Author Topic: N. H. Ladies High School Champions, Winnacunnet High School, Hampton, NH.  (Read 6888 times)

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I want to congratulate the Women of the Winnacunnet High School Basketball Team for winning their 5th Division 1 title in five years.  They have gone undefeated for 70 games in that stretch (77 games including non-League and out of state games...I believe they won a tournament in Orlando last year.)
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Very Nice, I didn't know about this story, but any highschool program that wins like that over the span of more than one high school class(4 years) is incredibly impressive.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Not to hijack here, but I think this is infinitely more impressive than the Uconn streak.  When you talk about competitive balance, and maintaining strength of a program without recruiting star players
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Not to hijack here, but I think this is infinitely more impressive than the Uconn streak.  When you talk about competitive balance, and maintaining strength of a program without recruiting star players
Are you sure they aren't recruiting?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

Nope just assuming its not a prep highschool, is it a local school thirsty or is it a prep school like BC high that recruits?

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
It is a public regional high school on the seacoast of N.H.  I went there myself 45+ years ago,  8).  The students come from four towns, Hampton, North Hampton, Hampton Falls, and Seabrook.  Hampton (the largest town) probably has 20,000 people in the winter, and, being a tourist town, 100,000 + on any given day in the summer.   The coach has done a remarkable job.  I think the article in the paper said he had won  the championship in 11 of 20 years...
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
No recruiting as far as I know...Public school
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

Offline hoopsfan

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 0
I saw this game and this team can play.  It's an unbelievable program led by a great coach.  Smallest school in largest school division.  No recruiting, this is just an ordinary public school.  Not only has the varsity team won 5 in a row and has this undefeated streak going (longest in the country I think) but the freshman and jv went undeafeated last year and the freshsman did this year and I think jv only lost a game. It's about all what's good in sport and amateur sport.  Just year in and year out, fundamentals and hard work.  I'm telling you, people should be covering this.     

Re: N. H. Ladies High School Champions, Winnacunnet High School, Hampton, NH.
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2011, 09:18:54 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
As of today, the Winnacunnet Warriors Ladies Basketball Team (regional high school in Hampton, NH) has won 81 straight games!  Amazing accomplishment.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2011, 10:05:47 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Way to go, am proud of my Granite State. (Graduate of Goffstown High, '74).

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2011, 10:16:48 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
Way to go, am proud of my Granite State. (Graduate of Goffstown High, '74).
Ha Ha.  TP!  Winnacunnet H. S., '64
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 08:43:46 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
The Winnacunnet H. S. ladies team finally lost to Nashua's Bishop Guertin.  WHS ladies had won 84 straight games (75 regular season Division 1 games  plus tournaments, a winning stretch that lasted four years. 

Congratulations, ladies, that will be a tough record to break!
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...