Author Topic: Perkins trade re-visited  (Read 15772 times)

Perkins trade re-visited
« on: March 14, 2011, 09:21:46 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25626
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
From tonight's game:

Perk: 6 points, 9 rebounds, 2 assists, 2-for-3 shooting

Green + Krstic:  13 points, 5 rebounds, 0 assists, 6-for-17 shooting

Oh, yeah, and Perk's team won.  Clearly, Danny got taken to the cleaners.  ;)

Just kidding, folks.  I know you can't cherry pick single night performances, especially after Green and Krstic have played mostly well over the past several games.  Still, I did want to congratulate Perk for having a nice game back.  Reports of his demise have been greatly exaggerated.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Perkins trade re-visited
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 09:27:07 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Perk had a great game back, 2 offensive rebounds too.  Good for him man, he deserves it.

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 09:28:51 PM »

Offline Marcus13

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 119
I'll always root for Perk...even though, albeit completely beyond control, he may have no cost this team two championships.

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 09:29:47 PM »

Offline Megatron

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 136
I think the basketball gods just cursed the Celtics. They just CANNOT win on the second night of back to backs, no matter who they are playing.

A high school basketball team would beat the celtics if they caught them on the second night of a back to back. The gods just dont want us winning these games for whatever reason.

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 09:48:26 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
I feel like the Cs have turned into the NBA version of Waiting for Guffman because the only chance we have at this point of doing anything in the playoffs is if both the ONeals can contribute and we keep being told they are on their way...

but they also can't show up the day before the playoffs start. maybe JO, but not Shaq. He needs to get PT with the starters.

On the trade, our starters have clearly lost their swagger since Perk is gone. People can throw any stat they wan't out there, but the eye test is incontrovertible. Perk was an important part of our mojo.

Shaq could help in the swagger department and then having Green on the bench could matter. but right now, until the starting unit gets functional, the bench really does not matter that much.

and seriously, when is Shaq returning? I want a date or I want more details about why we don't have a date.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 10:00:01 PM by winsomme »

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 10:06:20 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Glad Perk had a good game. Hopefully this will help everyone put the trade behind them and focus on doing their job. Perk is clearly trying to move on now we should too.

Green needs to have another big game when it matters for him to solidify his role. Krstic has shown what he can do on a consistent basis.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 12:11:16 AM by gar »

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 10:06:59 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
TP for the OP.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 11:38:30 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11848
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
My loyalties run deep and I will always love Perk and cheer for him.  It was good to see the big guy on the court again and even better to see him play well. 

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 11:43:14 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2970
Watching the Lakers play tonight, their BIGs are so healthy ....and seeing the C's sluggish outing makes me cringe.

Maybe Perk can help us still......BY KNOCKING the LAKERS out of the playoffs....... I feel sick..

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 12:02:21 AM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Magic are able to use their depth against lakers. We should be able to do the same.

Should Perk fans
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 01:32:54 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
The Celtics got the better deal in the trade.

We will still win banner 18 this season and we'll be set up for more success in the immediate future.

They're going to flip the switch come playoff time just like they did last season... and it almost worked last season.

Should Perk fans
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 01:37:41 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
I wonder how Perk will feel getting less shots on the Thunder.  I see he went 2-3.  The Celtics are a much more unselfish team, and really thrive on moving the ball around and just looking for the easiest oppurtunuity to score.  Even with Perk being the last offensive option when here, I think there he will get the ball even less.

I wonder how he will deal with that?

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2011, 02:09:07 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
From tonight's game:

Just kidding, folks.  I know you can't cherry pick single night performances, especially after Green and Krstic have played mostly well over the past several games.  Still, I did want to congratulate Perk for having a nice game back.  Reports of his demise have been greatly exaggerated.

Man Roy... I'm really surprised you hate the trade as much as you do.  We got a lot more talent than they did.   Lets "revisit" it in a couple months.

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2011, 02:14:01 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25626
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I broke off the "let it go" conversation, and moved it to the Comments & Remarks section.  Please post future comments about the appropriateness of this discussion in there.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2011, 02:14:19 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
From tonight's game:

Man Roy... I'm really surprised you hate the trade as much as you do.  We got a lot more talent than they did.   Lets "revisit" it in a couple months.

I'm all for revisiting the trade after the playoffs, but I think we should also discuss it as the season progresses because there are important elements happening now too. for instance, CHI has now caught us in the loss column for #1 seed. Not the hugest of deals, but a deal nonetheless...