Author Topic: Anyone feeling a losing streak?  (Read 10990 times)

Re: Anyone feeling a losing streak?
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2011, 10:55:51 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Depends on Rondo and KG. KG has been kinda off the last couple of games on both sides of the floor.

Yeah, KG needs to get back on track.  But I think he will be after the embarrassment the other night.

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2011, 10:59:19 AM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Depends on Rondo and KG. KG has been kinda off the last couple of games on both sides of the floor.

Yeah, KG needs to get back on track.  But I think he will be after the embarrassment the other night.

Same, and I don't mind the miss shots, that's simply an off night. I mind the low energy our main guys have been starting the game with.

We like to point fingers at new players learning the system and all that crap, but fact is that our main guys haven't been pulling their weight.

Would like to see better effort boxing out, particularly Pierce. Better effort from Ray defensively (though he had a tough time with some these young guys who are good ball handlers).

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2011, 11:08:22 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Nope.

These are teams the Celtics can beat with the injuries they have and the lower level of play that has been coming out of them.

Now if it was Chicago and SA, I would be worried the way things have been now.  But the Celtics have half a month to work that out before they play a team of that level. 

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2011, 11:10:20 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
No.

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2011, 11:13:50 AM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
If by streak you mean losing this game tonight, then yeah, I'm expecting a loss.  We're still short a functional big until Baby comes back, and our bench still doesn't know our system, plus Philly is the kind of young and athletic team that plays us tough anyway (and they happen to be playing well these days).

So I say we lose this one.  If Baby comes back for Sunday's game against the Bucks, we'll be back on the winning track.

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2011, 11:22:00 AM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
I doubt it. We probably lose a few games here and there until we actually have most of our bench back, but I can't see us going on an actual losing streak like Miami, especially considering our schedule going forward compared to there's when they were on that losing streak.

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2011, 11:23:41 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Maybe,

They are sure prime for such an event.

Fact is Celtics just can't play their best basketball unless they are healthy no matter how much we care.
 They aren't supermen. How do you beat teams with crippled bodies everywhere.   The few healthy starters seem dazed and tired. Maybe too much team chemistry and change too quick.

A healthy D.West , G. Davis , and ONeals would go a long way towards giving this team a physical as well as emotional uplift.

Doc deserves coach of the year for keeping a team on court ready to play win or lose.

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2011, 12:05:15 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2011, 12:08:35 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
The 76rs and Bucks play this team tough, it could get ugly.

I see you're new to celticsblog.com.  What, are you going to take the role of Woody Allen (The Neurotic) here?

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2011, 12:22:23 PM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
What the heck is with all of the negativity on this board?? I remember the good old days when our team sucked and we actually HAD a reason to expect the worst. Guys, we're one of the best teams in the league! Instead of nitpicking at Rondo, expecting our team to lose to inferior competition, and blaming Kristic's defense when we actually happen to lose, let's realize how fortunate we are and enjoy the team that we have...after all, this may be the last hurrah for this team as constructed, depending on if there's a lockout next year.

That said, I'm never anticipating a losing streak. Someone in New England has to keep the faith...it may as well be me.

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2011, 12:27:02 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
What the heck is with all of the negativity on this board??

Changes + mid season doldrums = panic.  Its always been the case. 

Even without the changes, things are almost always negative this time of year, because this is the time when the players are looking ahead to the playoffs, and generally aren't as focussed as they would be early in the year, or once the playoffs start.

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2011, 12:29:10 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
I sense just the opposite.  I feel a streak where we continue to blend in our new players and play some exciting, winning basketball is coming.

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2011, 12:30:39 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Even if we lose tonight (unlikely at best), sources are saying BBD and DWest should be back Sunday (Baby more likely) and Shaq within a week (if these recent reports are slightly true). Then we can finally solidify our bench:

1. Arroyo 2. DWest (VW in 2-3 weeks) 3. Green 4. BBD/Murph 5. Kristic/BBD

Finish strong C's
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2011, 12:31:13 PM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
I sense just the opposite.  I feel a streak where we continue to blend in our new players and play some exciting, winning basketball is coming.

Amen. TP

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2011, 12:31:40 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

Amen. TP