Author Topic: Stick a fork in this team, they are done.  (Read 25093 times)

Stick a fork in this team, they are done.
« on: February 25, 2011, 01:13:31 AM »

Offline Megatron

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 136
The trade has destroyed this team.

1) We wont have home court advantage against the east.
2) We wont have home court advantage vs the west, or the Lakers.
3) Shaq and JO both will never be healthy at the same time and available.
4) Our defense took a huge hit that we wont be able to replace.
5) We cant beat LA without HCA.
6) Getting out of the east will be extremely hard.
7) Teams can bully us in the paint and are not afraid of us anymore.

We had everything going until Danny decided to blow it up.

Feel free to quote this post in the future if the C's win it all, but that is pretty much impossible now.

Are we really going to win with this guy?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 01:41:09 AM by Megatron »

Re: Stick a fork in this team, they are done.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 01:16:14 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418

Feel free to quote this post in the future if the C's win it all, but that is pretty much impossible now.

You realize Perk has only played in 11 games this year and we still had the top D in the NBA right without him right?

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 01:18:08 AM »

Offline GrandTheftRondo

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167

I don't know if I entirely agree that we're done but I do agree with the bolded.

I just still can't believe he disrupted the team chemistry like this. That's the part thats most serious to me...I just don't understand why he would do this. Who gives a **** if we can't sign him in the off season. Is that really a reason to destroy the core of a championship team??

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 01:18:39 AM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
We were also just 4-3 with Perk as the starter.

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 01:18:49 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I am finding myself agreeing with this statement more and more as the night goes on. Kristic is a FA after this year, he wont resign most likely, Green has a qualifying offer and if we give him an extension, I think that'll take away our cap space to sign another big name in the future.

This trade kills our chemistry, our toughness, and our defense. No longer will teams be intimidated by driving to the paint. Who is our shot blocker? Garnett cant jump anymore, Shaq can get off the ground, Kristic certianly wont be intimidating anybody. Teams are going to attack us inside without any problem and KG is just going to be seen as a weak target without big bad Perk to protect him. I just cant believe this.

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 01:20:29 AM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
I need to log off before I burst a blood vessel...Good night! :(
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 01:20:56 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
I am finding myself agreeing with this statement more and more as the night goes on. Kristic is a FA after this year, he wont resign most likely, Green has a qualifying offer and if we give him an extension, I think that'll take away our cap space to sign another big name in the future.

This trade kills our chemistry, our toughness, and our defense. No longer will teams be intimidated by driving to the paint. Who is our shot blocker? Garnett cant jump anymore, Shaq can get off the ground, Kristic certianly wont be intimidating anybody. Teams are going to attack us inside without any problem and KG is just going to be seen as a weak target without big bad Perk to protect him. I just cant believe this.

Explain how we were doing that for the first 50 games of the season without Perk? Number 1 D in the NBA..

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 01:22:07 AM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
Lol @ this topic at 1 AM. Can the guys we brought in at least get on the court before we say we're done?  ::)

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 01:22:40 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Megatron - I realize that what has happened with Boston today has a LOT of us shocked - including me.

But I can't call it the end of the season, yet - just because DEN struggled to beat an under-manned team.

This team's window is still open for Banner 18 - this June.

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2011, 01:23:35 AM »

Offline houseonfire09

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 44
  • Thank you Eddie!
I thought someone dug up this thread from last year... then I opened it. ::)  Are people going to forget that the Celtics had the best record in the East before Perk came back just to fit a narrative?
"If David Stern ran the NHL, is there any chance his meal ticket's team would blow a Game 7 in Round 1? Put a pair of skates on Dick Bavetta!" -Bill Simmons

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2011, 01:28:21 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Declaring the season over before seeing even one game with the new additions says a lot more about the person doing it than it does about the trade.

Seriously guys, stop, take a breath, and step back from the ledge.  We're not gonna know the impact of this trade on our title chances for literally months.  At least give it a couple weeks before breaking out the Chicken Little routine.

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011, 01:31:24 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

As others already mentioned, we had the top D without Perk.

Also, I'm going to go with your logic a little bit.  You say we won't have HCA against the East, so that means we'll slide to the 2 or 3?  That means I assume that we play Chicago in round 2 and Miami and Orlando play eachother in round 2.  So, who wins that mia/orl matchup?  Miami.  So, how does losing Perk make it hard for us to get out of the East???  We don't need him to D up on Howard.  Instead, we just got a new player who actually can help us defend the best player we'll see in the Eastern Conference Finals!  So under your presumptions, this trade actually helps us.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2011, 01:36:51 AM »

Offline Kid Holla

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 2
We had 9 players. Our keys guys were upset about Perk being traded. This game means nothing. As for the playoffs we will be fines. The Cs have proven that they don't need Perk. HCA is nice but even if we don't get it we still have very good chances of getting of the East and beating LA. We just need to sign Murphy and hope Camby or Dalambert is brought out.

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2011, 01:39:47 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Explain how we were doing that for the first 50 games of the season without Perk? Number 1 D in the NBA..

Playoff defense is a completely different story. Who battles Dwight Howard when we face him in the playoffs? Bynum, Gasol?

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2011, 01:40:24 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Some similar thread happened when Bill Belichick cut Lawyer Milloy before game one of the 2002 2003 season and he signed with Buffalo and the Patriots lost to Buffalo 31-0 to drop to 0-1 during the 2002-2003 season..... I am not trying to make analogies here but what if Jeff Green is the second coming of Scottie Pippen or Micheal Cooper with James Worthy explosive scoring abilities or he is a reincarnation of Reggie Lewis and Len Bias.

If you are done, then move on to baseball. If you are a true fan of the Celtics, then I expect to see you back in the office Saturday night, Capiche?
The beatings will continue until morale improves