Author Topic: Red Sox 2011  (Read 156941 times)

Re: Red Sox 2011
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2011, 10:25:25 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
That last homer off Wakefield was rather Aaron Boone-like. Except for the whole "losing the ALCS" part.
Yup

« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2011, 10:35:53 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
What's the worst 10 game start in Red Sox history? 0-10?  The Sox should totally go for it.

At this point, they should just try to be the biggest waste of talent ever, since "Best Team Ever" status looks to be more than off the table.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2011, 11:06:20 PM »

Offline outcry

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 133
Tito will be fired if this team keeps playing like this 30-35 games into the season. There's no way the front office will sit on their hands considering the expectations for this team. I fully expect them to turn it around once they get to Fenway.
2011 PAPOUG CHAMPION

« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2011, 11:17:00 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
Things are looking up, they signed Lebron today  :D

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=46446.msg967700;topicseen#new
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2011, 11:44:47 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good
Tito will be fired if this team keeps playing like this 30-35 games into the season. There's no way the front office will sit on their hands considering the expectations for this team. I fully expect them to turn it around once they get to Fenway.

I really hope they don't.  I like Tito.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2011, 12:11:47 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Few things worse than a dead baseball team. 

A basketball team with the switch turned off?
Yeah, they're just waiting for the playoffs. From day 1 of the season. That'd be something.  ;D
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2011, 10:31:25 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
What a terrible start.
Someone needs to light a fire under these guys.

But who am I kidding anyway, I usually don't focus on baseball till after basketball is over.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2011, 11:02:15 AM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
I wouldn't be surprised if a roster move is made before the home opener and Reyes is DFAd.  This guy has been a disaster, and 2 HBP and a walk to start an inning won't keep you on the team.  I think they make an example of him and cut him loose after the day game today.  Maybe Okajima is called up from Pawtucket for tomorrow's game.

« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2011, 02:39:50 PM »

Offline outcry

• Bill Walton
This team stinks. Period. The most disappointing start from a Sox team that I've seen.

edit:  ::) THIS TEAM SUCKS.
2011 PAPOUG CHAMPION

« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2011, 02:46:34 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good
The Red Sox are truly pathetic.  Probably one of the most disappointing teams in the history of the MLB.

After a terrible start like this I'll be shocked if they make the playoffs.  As talented as they supposedly are, this is going to hang around their necks the whole season.

100 losses?

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2011, 02:48:04 PM »

Offline outcry

• Bill Walton
You have overpaid players underachieving and bench players (McDonald) making inexcusable base-running plays. Tito will be fired in a few weeks. I can't say I'd miss him, either. This team needs some sort of motivation. You don't win on paper.
2011 PAPOUG CHAMPION

« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2011, 02:49:38 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
The Red Sox are truly pathetic.  Probably one of the most disappointing teams in the history of the MLB.

After a terrible start like this I'll be shocked if they make the playoffs.  As talented as they supposedly are, this is going to hang around their necks the whole season.

Good lord.  ::) there are 156 Games left.

They certainly havent been playing well, but at least they are starting to pitch a bit, the first 4 losses were so fustrating because the starters laid an egg. At least Dice was marginal/average yesterday and lester was outstanding today.

Bats are always behind pitching early in the year, What has me worried more than the offense is that the starters up till lester today have looked awful. Hopefully this start by lester is the start of a trend.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2011, 02:53:37 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
You have overpaid players underachieving and bench players (McDonald) making inexcusable base-running plays. Tito will be fired in a few weeks. I can't say I'd miss him, either. This team needs some sort of motivation. You don't win on paper.

You two are awesome, thanks for the laugh out loud moments :D

you really think the red sox are going to fire francona 3 weeks in for his players underachieving after 2 world championships and a ton of winning history on the club? Who would they bring in? jerry remi?

Thank god celticsbloggers don't hold any type of GM position in any major boston sport, teams would be shuffled around like madden franchises on steroids after every rough stretch.

There underachieving, but does anyone remember the yanks with Tex and sabbathia 2 years ago? that team got off to a horrendous start before kicking into high gear at the end of march.

I'll withhold long term judgment till at least mid march, just too many games to go. They certainly look awful right now though.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2011, 02:54:31 PM »

Offline outcry

• Bill Walton
The Red Sox are truly pathetic.  Probably one of the most disappointing teams in the history of the MLB.

After a terrible start like this I'll be shocked if they make the playoffs.  As talented as they supposedly are, this is going to hang around their necks the whole season.

Good lord.  ::) there are 156 Games left.

They certainly havent been playing well, but at least they are starting to pitch a bit, the first 4 losses were so fustrating because the starters laid an egg. At least Dice was marginal/average yesterday and lester was outstanding today.

Bats are always behind pitching early in the year, What has me worried more than the offense is that the starters up till lester today have looked awful. Hopefully this start by lester is the start of a trend.

When do fans start to worry? I'd understand if they were off to a slow start (3-3 or 2-4), but going 0-6 is inexcusable. Their lineup has been god awful. There are PLENTY of games left, but by the time this lineup starts hitting it honestly might be too late. I'd love for a sweep or two out of three this weekend, but I don't see that happening. Motivation is much needed right now.
2011 PAPOUG CHAMPION

« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2011, 02:57:15 PM »

Offline outcry

• Bill Walton

You two are awesome, thanks for the laugh out loud moments :D

you really think the red sox are going to fire francona 3 weeks in for his players underachieving after 2 world championships and a ton of winning history on the club? Who would they bring in? jerry remi?

Thank god celticsbloggers don't hold any type of GM position in any major boston sport, teams would be shuffled around like madden franchises on steroids after every rough stretch.

There underachieving, but does anyone remember the yanks with Tex and sabbathia 2 years ago? that team got off to a horrendous start before kicking into high gear at the end of march.

I'll withhold long term judgment till at least mid march, just too many games to go. They certainly look awful right now though.

Um, yes, the front office will fire Tito if they keep playing like this. I've said it earlier, but 30-35 games into the season and they're still playing like this? Do you not understand that this team has incredibly lofty expectations? There's really no reason to keep Tito around if the season is lost behind this talented club. Any front office would do the same. I appreciate Tito for what he HAS done, but at what point do you have to let that go?

Also, the Indians are terrible.
2011 PAPOUG CHAMPION