Author Topic: C's interested in Hayward  (Read 33076 times)

Re: C's interested in Hayward
« Reply #120 on: November 07, 2013, 10:35:36 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I'd definitely rather have Sully than Hayward.

Really?   I think Hayward scores more and the like....

If Sully stays healthy he really has Kevin Love potential to me.  His shot is nice, he is so strong (watching him back down ZBo like it wasn't a big deal was beautiful) and he is an outstanding rebounder.  Just a very smart player.  Really love watching him play.

I do like Hayward but I love Sully.  I see Kevin Love potential or David West potential from him and those are two players I am a big fan of.

If we can get through this rebuilding and hold on to Olynyk and Sully I will be very happy.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #121 on: November 07, 2013, 10:37:48 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

If Sully stays healthy he really has Kevin Love potential to me.  His shot is nice, he is so strong (watching him back down ZBo like it wasn't a big deal was beautiful) and he is an outstanding rebounder.  Just a very smart player.  Really love watching him play.

I do like Hayward but I love Sully.  I see Kevin Love potential or David West potential from him and those are two players I am a big fan of.

If we can get through this rebuilding and hold on to Olynyk and Sully I will be very happy.

If Sully turns into David West I'll be very happy.

In fact, given his, erm, predication for getting punchy, he might consider pulling a DW and taking up MMA in the offseason.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #122 on: November 07, 2013, 10:43:47 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas

If Sully turns into David West I'll be very happy.

In fact, given his, erm, predication for getting punchy, he might consider pulling a DW and taking up MMA in the offseason.

That would be smart!

Right now he hasn't really gotten anything done in the offseason due to the surgery and he is still picking up where he left off.

« Reply #123 on: November 07, 2013, 10:46:45 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Wowzers. Kevin Love potential, eh?

He's gonna need to figure out rebounding, scoring in general, and 3pt shooting, but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcz_kDCBTBk

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #124 on: November 07, 2013, 10:57:50 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
David West is more the comparison for how he is playing now... I just see it as very possible he can be Love-like if the three starts falling for him.  He's also a good passer himself for a big if not at Love's level with the outlet.

But either way, I'm very optimistic about Sully.  It's been cool listening to some of the away team feeds for these games online and hearing all the announcers start to realize Olynyk and Sullinger can really both play.

Sorry to get so OT, I just wouldn't give up Sullinger for Hayward.

« Reply #125 on: November 07, 2013, 12:07:16 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
I thought Hayward looked really good last night.  I didn't see the whole game (it was my Hockey night) but the parts I saw, he looked great.  I would have to see more of him and see him play well consistently before I would commit anything like 8 figures $$ to him.

As far as trading Sullinger or Green for him, I am not sure I would do that at this point (assuming Hayward comes at more $$ than either).  We need to think in terms of talent and value.

As for Sullinger, I am seeing more of a Carlos Boozer than anything else.  Sullinger looks to me to be not quite up to Boozer offensively but maybe a little better all around.  Sullinger is still very young.  I think he has quite a bit of potential upside left to show.

I would love to add Hayward to the mix though if that is possible.  Maybe Utah would do a sign and trade or even mid season trade that involved draft picks as the primary enticement. 

« Reply #126 on: November 07, 2013, 12:25:37 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
David West is more the comparison for how he is playing now... I just see it as very possible he can be Love-like if the three starts falling for him.  He's also a good passer himself for a big if not at Love's level with the outlet.

But either way, I'm very optimistic about Sully.  It's been cool listening to some of the away team feeds for these games online and hearing all the announcers start to realize Olynyk and Sullinger can really both play.

Sorry to get so OT, I just wouldn't give up Sullinger for Hayward.
And here is a prime example of what people mean when they say fans overvalue their own players.

Love is not good because the three is falling for him. He's good because he's averaging 12+ rebounds for his career. Given that he's also pretty much automatic 20 points these day, I think that there's zero chance that Sullinger will ever be anything close to Kevin Love.

Sure, he's a nice little player with chronic back and weight issues who has some inside moves, a bit of a jump shot, and a knack for grabbing rebounds and getting charges. But in a universe where his absolute best is Love and his absolute worst is Tractor Traylor, I am not sure which one he'd be closer to, ultimately. 
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #127 on: November 07, 2013, 02:32:13 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
if people are cool with jeff green being paid 9m, then signing hayward for 9-10m (or Utah S&T-ing him for green) should be pretty much a no-brainer.
Makes zero sense to go for a lateral move like this. If you can get Hayward by dealing some surplus big men and Bradley, fine. Something along the lines of Sullinger + Bradley + picks.

Otherwise, probably a no-go.

Hayward for Green is not a lateral move (which is why he's going to make more considerably more than $9mil a year anyway). I'd be pretty surprised if there's a single GM in the NBA who would take Green over Hayward straight up, especially when you factor BBIQ, age, health, Jeff Green's confounding snooze button, etc. It will presumably take some work for the Cs to convince the Jazz to take Green, if they can even get as far as discussing extracting Hayward at all. The Jazz might be more interested in the Sully & Bradley & change package, depending on how their seasons go. But I'm sure the Cs would prefer to trade Green.

And no -- no one (in an objective state of mind) would keep Sullinger over Hayward straight up. Love Sully. But seriously -- no one. Good grief.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 03:03:56 PM by ssspence »
Mike

(My name is not Mike)