Author Topic: Theory: Lakers will get Howard this summer  (Read 14647 times)

Re: Theory: Lakers will get Howard this summer
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2011, 01:51:44 PM »

Offline jasonditz

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
Jiri Welsch

Re: Lakers will get Howard this summer
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2011, 02:42:34 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
just a hunch...

the trend now is for players to dictate where they want to play.  players want to go to big market teams.  LA has got showtime.  NY and CHI are out.  what's left?  if salaries don't match then throw in reddick, brown, etc.  maybe picks and cash in the deal.

Orlando is not such a small market.  There are the Texas markets, Philadelphia, Brooklyn (where the Nets are moving)...

There are a lot of places.

One of the upsides to Howard demanding a trade to the Lakers (with an extension in place, let's say) is that it would finally put an end to all the "Dwight Howard to Boston" stuff littering the celticsblog forums...
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2011, 03:09:08 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
just a hunch...

the trend now is for players to dictate where they want to play.  players want to go to big market teams.  LA has got showtime.  NY and CHI are out.  what's left?  if salaries don't match then throw in reddick, brown, etc.  maybe picks and cash in the deal.

Orlando is not such a small market.  There are the Texas markets, Philadelphia, Brooklyn (where the Nets are moving)...

One of the upsides to Howard demanding a trade to the Lakers (with an extension in place, let's say) is that it would finally put an end to all the "Dwight Howard to Boston" stuff littering the celticsblog forums...

Yes, I'd much rather the Lakers get all the best players instead of reading forum topics suggesting they'd join the C's.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2011, 03:33:33 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
just a hunch...

the trend now is for players to dictate where they want to play.  players want to go to big market teams.  LA has got showtime.  NY and CHI are out.  what's left?  if salaries don't match then throw in reddick, brown, etc.  maybe picks and cash in the deal.

Yes, I'd much rather the Lakers get all the best players instead of reading forum topics suggesting they'd join the C's.

I'm pretty sure his comment was way over the top by design.  All these notions that Dwight is a lock to come to Boston, or that he'd be stupid not to come here sound just as ridiculous sometimes.

On this forum we talk all the time about how we hate hearing about all this free agency hoop-la about players leaving teams years before their contract is even up and here we are engaging in the same discussions we say that we're sick of hearing from both media and directly from the players mouth.
Greg

« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2013, 10:01:24 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I love Bill Simmon's writing for reasons like this...he was annoyed Kobe didn't make even one snippy tweet

"Is anyone else still saddened that Kobe didn't crush Dwight on Twitter after the Rockets announcement? I've never been more excited for somebody's next tweet. Even something short and sweet like "Houston, you have a problem" would have worked. Hey, Kobe, I know you're spending the summer lounging in a hyperbaric-chamber hot tub filled with deer-antler spray and platelet-massaged hemoglobin, but would one spiteful tweet have killed you?"