Author Topic: Will the Heat ever win another game?  (Read 17568 times)

Re: Will the Heat ever win another game?
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2011, 09:27:30 AM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
What a mistake for Spo to admit his players were crying in the locker room...

That is the soundbyte of the week so far and its already everywhere...
I thought the same thing.  Saying that your players are crying over a regular season game...true or not...is a horrible "doh!" moment.

« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2011, 09:31:30 AM »

Offline nba is the worst

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 75
They have to win Tuesday, right?

Blazers on the B2B - they can't lose 5 straight...can they?

« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2011, 10:40:32 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Mike Miller has been the worst Midlevel FA bust on this side of Mark Blount. Nice kid, he just has not given them anything this year.

Miller is shooting almost 41% from 3 this season, he's just not getting enough shots to make a real difference, and he's also averaging 5 boards.  I think he'd look real good coming off the bench for Boston and playing in a functional offense.

Hey, where are all those guys who relentlessly argued that Miller was a great pickup for Miami because LeBron or Wade could easily slide over and play point guard?  How's that worked out?

Mike

It's worked out fine, I think. Miami's non-functional offense is 4th in the NBA in efficiency, behind Denver, San Antonio and LA.

And here's what I meant about relentless.  Even when the visual proof is right there before their eyes, it doesn't matter as long as they can cling to any possible excuse.

James Jones this season - 5.9 points a game, shooting 41% from 3.
Mike Miller this season - 6.1 points a game, shooting 40% from 3.

Yeah, spending all their remaining cap space on Miller was a GREAT idea.

Mike

« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2011, 11:34:44 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Mike Miller has been the worst Midlevel FA bust on this side of Mark Blount. Nice kid, he just has not given them anything this year.

Miller is shooting almost 41% from 3 this season, he's just not getting enough shots to make a real difference, and he's also averaging 5 boards.  I think he'd look real good coming off the bench for Boston and playing in a functional offense.

Hey, where are all those guys who relentlessly argued that Miller was a great pickup for Miami because LeBron or Wade could easily slide over and play point guard?  How's that worked out?

Mike

It's worked out fine, I think. Miami's non-functional offense is 4th in the NBA in efficiency, behind Denver, San Antonio and LA.

And here's what I meant about relentless.  Even when the visual proof is right there before their eyes, it doesn't matter as long as they can cling to any possible excuse.

Mike
Yeah they could have spent it all on Jermaine instead..... Or maybe even Brad Milller.

« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2011, 12:27:27 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Mike

Mike
Yeah they could have spent it all on Jermaine instead..... Or maybe even Brad Milller.

Or Raymond Felton.  Or Amir Johnson.  Or Louis Amundson.  Or Darko Milicic.  Or maybe instead of spending it on Miller and Udonis Haslem, they'd tried to sign Derek Fisher first instead of offering him only the vet min.

But no, you're right.  There absolutely NOTHING else Miami could have done except give a 5 year, 30 million dollar contract to a guy who plays the exact same position as two guys Miami had already signed to 6 year, 100+ million dollar deals.  Yup, that's was the only possible option.

Mike

« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2011, 11:50:14 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
The Heat family:

"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2011, 11:56:08 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2011, 09:58:57 PM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215
Nope, Mike Bibby has officially cursed this team!

Like I said... :)

Next up for Miami: Lakers, Memphis, San Antonio, OKC. Ouch.

« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2011, 10:00:44 PM »

Offline Megatron

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 136
haha..the Heat will win many many more games.

I'll bet anyone who wants it that the Heat will be within 2.5 games of the top seed in the East. 50 TPs, a thousand..it'll happen.

Teams go through bad stretches, but don't make the mistake of trivializing a LeBron James led squad..or a Dwyane Wade led squad.

Feel free to trivialize Chris Bosh.

Im not so sure. Heat have a losing record vs teams above .500 and they are facing 11 straight playoff teams during this stretch of their schedule. They are going to drop alot of those games, its been proven they dont do well vs good teams.

Meanwhile the C's have a long stretch of games vs bad teams. This is where we gain separation from the rest of the east.

I bet you 20 TP's they win their next 2 games. First against the Bulls, then the Blazers. Both tough outs, but they'll get them.

Dang, I should have placed that bet! Miami went 0-2!

« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2011, 10:03:56 PM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Kevin McHale on NBA TV with 45 seconds left in the MIA-POR game: "It's all over but the crying"

LOL

« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2011, 10:24:33 PM »

Offline Megatron

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 136

« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2011, 10:25:49 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Kevin McHale on NBA TV with 45 seconds left in the MIA-POR game: "It's all over but the crying"

LOL
Wow. How demoralizing. Not only do they lose, but they have become a laughingstock.

« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2011, 10:26:45 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

Great pic.

At least he gets to hang with Eddie.

« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2011, 10:29:29 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Have to post this here too.... ;D

"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2011, 10:36:10 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Your post just made me LOL barefacedmonk.  Thank you and TP!
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur