Author Topic: Report: Carmelo to NY is finally official  (Read 33287 times)

Re: Report: Carmelo to NY is finally official
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2011, 12:12:22 AM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Broussard just said that Corey Brewer is also going to the Knicks.

Chris Mannix confirms. Brewer is staying in New York not heading on to Denver.

Minnesota is sending Corey Brewer to New York in the Melo deal, source confirms.

What's Minnesota getting in return for this deal?

Curry and Randolph.

Isn't a 1st rounder going from Minnesota to Denver as well?

Brewer and a 1st for Randolph and Curry? That's turrible.
Denver gets Knicks' 2014 first round pick and Warriors' 2012 and 2013 second round picks. Not sure about Minny's pick.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2011, 12:13:20 AM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Watching Sportscenter(yeah I know) and JA Adande was asked who were the top 3 teams in the East his response in this order.

1.Heat
2.Knicks
3. Bulls

Let the Hype Machine begin.  The Knicks are now the greatest team in the NBA. ESPN will do its best to try and promote that.
ESPN will be abandoned until Thursday.

this is great for us.  the bigger the chip is on our shoulder, the better it will motivate us  :)

Yup... Let them keep sleeping on us ;)

EDIT: Jalen Rose knows better.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2011, 12:13:58 AM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
Watching Sportscenter(yeah I know) and JA Adande was asked who were the top 3 teams in the East his response in this order.

1.Heat
2.Knicks
3. Bulls

Let the Hype Machine begin.  The Knicks are now the greatest team in the NBA. ESPN will do its best to try and promote that.

You can't be serious?  I've lost all respect for Adande.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2011, 12:15:23 AM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
Sorry, but as long as the Knicks have Mike D'Antoni as a coach they are not going to even get to the Finals when they add pieces around Carmelo...  Even if they had CP3 or Deron!
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2011, 12:15:33 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
im surprised by all the nyc is dumb, denver got what they wanted-type posts.  

new york is legit now.  billups, melo, and amare....thats a REALLY good core.  i guess i will be in the minority that says the knicks robbed the nuggets  :-\

Really good? I don't know about that. Good core yes but I'm not sure Knicks are looking at Billups as a long term player for them. He's there to hold Paul's place or whomever they will target next year or after.

yes, really good.  their "big 3" is balanced, unlike miami's.  like i said in a different post, they are 100 times better today than they were yesterday and have taken their first step.

I'll take Miami in a series though. Miami actually plays defense.

::) obviously....it is midseason and their team has no identity or chemistry right now.  this deal makes the knicks good, but what they do this offseason will dictate whether or not they are truly upper echelon.  

« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2011, 12:15:35 AM »

Online CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!

1.Heat
2.Knicks
3. Bulls

Let the Hype Machine begin.  The Knicks are now the greatest team in the NBA. ESPN will do its best to try and promote that.

What a fool. LA water must have finally gotten to him.

« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2011, 12:17:57 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
I keep hearing that Mello is a top 5 player I still count : Dwade, Lebron, Kobe, Dwight Howard, Chris Paul. None of those guys died right?

« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2011, 12:18:58 AM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
Broussard just said that Corey Brewer is also going to the Knicks.

Chris Mannix confirms. Brewer is staying in New York not heading on to Denver.

Minnesota is sending Corey Brewer to New York in the Melo deal, source confirms.

What's Minnesota getting in return for this deal?

Curry and Randolph.

Isn't a 1st rounder going from Minnesota to Denver as well?

Brewer and a 1st for Randolph and Curry? That's turrible.
Denver gets Knicks' 2014 first round pick and Warriors' 2012 and 2013 second round picks. Not sure about Minny's pick.

Seems that Minnesota is keeping the first round pick that was once rumored to be headed to Denver. By taking on Curry, the team is still doing the Nuggets the double service of saving them the tax hit and providing them with a large trade exception.

Also, Howard Beck of the New York Times is reporting that Brewer could be on the move, simply not to Denver.

Last tidbit before I rewrite again and pass out: Corey Brewer may be retraded if Knicks find a good deal. There's a market for him.

Does that market include Boston?

« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2011, 12:19:01 AM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
I don't know if its a repeat..but Melo is going to be on Conan in a few minutes.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2011, 12:19:05 AM »

Offline LakersFan_33

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 79
Denver crushed New York, especially considering Melo would never approve a trade to New Jersey. That being said, in this league you do whatever you can to get superstars, and then you fill in your roster accordingly. Might take some time, but I see New York being around Chicago's level.

« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2011, 12:19:55 AM »

Online CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
im surprised by all the nyc is dumb, denver got what they wanted-type posts.  

new york is legit now.  billups, melo, and amare....thats a REALLY good core.  i guess i will be in the minority that says the knicks robbed the nuggets  :-\

Really good? I don't know about that. Good core yes but I'm not sure Knicks are looking at Billups as a long term player for them. He's there to hold Paul's place or whomever they will target next year or after.

yes, really good.  their "big 3" is balanced, unlike miami's.  like i said in a different post, they are 100 times better today than they were yesterday and have taken their first step.

I'll take Miami in a series though. Miami actually plays defense.

::) obviously....it is midseason and their team has no identity or chemistry right now.  this deal makes the knicks good, but what they do this offseason will dictate whether or not they are truly upper echelon.  

I agree with that. What they put around Melo and Amar'e will be the key.

As was previously mentioned, I just don't know if you can win a championship with D'Antoni at the helm. You gotta play some defense in the playoffs, especially in the East.

They'll be really fun to watch though.

« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2011, 12:20:17 AM »

Offline Megatron

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 136

1.Heat
2.Knicks
3. Bulls

Let the Hype Machine begin.  The Knicks are now the greatest team in the NBA. ESPN will do its best to try and promote that.

What a fool. LA water must have finally gotten to him.

Did he really say that lol?

« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2011, 12:21:51 AM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
Nice job, Denver in getting a lot in return. Though I'm always a bit suspicious of D'Antoni players...their numbers are usually much better than the players actually are (since they play no defense). The Knicks got better...I think...but I'm not sure it matters that much for the same reason: D'Antoni. His teams play no defense, ever. The Knicks were a playoff team before, maybe capable of winning one series. Now...probably capable of winning one series. The Bulls, Heat, (maybe) Magic, and us (obviously) would easily beat NY in a series.

« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2011, 12:22:38 AM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
Also best trade-related twitter so far...

Anthony Carter has a full no-trade clause. I triple dog dare him to use it.

via Sham Sports aka Mark Deeks.

Next best trade related tweet...

Carmelo's 30.4 pts per game at MSG slightly behind Kobe (30.5) for best among active players.

via Brian Mahoney.

« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2011, 12:22:59 AM »

Offline Megatron

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 136
Denver crushed New York, especially considering Melo would never approve a trade to New Jersey. That being said, in this league you do whatever you can to get superstars, and then you fill in your roster accordingly. Might take some time, but I see New York being around Chicago's level.

I see them surpassing Chicago. Melo/Amare is leagues and bounds better then Rose/Boozer. Knicks also have a chance to get either Deron Williams or Chris Paul in 2012 also which would complete the big 3, bring in a bunch of d leaguers and role players and that team will easily be a contender.