Author Topic: Will the Heat ever win another game?  (Read 17563 times)

Re: Will the Heat ever win another game?
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2011, 09:38:01 AM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 164
haha..the Heat will win many many more games.

I'll bet anyone who wants it that the Heat will be within 2.5 games of the top seed in the East. 50 TPs, a thousand..it'll happen.

Teams go through bad stretches, but don't make the mistake of trivializing a LeBron James led squad..or a Dwyane Wade led squad.

Feel free to trivialize Chris Bosh.

Im not so sure. Heat have a losing record vs teams above .500 and they are facing 11 straight playoff teams during this stretch of their schedule. They are going to drop alot of those games, its been proven they dont do well vs good teams.

Meanwhile the C's have a long stretch of games vs bad teams. This is where we gain separation from the rest of the east.

I bet you 20 TP's they win their next 2 games. First against the Bulls, then the Blazers. Both tough outs, but they'll get them.

I will take that bet.  They will win 1 of the next 2 but not both.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."

Red Auerbach

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2011, 09:54:34 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
another win win sunday...if the bulls or heat lose it helps boston. i still maintain that the bulls are the ones

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2011, 10:07:03 AM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 126
  • Another undersized Celtic...
another win win sunday...if the bulls or heat lose it helps boston. i still maintain that the bulls are the ones

I could see the Heat winning Sunday. Conventional wisdom says they won't, but they have a lot to prove to themselves.

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2011, 10:23:24 AM »

Offline nba is the worst

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 75

I could see the Heat winning Sunday. Conventional wisdom says they won't, but they have a lot to prove to themselves.

I'm curious why you would say "Conventional wisdom says they won't".

I'm expecting a "statement game" effort out of the (rightfully embarassed) heatles...

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2011, 10:27:22 AM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 126
  • Another undersized Celtic...

Ha! Let's change it to "my" wisdom--I don't think the Heat matchup well against the Bulls. The Bulls have more height/talent at the 4/5 spots. Deng  forces Lebron to play defense and they can't guard Rose. Basically it turns into Wade & Lebron vs the Bulls team. I don't think the Heat will win a lot of games against the top tier teams if they play 2 on 5.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 10:33:32 AM by birdwatcher »

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2011, 10:57:23 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Of course they will win another game.  However, they do not look like playoff contenders but rather pretenders with their shoddy record against winning teams. 

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2011, 03:36:09 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!
I think they'll win tomorrow. Bulls will come in high and mighty while Miami will have something to prove.

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2011, 03:40:32 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364

I'm expecting a "statement game" effort out of the (rightfully embarassed) heatles...

the same thing was said when they played the celtics a 3rd time...it was a "statement game" and we all saw how that turned out for them....I think the Bulls will come to play hard. two possible MVP cantidates...

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2011, 03:44:29 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

the same thing was said when they played the celtics a 3rd time...it was a "statement game" and we all saw how that turned out for them....I think the Bulls will come to play hard. two possible MVP cantidates...

the Bulls will take it, they have better coaching, more depth, better defense, better team play, I could go on and on

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2011, 09:55:48 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

I'll bet anyone who wants it that the Heat will be within 2.5 games of the top seed in the East. 50 TPs, a thousand..it'll happen.

Teams go through bad stretches, but don't make the mistake of trivializing a LeBron James led squad..or a Dwyane Wade led squad.

Im not so sure. Heat have a losing record vs teams above .500 and they are facing 11 straight playoff teams during this stretch of their schedule. They are going to drop alot of those games, its been proven they dont do well vs good teams.

Meanwhile the C's have a long stretch of games vs bad teams. This is where we gain separation from the rest of the east.

I bet you 20 TP's they win their next 2 games. First against the Bulls, then the Blazers. Both tough outs, but they'll get them.

You're on

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2011, 10:38:42 PM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum

You're on

IP is going to owe alot of points :)

Red Auerbach

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2011, 10:45:41 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides

I've a feeling that jdz101 will owe IP some points...I expect Heat to win against the Bulls(an ugly win though)...but Blazers shouldn't be that difficult.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2011, 10:48:04 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

I've a feeling that jdz101 will owe IP some points...I expect Heat to win against the Bulls(an ugly win though)...and Blazers shouldn't be that difficult either.

Right on...regular season games only mean as much as the guys playing them let them mean, and the stakes against the Bulls are a lot higher for LBJ Bosh and Wade than for Noah Rose and Boozer.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2011, 10:51:17 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
As much as we like to see them lose, they will be a tough out.

As much as they struggle vs the elite, this is the same team that beat LA - in LA - by 16 pts on Christmas, and it wasn't even THAT close.

LA had pretty much everyone - including Bynum. Bosh went off for 24 and 13, too.

Lebron had his way, as did Wade.

Why they seem to own LA and not anyone else is why I'm just a diehard Celtics fan at the end of the day, because I am baffled at that one.

I would not be surprised if they beat LA on Thursday, too.

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2011, 03:33:44 PM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
Gimme my points pay up :)

Red Auerbach