Author Topic: Will the Heat ever win another game?  (Read 17548 times)

Re: Will the Heat ever win another game?
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2011, 06:21:29 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
jdz101....congrats..you were right. :)

Thank you kind sir :D

It made it so much sweeter that it was on ANOTHER failed clutch play by the Heat.

There are too many to count now.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2011, 06:50:52 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
Mike Miller has been the worst Midlevel FA bust on this side of Mark Blount. Nice kid, he just has not given them anything this year.

Miller is shooting almost 41% from 3 this season, he's just not getting enough shots to make a real difference, and he's also averaging 5 boards.  I think he'd look real good coming off the bench for Boston and playing in a functional offense.

Hey, where are all those guys who relentlessly argued that Miller was a great pickup for Miami because LeBron or Wade could easily slide over and play point guard?  How's that worked out?

Mike

It's worked out fine, I think. Miami's non-functional offense is 4th in the NBA in efficiency, behind Denver, San Antonio and LA.

« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2011, 07:17:36 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Mike Miller has been the worst Midlevel FA bust on this side of Mark Blount. Nice kid, he just has not given them anything this year.

Miller is shooting almost 41% from 3 this season, he's just not getting enough shots to make a real difference, and he's also averaging 5 boards.  I think he'd look real good coming off the bench for Boston and playing in a functional offense.

Hey, where are all those guys who relentlessly argued that Miller was a great pickup for Miami because LeBron or Wade could easily slide over and play point guard?  How's that worked out?

Mike

It's worked out fine, I think. Miami's non-functional offense is 4th in the NBA in efficiency, behind Denver, San Antonio and LA.

Thats 3 players in iso plays though thats not a team offense. They're not even attempting to get everyone on the floor involved.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2011, 07:28:53 PM »

Offline Army_of_One_Nation

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 44
I hope they win some more so that their draft position will be in the later part of the 1st round (if, they even have picks left in the next two years). If they don't have any 1st round picks in the next two years or so, then my answer to this question is, "I hope not."
"I've got a theory that if you give 100% all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end."
Larry Bird

« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2011, 08:16:07 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney

Mike

Thats 3 players in iso plays though thats not a team offense. They're not even attempting to get everyone on the floor involved.

Team offense or not, whatever they have has worked very well. Miami's been a much better scoring team than Boston this year. Its problem is simply not with its overall offense or defense...it's simply getting over the hump in crunch time. Miami has a top 5 defense and offense this season but their only real weakness, statistically speaking, is their offense in the last two minutes - hence so many close losses and why their point differential is among the best in the league.

« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2011, 08:17:35 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
I get the sarcasm, but this team really hasn't beaten anyone respectable...

« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2011, 08:39:26 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
I get the sarcasm, but this team really hasn't beaten anyone respectable...

Beating LA on the road was a nice win though...

« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2011, 09:12:07 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

Mike

Team offense or not, whatever they have has worked very well. Miami's been a much better scoring team than Boston this year. Its problem is simply not with its overall offense or defense...it's simply getting over the hump in crunch time. Miami has a top 5 defense and offense this season but their only real weakness, statistically speaking, is their offense in the last two minutes - hence so many close losses and why their point differential is among the best in the league.

So you're saying as "efficient" as they have been, when it matters most they can't score. They are running and gunning for 46 minutes and then when they opposing team buckles down on D, they crumble. I don't have the exact numbers, but I'm guessing their offensive numbers are skewed because of their blowouts against poor teams.

They have scored over 100 only 3 times against elite teams (BOS  107, OKC 103, ORL 100). The rest of their games are usually in the 80's. Yet they put up 129, 120, 118, 117, etc. against the likes of MIN, TOR, CLE, etc.

Obviously, they beat up the bad teams, and struggle offensively against the good teams. They are not a great offensive team despite their offensive efficiency numbers.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2011, 09:53:31 PM »

Offline tgreanier

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 154
  • The Patron Saint of Defense
Bleeding green for 36 37 years.
"Maybe we do suck. But at least we don't wear yellow."

« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2011, 10:56:14 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2011, 11:22:21 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney

Mike

So you're saying as "efficient" as they have been, when it matters most they can't score. They are running and gunning for 46 minutes and then when they opposing team buckles down on D, they crumble. I don't have the exact numbers, but I'm guessing their offensive numbers are skewed because of their blowouts against poor teams.

They have scored over 100 only 3 times against elite teams (BOS  107, OKC 103, ORL 100). The rest of their games are usually in the 80's. Yet they put up 129, 120, 118, 117, etc. against the likes of MIN, TOR, CLE, etc.

Obviously, they beat up the bad teams, and struggle offensively against the good teams. They are not a great offensive team despite their offensive efficiency numbers.

They are not a run-and-gun team. Miami is 20th in the NBA in pace, tied with Chicago. Most of the top teams in the NBA are not the league's fastest teams. Of the teams you mentioned, the fastest team is Orlando - and it is 16th in the NBA. Therefore, Miami's games against those teams are going to be naturally slower and therefore less scoring. Additionally, Miami is an elite defensive team - which also lessens the pace of the games they play against good teams.

Blow-outs are blowouts and don't count any less in statistics than close losses. The bottom line is they've had clearly enough blowout wins to make them an elite offensive team - just not in the last 2 minutes of a ball game, where they are clearly deficient.

« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2011, 11:34:04 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
What a mistake for Spo to admit his players were crying in the locker room...

That is the soundbyte of the week so far and its already everywhere...

« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2011, 11:45:55 PM »

Offline GreenBlood23

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10

I agree, also shows just how weak this team is mentally, the maturity just isn't there yet. Good teams go through tough stretches, Dallas went through it, Lakers went through it, heck even lower end teams go through it consistently. Pretty sure crying was the last one those teams did. :D

« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2011, 12:01:16 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243

I agree, also shows just how weak this team is mentally, the maturity just isn't there yet. Good teams go through tough stretches, Dallas went through it, Lakers went through it, heck even lower end teams go through it consistently. Pretty sure crying was the last one those teams did. :D

Anyone remember us going 27 and 27 after Christmas Day last year "due to boredom"? Turns out that it cost us a Title in the long run.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2011, 09:23:41 AM »

Offline nba is the worst

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 75
jdz101....congrats..you were right. :)

Thank you kind sir :D

It made it so much sweeter that it was on ANOTHER failed clutch play by the Heat.

There are too many to count now.
yet the media has, and it's an interesting stat:

The heatles (heatlets?) are 1-8 in game winning or tieing shots this season.

LeBron 1-7, Wade 0-5, the rest 0-6.

Sure, it was just 1-pt, and a key call helped the Bulls at the end, but the Bulls deserved to win.

And I don't get those that feel the Christmas win over the Lakers was anything special - the Lakers were absolute crap at that point in the season (19-pt home loss to the Bucks the game before, 15-pt loss to the Spurs the game after).

Yesterday's road win in San Antonio shows that the defending champs are making progress...