredette will be a Celtic  (Read 13391 times)

Re: Jimmer Fredette will be a Celtic
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2011, 02:15:30 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
If we're trading up, I'd rather get Alec Burks or Markieff Morris. No need to trade up to draft a point guard when we have Rondo.  This draft is weak in terms of superstars, but theres going to be solid players at the back end of the first round who can help right away.  Guys like Marshon Brooks, Kenneth Faried, Jon Leuer etc.  If we don't see a guy who will be a definite all-star to trade up for, I'd rather just wait and take my chances.
do it

Re: Jimmer Fredette will be a Celtic
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2011, 04:07:40 PM »

Offline bbd24

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 118
If we're trading up, I'd rather get Alec Burks or Markieff Morris. No need to trade up to draft a point guard when we have Rondo.  This draft is weak in terms of superstars, but theres going to be solid players at the back end of the first round who can help right away.  Guys like Marshon Brooks, Kenneth Faried, Jon Leuer etc.  If we don't see a guy who will be a definite all-star to trade up for, I'd rather just wait and take my chances.

Speaking of Kansas' Marcus Morris, he had plenty to say about his team USA roomate....

SI's Luke Winn talked to another coverboy, Kansas' Marcus Morris, about Fredette. Morris and Fredette were teammates last summer in Las Vegas during the USA Basketball Select camp.

“He’s got heart. You can see he has a feel for the game, and he can SHOOT IT from anywhere. Even if you try to box-and-one the guy, he brings it up and just pulls up from the hashmark. That’s tough to guard," Morris said of Fredette. “He’s a great kid, too, if you’ve ever met Tyrel Reed on our team, he’s like that — Christian kid, is open about a lot of stuff.”

Winn also asked Morris about Jimmer's lifestyle.

“He just read his Bible. Maybe he went out to eat with his friends, but he came right back in, and he went to sleep early. He was over 21, and he didn’t gamble, anything like that. We were in Vegas, and he went to sleep early. But that’s just the type of guy he is — he doesn’t change for anybody.”

And finally, First Fan President Obama chimed in on Jimmer when filling out his NCAA Tournament brackets with ESPN.com's Andy Katz, saying, "Unbelievable. Best scorer obviously in the country."

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705368788/Jimmer-Fredette-Pres-Obama-chimes-in-on-Sports-Illustrated-cover-boy.html