Author Topic: Guess who's maybe hopefully coming to Boston? HInt: Doc  (Read 6246 times)

Guess who's maybe hopefully coming to Boston? HInt: Doc
« on: February 27, 2011, 01:50:11 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Well, we got the Clippers 2012 first round pick.  Unfortunately for us, the Clippers will probably be close to 500 next year, better if they keep Kaman.....but what if they have a tough year and are a lottery team, and the pick is in the 5-10 range.....then we just need to trade the pick and a player for the right to move into the top 3 and select  Austin Rivers!!!!!!

Re: Guess who's maybe hopefully coming to Boston? HInt: Doc
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 01:54:06 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Well, we got the Clippers 2012 first round pick.  Unfortunately for us, the Clippers will probably be close to 500 next year, better if they keep Kaman.....but what if they have a tough year and are a lottery team, and the pick is in the 5-10 range.....then we just need to trade the pick and a player for the right to move into the top 3 and select  Austin Rivers!!!!!!

Isn't the pick top 10 protected?
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/2/24/2013222/kendrick-perkins-trade-celtics-thunder-first-round-pick

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 01:54:22 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The pick is Top-10 protected until 2016, unfortunately.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 01:58:46 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Sterling is so cheap, maybe we could trade the Clippers pick and our pick (plus X) for Eric Gordon?

I´d love to see that happen (even though it´s unlikely).

That pick will probably be a throw-in in a future trade.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 02:01:12 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
oohh....so we have to trade too much to get him.....seriously wonder if they'd try....do dads and sons work together successfully at the NBA level?  Hard to picture Doc reaming out his son without either under- or overdoing it!

edit:  yeah, Gordon would be nice.

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 02:03:20 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
Sterling is so cheap, maybe we could trade the Clippers pick and our pick (plus X) for Eric Gordon?

You don't think the Celtics will draft someone with the pick?  Guess it depends on the Clipper's season....though it is supposed to be a deep draft..

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 02:04:12 PM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
i hope they will stay out of top 10,but instead if we got their pick from 11 and up then maybe we could ask them to trade minnesota's hopefully top 5 pick to us, if austin rivers is still there they pick him and trades him to us and we have 2nd and 3rd options incase he got pick...and we give them jeff green if he's still with us, plus our own lotto pick, plus we have 2 own picks in that years draft.

they would like to have a PG like rivers to play with griffin, but they lack other positions too.

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 02:07:21 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
i hope they will stay out of top 10,but instead if we got their pick from 11 and up then maybe we could ask them to trade minnesota's hopefully top 5 pick to us, if austin rivers is still there they pick him and trades him to us and we have 2nd and 3rd options incase he got pick...and we give them jeff green if he's still with us, plus our own lotto pick, plus we have 2 own picks in that years draft.

they would like to have a PG like rivers to play with griffin, but they lack other positions too.

I thought Rivers was an SG, a perfect Ray Allen replacement type player......

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 02:09:52 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Why are we so locked on Austin Rivers? I think we can leverage this pick plus an expiring to obtain a good young player like Eric Gorden. For the Clippers why stop at Eric Gordon, let us go for the Golden Boy, Blake Griffen.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2011, 02:10:48 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545

You don't think the Celtics will draft someone with the pick?  Guess it depends on the Clipper's season....though it is supposed to be a deep draft..

I have no idea what Danny´s plan looks like, but it´s the most conceivable option, imo, considering that we can´t even be sure in which year we´ll have that pick.

I´d say it´s just another tool for Danny to increase our flexibility in trades.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2011, 02:11:34 PM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57

I thought Rivers was an SG, a perfect Ray Allen replacement type player......

he can play both pg/sg

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 02:12:21 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
Why are we so locked on Austin Rivers? I think we can leverage this pick plus an expiring to obtain a good young player like Eric Gorden. For the Clippers why stop at Eric Gordon, let us go for the Golden Boy, Blake Griffen.

Not really locked on him....just would be an interesting human interest story to have him in Boston....Also, one draft site has him going #1 overall in a strong draft.  They wouldn't exactly be taking him for non-basketball reasons...

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2011, 02:15:23 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Danny's stockpiling draft picks for another big trade after the Big Three era... Doc Rivers is gone by then per my prediction.

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2011, 02:28:46 PM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82

Not really locked on him....just would be an interesting human interest story to have him in Boston....Also, one draft site has him going #1 overall in a strong draft.  They wouldn't exactly be taking him for non-basketball reasons...

He's going to play college ball at Duke and hasn't even competed at that level yet.  So ranking him #1 overall at this point really has no merit.  Some "can't miss" prospects make it and some don't.  I never heard Austin described in that fashion; just that he's a top prospect.

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2011, 02:39:56 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker

He's going to play college ball at Duke and hasn't even competed at that level yet.  So ranking him #1 overall at this point really has no merit.  Some "can't miss" prospects make it and some don't.  I never heard Austin described in that fashion; just that he's a top prospect.

There's never a guarantee.....as Evan Turner's struggles, for example, have shown.  (He'll likely get it together imo, or maybe he already has).  Right now Rivers is known as a sharpshooter with amazing athleticicsm and an excellent IQ..... Going to Duke should only help.  Shocked if he's not picked in the top 3, or 5th at the latest, in a good draft...