Author Topic: Jimmer Fredette will be a Celtic  (Read 13392 times)

Re: Jimmer Fredette will be a Celtic
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2011, 12:39:34 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Where is Fredette projected? Late lottery?

A big tournament, and he could move up. How would the Celtics get a chance to draft him?

The suggested offer was a #1 this year, plus the Clippers pick next year (a potential lottery pick in a better draft.)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2011, 12:40:44 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I sure hope not. i can't stand this guy. The last thing we need is another undersized 2 guard that we try to mold into a point. (See; House, Robinson, West)

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2011, 12:41:52 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
Jimmer is being tremendously under estimated by most of you posting.   He is a more muscular & athletic Mark Price formerly of the late 80's Cavaliers, who was one dynamic of a player.Learning from a true PG like Rondo would do wonders for his game & he'll be all-star by his 5th season I believe. If he could get the passing skills down with his already high IQ he should be a no-brainer pick for Danny. And if I was GM I would take him top 3-5 he is that good.

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2011, 12:44:35 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Reminds me of a poor mans joe alexander

Are you talking about the 6'8" SF/PF who was a great athlete, but not much else?  Because unless you are talking about someone else, I don't see the comparison.

I think the comparison for Fredette would something in between Steph Curry and Dan Dickau.  The question is going to be whether he can defend anyone in the NBA.  Other than that, I have no questions whether he will be a successful offensive player. 
His ceiling is more Mark Price, but with more offensive moves.  Dickau is his floor, imo.

Yup, good call on Price. 

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2011, 12:45:04 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
yea, I really don't see the need for Jimmer with Rondo locked up at a favorable contract for the next 4 or 5 years. The C's should be looking at SG,PF and C in the next few draft . Jimmer doesn't seem like one of those cant miss prospects where you draft him even though you are all set at that position.

Don't get me wrong I would take him if he dropped in the draft, but not with a lottery pick

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2011, 12:57:11 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429

Reminds me of a poor mans joe alexander

Are you talking about the 6'8" SF/PF who was a great athlete, but not much else?  Because unless you are talking about someone else, I don't see the comparison.

I think the comparison for Fredette would something in between Steph Curry and Dan Dickau.  The question is going to be whether he can defend anyone in the NBA.  Other than that, I have no questions whether he will be a successful offensive player. 

A shorter Redick with a better handle?

This is the exact description I have been using for him.

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2011, 01:00:10 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Jimmer is being tremendously under estimated by most of you posting.   He is a more muscular & athletic Mark Price formerly of the late 80's Cavaliers, who was one dynamic of a player.Learning from a true PG like Rondo would do wonders for his game & he'll be all-star by his 5th season I believe. If he could get the passing skills down with his already high IQ he should be a no-brainer pick for Danny. And if I was GM I would take him top 3-5 he is that good.

No way is Fredette a top 3-5 pick in a normal year draft. However, this draft is so bad, who knows. The guy is small and if he plays the two guard he is going to get killed on the defensive end. I love the kid, but I don't think he will make a whole lot of noise in the NBA.

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2011, 01:03:03 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Whether it's religion/race or whatever.  Danny has completely desleazed the roster and brought in only character guys.  The only place he's come close to taking chances is small risk / minimum salary players...And very few of them.

If he likes Fredette's mix of character and talent....And Fredette is available, it wouldn't surprise me to see Danny draft or trade for him.

I'm with the people who think he's being underestimated.  This won't be Adam Morrison or Dickau.  Fredette shows a fearlessness and a confidence to match his offensive talents. 

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2011, 01:03:55 PM »

Offline bbd24

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 118
Danny doesn't draft by religion or college.  He drafts by the player and his ability.

I've never seen a guy like JF in college with the ability to pull up from nba range and knock down 3's in noses.  He's an incredible talent/shooter.

Having said that, I don't think Ainge reaches for him.  Not because of offense, but becaue of defense.  I don't think his defense translates to the NBA.  He'll be a heckuva offensive player, but he'll lack major points on the defensive side of things.  Just not sure he can stay with the NBA athlete.  He may prove me wrong, and I hope he does because he seems like a great kid with a great attitude.  But I just don't see it yet(defensively).

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2011, 01:16:07 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Danny doesn't draft by religion or college.  He drafts by the player and his ability.

I've never seen a guy like JF in college with the ability to pull up from nba range and knock down 3's in noses.  He's an incredible talent/shooter.

Having said that, I don't think Ainge reaches for him.  Not because of offense, but becaue of defense.  I don't think his defense translates to the NBA.  He'll be a heckuva offensive player, but he'll lack major points on the defensive side of things.  Just not sure he can stay with the NBA athlete.  He may prove me wrong, and I hope he does because he seems like a great kid with a great attitude.  But I just don't see it yet(defensively).

I see the defensive end being a big surprise.  There are a bunch of athletically challenged NBA players who play good defense strictly by virtue of effort and IQ.  Fredette seems to have both in abundance.

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2011, 01:16:54 PM »

Offline throwedoff

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
Eww I hope not his shot selection is terrible smh

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2011, 01:32:05 PM »

Offline bbd24

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

I see the defensive end being a big surprise.  There are a bunch of athletically challenged NBA players who play good defense strictly by virtue of effort and IQ.  Fredette seems to have both in abundance.

I hope so.  I'd like to see the kid succeed.  Seems like a good person with a huge heart for the game.  Tough not to root for him.  Especially with the amount of pathetic slugs in the game today.

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2011, 01:34:16 PM »

Offline Jirimania

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
My pipe dream?

Celtics trade their two picks in 2012 and draft Austin Rivers...

I can dream, can't I?

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2011, 01:53:26 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
My pipe dream?

I can dream, can't I?

that's what I want. Austin should say that he's not playing anywhere except for the celtics.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2011, 01:55:28 PM »

Offline bbd24

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
My pipe dream?

I can dream, can't I?

Thats not as far off as you think.  The 1st round Clipper pick could loom huge in any future move, depending on if it can be used that year or not.  Danny could package the two picks plus a player and be in the race for a major contributor.  Could have a ton of options going forward.