Author Topic: Pierce sprained hand in practice...also getting MRI on foot  (Read 6745 times)

Re: Pierce sprained hand in practice...also getting MRI on foot
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2011, 07:52:56 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
My understanding is that a player must sit out one game either before or after the All-Star game in order to skip the All-Star game.

Part of me wonders whether this ankle issue is a smokescreen to give PP some rest by sitting out the ASG.

Question though: does the same restriction apply to the 3 Point contest? I'm more interested in the Pierce/Allen duel than anything else on that weekend...

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2011, 08:04:26 PM »

Offline Megatron

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 136
Pierce isnt going to sit out the all-star game or the 3 point contest.

Hes going to play through injury, we all know this, Pierce isnt J.O.

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2011, 08:08:37 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i expect him to sit wednesday and go the the all star game. he even said they were minor...i think the flu was a big issue today...he looked zapped

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2011, 09:03:00 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
i would expect three things:
1)pierce sits vs nets.
2)he goes in 3 point comp
3)he plays ASG but only 10 mins at most, not really doing much.
He then sits again for 2-3 games IF shaq is back.
If shaq isn't back then i think he plays through it till we have another big time player back and then he sits.It's quite possible  he'll sit anyway.
We can run wafer for extended minutes especially vs garbage teams like the nets and still pull an easy win- rondo, KG, perk and allen are all playing well enough to get the team through this rough patch.
I'm actually really happy that this is and KG's leg are the biggest injury problems we've had with the starting five this season.
I also like the fact that shaq is sitting and resting to get things better because he is gonna play alot in the latter part of the regular season to give KG and perk a bit of rest, and also to align himself with the core secondary unit and get a feel for the other players.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.