Author Topic: Lakers (35-16) at Celtics (38-13) 2/10  (Read 93594 times)

Re: Lakers (35-16) at Celtics (38-13) 2/10
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2011, 04:52:27 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I think LA should be the slight favourite to win this game due to the absences of Shaquille O'Neal, Jermaine O'Neal, Marquis Daniels and Semih Erden.

The Celtics will still have a decent chance of winning but I think LA have the slight edge.

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2011, 04:53:14 PM »

Offline CorruptWave

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 19
Hi celticinorlando

I remember seeing you on Orlando Pinstriped Post sometimes, trying to talk with Magic fans.

What's with the stars underneath some of your guys' names?
You can just call me WaveOcean, or Wave for short. I was not thinking straight when I chose my screenname.

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2011, 04:56:41 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Given the current injury situation and given that this team has only 6 players that it can depend on going into this game, I am going to sadly have to predict a Lakers' victory. Glen Davis as the only "big" guy off the bench does not give me a lot of confidence, and having to see Von Wafer guard Kobe Bryant makes me feel even less good. I will be at the game and would love to see the Celtics win, but I think it is asking quite a lot given the injury situation. In addition, since Pierce did not show up for practice today given he is sick, my guess would be he also will not be 100 percent. The Lakers have much more depth than the Celtics right now and it will be enough for them to win the game by 5-10 points. Hope I am wrong, but I think I am being realistic.

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2011, 05:12:25 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Hi celticinorlando

I remember seeing you on Orlando Pinstriped Post sometimes, trying to talk with Magic fans.

What's with the stars underneath some of your guys' names?

Hey there.  I think I've seen your posts on some of the threads when I am doing Comments from the Other Side.   I'm not Celticinorlando but to answer your question,  for every 1000 posts you get a star.

I feel for your Cavs.  I was hoping they would do well this season.  I have been a Celtics fan since 1969 so have suffered through more than a few bad seasons here as well.  Hang in there. TP for sticking with your Cavs and not jumping ship. 

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2011, 05:24:02 PM »

Offline CorruptWave

• Oshae Brissett
Thanks FLCeltsFan.

All I can do is wait for this throwaway season to be over. In the meantime, I might as well pick another title contender to root for. So I'm rooting for the Celtics.

Do you live in Florida? The home state of my two least favorite teams? What's that like?
You can just call me WaveOcean, or Wave for short. I was not thinking straight when I chose my screenname.

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2011, 05:48:14 PM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123
My Pic is changed again for the occasion .. ;D

TP FL for the set-up. Class as usual.

I think that this should be Kobes pic for every game thread .. d'ya reckon?

Or maybe this?

Depleted C's .. big win .. C'mon!
Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2011, 05:48:41 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I think LA should be the slight favourite to win this game due to the absences of Shaquille O'Neal, Jermaine O'Neal, Marquis Daniels and Semih Erden.

The Celtics will still have a decent chance of winning but I think LA have the slight edge.

i agree..but i just get a sneaky feeling boston will play well.

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2011, 06:06:57 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429

I definitely agree that the Celts will play well. However, the lack of bodies will be the difference at the end of the game. I fear Odom is going to have a huge game tomorrow.

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2011, 06:11:36 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC

I definitely agree that the Celts will play well. However, the lack of bodies will be the difference at the end of the game. I fear Odom is going to have a huge game tomorrow.

not really seeing why the lack of bodies will make much difference. only one we are missing will be daniels from the first game...honestly shaq didn't do anything vs the lakers...not much of a loss there...and baby was on the floor in crunch time vs bynum and did a great job. i think von will have to step up.

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2011, 07:32:02 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Thanks FLCeltsFan.

All I can do is wait for this throwaway season to be over. In the meantime, I might as well pick another title contender to root for. So I'm rooting for the Celtics.

Do you live in Florida? The home state of my two least favorite teams? What's that like?

Yes, I live in the FL Panhandle...aka hurricane central :)    I love it here because we have seasons but it doesn't get too cold in the winter and we don't get snow. 

Of the two teams in Florida, I've always kind of liked the Magic ever since they came into the league.  Of course I don't like them when they play the Celtics but otherwise, they are my favorite home state team.    Their GM Pat Williams is a great guy and I've met him a few times and really like him.

I have always disliked the Heat and this year that dislike is approaching Laker Hate proportions.   I'm glad you picked the Celtics to root for this season while your Cavs rebuild. 

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2011, 08:13:32 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

not really seeing why the lack of bodies will make much difference. only one we are missing will be daniels from the first game...honestly shaq didn't do anything vs the lakers...not much of a loss there...and baby was on the floor in crunch time vs bynum and did a great job. i think von will have to step up.
reason people are worried is because Marquis pretty much is our bench beside Baby...right there along with Shaq while he didn't do a whole lot it goes beyond numbers with him obviously hes a big body you have to respect and not leave alone. also with him in Bynum/Odom/Pau will NOT be able to score easy buckets last thing we need is for them to get going I don't care how old he is or how much minutes he logged well miss him and Marquis for sure
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2011, 08:17:37 PM »

Offline CorruptWave

• Oshae Brissett
Pistons 55, Cavs 43

Sorry. I couldn't find the Pistons-Cavs thread someone made earlier.

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2011, 08:21:40 PM »

Offline CorruptWave

• Oshae Brissett
Their GM Pat Williams is a great guy and I've met him a few times and really like him.
Oh wow. Were you a VIP at a Magic game or something?

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2011, 08:29:07 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Their GM Pat Williams is a great guy and I've met him a few times and really like him.
Oh wow. Were you a VIP at a Magic game or something?

Actually I met him totally out of basketball context.   Pat was a speaker at a few teachers conferences that I attended and he spent a lot of time talking with us individually.  He has 16 children (4 biological and 12 adopted) and does a lot of speaking engagements on raising children and on leadership. 

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2011, 09:10:18 PM »

Offline JerseyKid.

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Our heart will prevail.
if rondo attacks like he did vs orlando...boston will win easily.
I think the key is how well the C's play defensively. You can't expect Kobe be so incredibly hot again, so does a second Laker do much offensively?

40 for kobe is a walk in the park for him. I'm expecting him to play the same, if not better. I'm worried about us lacking fire power, I don't see the captain getting 30 plus again. He was freakishly in the zone last time. And now especially if he isn't feeling well. We haven't had anyone score over 30 in a game yet have we? We are going to need the best from everyone who can play or this will be another shameful loss this season.