Author Topic: Was anyone else surprised by the half-time show in the Allstar game?  (Read 14771 times)

Re: Was anyone else surprised by the half-time show in the Allstar game?
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2011, 04:39:50 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
I've never found Rhianna attractive or sexy.. until that halftime show.  My gosh she was hot, and I liked the way she danced much more than the flying everywhere + dry humping moves that the cheerleaders do.

As RoyHobbs said, its the culture, and 12 year old girls do worse moves in dance class.  However, if you go back through history, this isn't something new.  Belly Dancing was taught to young ladies for a variety of purposes. 

Personally I liked Rhianna's halftime show.

I think most people's points about the dance being crude was that it was at the All-Star halftime show which is supposed to represent the entire NBA on one of the biggest stages.

I think it's different than cheerleaders or belly dancing or someones dance class. I'm sure Rhianna and other performers do a lot more suggestive stuff during their concerts but that's not what we are talking about. We are talking about the face of the NBA and Rhianna rubbing her crotch over it.

I personally didn't care and enjoyed the show. I'm not surprised that people brought this up though as it was bit raunchy for a halftime show of the NBA all-star game
How many kids really watch the NBA All Star game or even the NBA in general?  And how many of those kids aren't old enough to see more sex than that every other way they look?

The NBA represents mostly young men and speaking as one that halftime was in no way explicit.

Why did you bold that part of my quote? You are talking about kids and I didn't mention kids at all in my post.

But since you brought it up how many kids watch the all-star game? I think a lot. I know I watched all the all-star stuff a lot more when I was a kid then I do now. I think that out of everything the NBA does the all-star game is the one thing that is completely directed and catered to kids more than anything else. The dunk contest is for the kids. They had a kid run out onto the floor as a prop in it. 

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2011, 04:54:02 PM »

Offline nba is the worst

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 75
I've never found Rhianna attractive or sexy.. until that halftime show.  My gosh she was hot, and I liked the way she danced much more than the flying everywhere + dry humping moves that the cheerleaders do.

As RoyHobbs said, its the culture, and 12 year old girls do worse moves in dance class.  However, if you go back through history, this isn't something new.  Belly Dancing was taught to young ladies for a variety of purposes. 

I think most people's points about the dance being crude was that it was at the All-Star halftime show which is supposed to represent the entire NBA on one of the biggest stages.

I think it's different than cheerleaders or belly dancing or someones dance class. I'm sure Rhianna and other performers do a lot more suggestive stuff during their concerts but that's not what we are talking about. We are talking about the face of the NBA and Rhianna rubbing her crotch over it.

I personally didn't care and enjoyed the show. I'm not surprised that people brought this up though as it was bit raunchy for a halftime show of the NBA all-star game
How many kids really watch the NBA All Star game or even the NBA in general?  And how many of those kids aren't old enough to see more sex than that every other way they look?

The NBA represents mostly young men and speaking as one that halftime was in no way explicit.

Why did you bold that part of my quote? You are talking about kids and I didn't mention kids at all in my post.

But since you brought it up how many kids watch the all-star game? I think a lot. I know I watched all the all-star stuff a lot more when I was a kid then I do now. I think that out of everything the NBA does the all-star game is the one thing that is completely directed and catered to kids more than anything else. The dunk contest is for the kids. They had a kid run out onto the floor as a prop in it. 
I agree - Absolutely true. Kids are much more star focussed than team focussed in general.

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2011, 06:27:32 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

Because that's what a lot of the crudeness complaints have been about; that it's supposed to be a "family type game."  How does some adult marketing during a halftime show harmfully represent the entire NBA on one of the biggest stages?  Especially when any younger age groups that might watch hear the same crudeness in the lyrics of a Rihanna song just by listening to the radio.  I wasn't only addressing you but also the OP and the thread as a whole.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2011, 08:27:31 PM »

Offline Megatron

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 136
Nothing surprises me after the Janet Jackson superbowl show, god that was classic.

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2011, 10:08:13 PM »

Offline jimmywolfrey

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
This thread SERIOUSLY????

seems like someone is trying to knock whatever they are trying to knock.... When she performed the song with Drake at the Grammys..they were dancing very sexually even more so. 

The crotch grabbing was popularized by Michael Jackson and others.  Its just a dance move..get over it.

Kids these days have seen so much due to the internet and cable tv...that performing a dance move that involves grabbing the crotch seems kinda light on the danger meter.

What about the Shorts that NBA players used to wear?? come on...that was offensive!